Santorum the Progressive Conservative, okay with abortion until 3rd trimester

I've changed my mind on Abortion. Brought up in the Catholic tradition, I got the full Cathoic indoctrination about abortion and was anti-abortion even after becoming an atheist.

What's changed my mind is that as a pure practical matter, making it illegal is impossible. In addition- and more importantly, the GOP only uses this issue to get the rank and file worked up while they get about the important business of demolishing the middle class. Which is why after 40 years of being against Roe v. Wade, Roe v. Wade is still the law despite 8 GOP appointments to SCOTUS.

Santorum seems to me to have had a real change of heart on the issue. There was no advantage to declaring yourself pro-life in a blue state. Romney was pro-choice when running in a blue state and pro-life when he decided he needed to convince the Evangelicals in Iowa to vote for him.

I don't worry about this issue because at this point, it's not like you are going to get any meaningful restrictions on abortion. Even if the court was to overturn Roe, the states will just pass laws that will be exactly like Roe.

Translation: Genocide is big money for the Left. Don't mess with the Golden Goose.

Genocide would imply the intent is to wipe out a race rather than just sensibly decide to control its own growth.

Abortion and Birth control are reactions to the fact we've beaten death back. We don't have famines or plagues or wars wiping out millions anymore. Not like we used to, anyway. If population growth wasn't contained, we'd overrun the planet. We might end up doing that anyway.

P.s., Intense, it's pretty much moot. I'd still like to hear more about the position paper but the scary thing about him is that he thinks that when a father rapes his daughter and she ends up pregnant that was God giving her a gift.

The part about him once having a sane position on abortion and changing his position mid-race is merely interesting. Not a reason to be alarmed about him.

It sounds to me like he's accepting the full Catholic Theological Position on the issue.

Sorry, this is what Catholics really believe. In Theory, anyway. IN practice, they go down to teh abortion clinic just like everyone else.

P.s., Intense, it's pretty much moot. I'd still like to hear more about the position paper but the scary thing about him is that he thinks that when a father rapes his daughter and she ends up pregnant that was God giving her a gift.

The part about him once having a sane position on abortion and changing his position mid-race is merely interesting. Not a reason to be alarmed about him.

It sounds to me like he's accepting the full Catholic Theological Position on the issue.

Sorry, this is what Catholics really believe. In Theory, anyway. IN practice, they go down to teh abortion clinic just like everyone else.
Here it is from the semi libertarian Paul:
**********************************************r

GOP presidential hopeful Rick Santorum is under fire in South Carolina for touting his alleged pro-life beliefs but voting to subsidize abortion and Planned Parenthood, the largest provider of abortions in America, while serving in the U.S. Senate. He has also backed pro-abortion candidates and voted for legislation that is being used to federally prosecute peaceful pro-life protesters who demonstrate outside of abortion clinics. Critics are outraged.

[video] Pro Choice Senator Santorum Voted to Subsidize Abortion, Planned Parenthood | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

Think about the other side. Barry Obama used his limited legal expertise when he was a state senator to murder premature babies by abandoning them to die of exposure without aid or even a blanket to comfort them while they were dying. It was a Chicago method of getting around the ban on the stabbing death (late term abortions) of full term babies. A nurse was handed a living breathing baby by a custodian in a Chicago hospital who found it in the garbage. The nurse blew the whistle on the manslaughter and Barry got her fired and kept the carnage going.

Think about the other side. Barry Obama used his limited legal expertise when he was a state senator to murder premature babies by abandoning them to die of exposure without aid or even a blanket to comfort them while they were dying. It was a Chicago method of getting around the ban on the stabbing death (late term abortions) of full term babies. A nurse was handed a living breathing baby by a custodian in a Chicago hospital who found it in the garbage. The nurse blew the whistle on the manslaughter and Barry got her fired and kept the carnage going.
Please provide some evidence. That is MURDER.

Please provide some evidence. That is MURDER.

Chapter 10 of 'The Case Against Barack Obama'
102996535.jpg

Obama’s 10 reasons for supporting infanticide

Anti-Abortion 527 Launches Anti-Obama TV Ad - ABC News

Here it is from the semi libertarian Paul:
**********************************************r

GOP presidential hopeful Rick Santorum is under fire in South Carolina for touting his alleged pro-life beliefs but voting to subsidize abortion and Planned Parenthood, the largest provider of abortions in America, while serving in the U.S. Senate. He has also backed pro-abortion candidates and voted for legislation that is being used to federally prosecute peaceful pro-life protesters who demonstrate outside of abortion clinics. Critics are outraged.

[video] Pro Choice Senator Santorum Voted to Subsidize Abortion, Planned Parenthood | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

Will someone please get Ron Paul back on his meds?

It should be pointed out- again- that Planned Parenthood is being paid for non-abortion services by the government, services the government actually wants done. That the party has gone so crazy that they've moved past this very sensible position is a large part of why its losing ground. (And sorry, no 2010 doesn't count.)

On top of that, really, this isn't somewhere Romney really wants to go. Romney sure as hell doesn't want to talk about abortion.

That nurse was totally discredited in her claims.

That nurse was totally discredited in her claims.
After I posted the Paul take on the situation the "HUFFPO" haters changed the subject. PAUL, the halfway libertarian, also accused Santorum of pro abortion votes.

(I rarely read Huffington, I like original sources, not digests. Newsmax is great for the righties that don't want full stories)

Forum List

Back