Santorum the thin skinned..........

Any publicity is good for Rick right now. He should laugh it off and tell the media, here's my actual positions.

Apparently, Rick Santorum is now upset that SNL did a parody of him..........

Rick Santorum criticized a Saturday Night Live skit that poked fun at his anti-gay marriage views and trailing poll numbers as "bullying" in an interview this weekend.

SNL, in a send-up of last week's Bloomberg/Washington Post debate that set candidate's seating order based on poll numbers, said seating for the skit was based "on the likelihood of the candidate winning the nomination."

Actors playing contenders Herman Cain and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney were seated at the table, while Texas Gov. Rick Perry was placed in the corner of the set, Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) was banished to a parking garage, former Speaker Newt Gingrich (Ga.) and Rep. Michele Bachmann (Minn.) were put a broom closet, and Santorum in "a crowded gay bar in the Castro district of San Francisco."

Although Santorum, played by Andy Samberg, had only a limited roll in the sketch, he was portrayed as upset and uncomfortable.

New Hampshire radio station WGIR asked Santorum on Sunday about the sketch — the former Pennsylvania senator said that while he hadn't yet seen it, he had been "hammered" for his support of conservative principles.

"We’ve been hammered by the left for my standing up for the traditional family and I will continue to do so," Santorum said. "The left, unfortunately, participates in bullying more than the right does. They say that they’re tolerant, and they’re anything but tolerant of people who disagree with them and support traditional values."

Santorum calls SNL sketch 'bullying' - The Hill's Video

I thought that during political season, SNL made fun of ALL the politicians. They've done it with Hillary, Obama, as well as many others, yet Santorum seems to not like the attention.

And besides, how can this be considered "bullying"?

I agree. Santorum has much in common with the president of the U.S. huh???

Apparently, Rick Santorum is now upset that SNL did a parody of him..........

Rick Santorum criticized a Saturday Night Live skit that poked fun at his anti-gay marriage views and trailing poll numbers as "bullying" in an interview this weekend.

SNL, in a send-up of last week's Bloomberg/Washington Post debate that set candidate's seating order based on poll numbers, said seating for the skit was based "on the likelihood of the candidate winning the nomination."

Actors playing contenders Herman Cain and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney were seated at the table, while Texas Gov. Rick Perry was placed in the corner of the set, Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) was banished to a parking garage, former Speaker Newt Gingrich (Ga.) and Rep. Michele Bachmann (Minn.) were put a broom closet, and Santorum in "a crowded gay bar in the Castro district of San Francisco."

Although Santorum, played by Andy Samberg, had only a limited roll in the sketch, he was portrayed as upset and uncomfortable.

New Hampshire radio station WGIR asked Santorum on Sunday about the sketch — the former Pennsylvania senator said that while he hadn't yet seen it, he had been "hammered" for his support of conservative principles.

"We’ve been hammered by the left for my standing up for the traditional family and I will continue to do so," Santorum said. "The left, unfortunately, participates in bullying more than the right does. They say that they’re tolerant, and they’re anything but tolerant of people who disagree with them and support traditional values."

Santorum calls SNL sketch 'bullying' - The Hill's Video

I thought that during political season, SNL made fun of ALL the politicians. They've done it with Hillary, Obama, as well as many others, yet Santorum seems to not like the attention.

I was thinking, tonight, of Rick being bullied in HS, without having heard his comments about SNL. You know he's used to it.

No…

Advocates of individual rights will always defend the Constitution against its enemies, Santorum is such an enemy.

It’s not.

Santorum incorrectly believes that objecting to one’s rights being denied is ‘bullying.’

Any publicity is good for Rick right now. He should laugh it off and tell the media, here's my actual positions.

He hasn’t already expressed his ‘actual positions’? It’s difficult to believe anyone can be even more wrong about Constitutional law.

I can understand Santorum's feeling hurt by the SNL skit. I'm sure most of us would be a bit bothered if an elaborate comedy sketch mocked us on national television. As a public figure though, he has to accept it.

I don't think the left is more inclined to mockery than the right. I think they might be better at it, though. Conservative strips like "Mallard Fillmore" have never had the cultural relevance or commercial success of "Doonesbury". And who would be the conservative comedian who could claim success commensurate with Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert?

I can understand Santorum's feeling hurt by the SNL skit. I'm sure most of us would be a bit bothered if an elaborate comedy sketch mocked us on national television. As a public figure though, he has to accept it.

I don't think the left is more inclined to mockery than the right. I think they might be better at it, though. Conservative strips like "Mallard Fillmore" have never had the cultural relevance or commercial success of "Doonesbury". And who would be the conservative comedian who could claim success commensurate with Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert?

a guy by the name of George W.Bush......funny dude.....

New Topics

Forum List

Back