Santorum said Romney ran to the left in the 90's

Discussion in 'Politics' started by G.T., Oct 19, 2011.

1. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,553
    Perry campaigned for Gore against his own statesman

Cain flip-flopped within an hour and a half on negotiating with terrorists and looked visibly uncomfortable when Cooper showed him actual video of himself earlier that night (post debate interview vs. pre-debate interview).
    Cain's plan has been scrutinized and deemed epic failsauce by Santorum, Romney, Perry, Gingrich. He kept insisting "but but I have a financial team that says so" but couldn't articulate it himself.
    Cain said that it was the Fault of Americans themselves for not having a job. (that's probably true in some cases, not 24 million cases though)
    Perry is a magnet for illegal immigration and has a horrendous record on Education, Healthcare for young children and EXPANSION of State Government.
    Romney licks his finger, sticks it in the air and his policy is whatever way the wind blows.

Who is your CONSERVATIVE Champion? (I realize you already think they're ALL better than ObaMA)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,075
    I'm not thrilled with any of them. I could still vote for Perry, Cain, Gingrich or Santorum over Obama.

I will not vote for Romney, Bachmann, or Ron Paul. (I think Huntsman is going to bow out.)

We have so many good people who could have run. I think none of them wanted the taint of running against the first black president, though.

3. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,553
    I don't trust Cain or Perry - Gingrich is a fail-sauce at life (Divorces, Resigned from his previous Speaker of the House position amidst controversy, etc.) - Santorum could be alright.

4. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    {Snicker} JoeB said "taint" in a Santorum thread... :lol:

5. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,075
    You see, I don't hold Gingrich's marriages against him. Frankly, I always have wondered about this mentality that our politicians have to be perfect family men when few of us are and their line of work often precludes them from dedicating enough time to it, anyway. We'd be better off served by a bunch of workaholic bachelors, but we'd never elect one of those.

I do think it was hypocritical of him to go after Clinton when his own marriage had issues.

I also think he shouldn't have resigned because the GOP Caucus lost all of five seats, but that's what you are expected to do on our side. Pelosi lost 60 and she's still there.

6. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,553
    You have an internal conflict of interest there.

Much like I agree that Mormonism is a cult, it's private life just like Divorces.

It speaks to a man's character and his values. Newt has a slimy character, slimy values. His history with women makes that quite clear, and to give someone with that level of grimy activity in their life the prestige of the Presidency is like Awarding the second place teams in the tournament with the same trophy the first place team gets despite not working as hard.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,127
    Yup.

It's not his divorces it's his cheating that speaks volumes about his character.

8. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,075
    Except that I don't consider religion to be a "private life". I think that it says quite a bit about how the person thinks and how they would confront a problem.

It was totally valid to ask Obama if he would renounce the rancid words of Jeremiah Wright. (He got it right, eventually). It was perfectly valid to ask Rick Perry if he believes in Evolution. But if you ask Mitt Romney if he really thinks America was inhabited by a Hebrew Civilization that wrote their own bible, that's just completley out of bounds?

I wouldn't want to be Newt Gingrich's wife. Then again, I wouldn't want to be Bill Clinton's wife, either.

9. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    And divorcing wives when they get sick doesn't?

10. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,553
    I really have to part ways with not taking his cheating, divorcing, leaving sick women in the dust, getting head in cars while a public figure, etc.....as indicators of what kind of a man this guy is.