Santorum says he does not believe in Separation of Church and State

According to the forefathers of the United States, church and state should be separated because of the influence of the Church of England on the King and parliament. The founding fathers felt that politics and government should be separate from religion in America, as the country welcomed people of all religions. It would be unfair to people from other religions if one religion (say, Christianity in one of its forms) was the official state religion and the laws of the country were based on principles that residents and citizens may not believe in under their religion of choice.

And thats why it should be seperated.
That religiousfag will never get into office.

You lost me... So Santorum should be allowed to make it illegal for gays to get married on a federal level because how again?

The constitution does not discriminate based upon gender, sexuality or race... Santorum does that all on his own and it’s all based on religion.

It pretty much has been until recently. Nothing new there. I'd support Civil Unions, Myself, with Parallel Rights to what Married Couples receive, no problem there. Personally, I thought that was the better path all along. I know the argument is too complicated for you, some seeing it as a corruption of a Definition, using the word Marriage, outside of the Bonding of One Man and One Woman. There really is no True Authority on Anything in this Nation without the support of 75% of the Governed. All it takes for a Constitutional Amendment is Pissing Off that many People enough to get them to focus on anything Specifically, and take appropriate action. No matter what smoke and mirror tricks and diversion tactics, the Puppet Masters use, the Angry Super Majority will have them pissing in their Depends, shaking at their knees, asking for another chance to deceive. Good try though. ;)

Dude, it's not hard to understand or follow, it's bullshit to claim that Santorum is right is all... As I said, it's like the General welfare clause, the FF spelled it out after the fact because some people can't grasp how basic it was spelled out in the constitution, yet these same people STILL don't get it.

Like Avatar... Yeah, I get it, you can be religious and hold office, or a Government job... I never said you couldn't neither did the constitution. But when you try and pass laws changing the constitution to push a religion's bigotry then there is issue and it's plain as day to see.

The General Welfare Clause has been abused from Conception. Hamilton reversed his position as soon as the Constitution was Ratified, using the General Welfare Clause to Piss all over Enumerated Powers. He used the Concept of Federalism, underhandedly, to establish his Oligarchy Empire. You yourself could not be more full of shit.

The country is far from falling apart. As for turning away from God, you say that like it is a bad thing. As for turning away from your Fathers, you do know they weren't supermen, right? That had their flaws, too...

It is a bad thing silly. Stop acting like you have something better to offer when you don't.

I'm not religious, am I lost?

Most religious people would say yes... do you know why? Because they are arrogant and literally struggle to think for themselves, that's why many basic simple situations "shake their faith."

I’m not saying there is not a God, I’m saying religious people don’t know dick about God, God even says so… Yet you/they love to pretend you have some answer that the rest of us are looking for.

The next steps of evolution for mankind is to get away from religion where they are told by another man what their interpretation of God’s will and message is and figure out their path for themselves.

We are not in disagreement of Who or What, We as a Society think God is or Isn't. What God is or Isn't to You or I, is a matter of Conscience, not Dictated by Anyone to Another, Not Forced, but Realized. This is a Christian Concept. You need to Study Locke, more, on this subject.

What we learn, as a Society, regarding Good and Evil, what is tolerated and what is not, positive direction, negative direction, Reward and Punishment, is the business and concern of the Society. Through the Consent of the Governed we Establish and Maintain that Cause. Such is Just Government. Rule of Law, Due Process, and Appeal are a part of that Equation.

There are few Values, Ideal;s, Principle, rooted outside of the Field of Religion. Maybe you need to look into that more.

The United States Constitution does not contain any wording even close to "separation of Church and State", nor did the political actions of the founders give any indication that more than one or two, held any such views.

One of the first actions of the first congress was to appoint chaplains for both the House of Representatives and the Senate. Then, and now, both houses of congress begin each session with a prayer. Church services were held in the House chambers on Sundays. Congress mandated that the army and navy provide chaplains to attend to the religious needs of their men

Yeah--RIGHT---:badgrin::badgrin:

Santorum-Throwing-Up.jpg

While all the hooplaw about Rick Santorum--there are some very troubling problems with this candidate--on many of the things he has stated--and it's not only about States being able to ban birth control contraceptives, and banning sonograms for pregnant women. There's a lot more here than just that.

1. Santorum states he does not believe in the separation of Church and State.
Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum said that he doesn't believe in the separation of church and state, saying that he nearly got sick while reading a speech about the subject once said by President John F. Kennedy.'I almost threw up,' Mr Santorum said when talking about the speech during an interview this morning.
Rick Santorum 'almost threw up' when reading JFK's speech about the need for a separation between church and state | Mail Online

2. Santorum on record for stating that Protestants have lost their Christianity.
On today’s Up with Chris Hayes, the host unveiled a 2008 talk by Rick Santorum that could possibly be the only thing to make him lose the American religious vote: one in which he condemns “mainline protestantism,” of all things, and claims it is now “gone from the world of Christianity.” Needless to say, these sorts of words coming from a Catholic cannot inspire confidence in the sort of voter that looked askance at John F. Kennedy for being a Papist.

The speech is from a 2008 event at Ave Maria College in Florida, where Santorum notes that America was founded upon a Christian philosophy but “the Judeo-Christian ethic was a Protestant one.” “We look at the shape of mainline protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it,” he concludes.
Chris Hayes Digs Up 2008 Santorum Speech Stating Protestants Are ‘Gone From The World Of Christianity’ | Mediaite

3. Santorum states that States have the "right" to ban birth control contraceptives.
Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, whose strong base of evangelical Christian supporters has thrust him into contention in Iowa, said on Monday that he believes states should have the right to outlaw birth control and sodomy without the interference of the Supreme Court.

In an interview with Jake Tapper on ABC News, Santorum reiterated his opposition to the Supreme Court’s 1965 ruling that prevented Connecticut from banning contraception.

“The state has a right to do that, I have never questioned that the state has a right to do that," he said. "It is not a constitutional right. The state has the right to pass whatever statutes they have. That's the thing I have said about the activism of the Supreme Court--they are creating rights, and it should be left up to the people to decide."
Rick Santorum: States Should Have Power To Ban Birth Control, Sodomy

Now for you Santorum supporters: Do you really believe that a person like this-- One who does not understand nor respect the U.S. Constitution--and one who has stated that he does not believe in the Separation of Church and State and one who does not respect the religious freedoms and rights of others--is really capable of leading this country? Do you really believe that he is capable of defeating Barack Obama with these EXTREME social views?

Obama will mop the floor with Rick Santorum. Women, including conservative women and independents will be running into those voting booths to vote for Barack Obama.

Remember we are not voting for a 16th century Catholic priest--we're voting for the leader of the free world that has to keep his/her personal religious beliefs out of decisions--and Rick Santorum is not capable of doing that. Furthermore, his actual voting record and earmark record is not even close to being conservative. He has a very big spending and earmark record.

So think again before you cast that vote.

cath-lives-9.gif

I got news for you- Obama and the democrats don't believe in separation of church and state either. Which is why they are using the government to interfere with private religious institutions.

The single greatest violation of "separation of church and state" is Obamacare, not to mention a direct violation of first amendment rights:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Forum List

Back