Santorum out: PRess Sudeenly Nice to Him!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IndependntLogic, Apr 10, 2012.

1. IndependntLogic

IndependntLogic Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    So now that this whackjob has finally realized that married couples prefer not to churn out a dozen babies and so they won't vote for him, non-fundamentalist Christians are also allowed to vote and so on... FOX, CNN and even MSNBC are being nice to him! The gal on MSNBC commented on how he came from obscurity to a position where, for a least a while, he posed a real threat to Romney.

This is the best thing that can happen for Romney. He no longer has to chase Santorum off into the Far Right and away from the voters (like me) who determine elections. If Gingrich stays in and continues his Far Right appeal to the Conservative Base, Romney can actually use that to contrast himself - and gain ground with Moderates and Independents who don't notice he's said the opposite during the previous few months.

Obama has been gaining a lead over Romney during the last two months (he's gone from a .5% lead to a 5.3% lead on RCP Average of all polls). I'll bet this narrows the gap.

So now Romney can gently begin the transition to Mitt-Flop v.3.1 - and go back to The Center and away from that rather inconvenient Right Wing. After all, it's not like Right Wingers are going to vote for Obama under any circumstances, so screw 'em.

Birth Control will become okay again. He will go out of his way to praise women and make sure they know their rights will not be violated under his administration. if he's smart, he might even make someone like Susana Martinez his running mate! Gays, while not being worthy of marriage, will at least be considered human beings. Minorites will be um, well, hmmm. Dogs will be allowed to ride IN the car!

And so it will continue until he is closer to Mitt v.1.1 The Mildly Liberal Centrist. And all the Republicans and Conservatives (with the possible exception of Ron Paul supporters) will vote for him anyway.

As Americans have the memory of a flea, 2012 should be a very close race!

2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,728
    another thread by another moron..

3. nitroz

nitroz INDEPENDENTly ruthless

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    lol, they are thankful that he's stopping his campaign of forced religious bullshit

4. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,031
    LOL.

I love the "Voters like me that determine election" delusion

Isn't it the spare tire saying "wherever I go, the car goes!"

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,792
    Pretty harsh words from who claims to have "independent logic". Maybe lefties don't even realize that they are substituting hatred for logic.

6. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Romney will surely get a bump after the RNC rally..but I can't see it lasting. The Republicans have alienated almost every group imaginable..with the exception of White Evangelical Voters. Even people that can't stand Obama in no way want to go back to Bush's policies. And Romney is picking over Bush's leftovers for his "cabinet".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. IndependntLogic

IndependntLogic Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Hmmm. Zero on any issues, topics etc... Well there is always a noticable pattern among the more ignorant on either extreme.

Hmmm. Zero on any issues, topics etc... Well there is always a noticable pattern among the more ignorant on either extreme.

Wait. You're discussing the facts cited, the issue and topic!
    Well I suppose it was bound to happen eventually. The whole board can't be ignorant whackjobs with Zero to say.

I think it will be a very close race. Like I said, Romney will go back to the Middle. A lot of Indies and Mods are frustrated with Obama. It's a matter of whether Romney can get to The Center without seeming to be any more hypocritical than he already seems to those not already devoted to The Cause.

8. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Excuse me? When did Santorum ever say that only Christians could vote? Is there some reason reporters shouldn't be nice to him? Did they turn on Hillary when she lost to Obama? Kerry when he lost to Gore?

When did Romney chase Santorum? The man has never once repudiated RomneyCare, despite abundant opportunities to do so. That means he never even left the left side of the spectrum.

That depends on which polls you pay attention to. One of these days you ought to put some of the skills you claim to have to work analyzing why USA Today polls a higher percentage of Democrats in their polls than have ever existed anywhere, or when, in the universe, even 2008.

It sure would be nice for him to go toward the center, I doubt he will. Talking RomneyCare now would make him look really stupid, even more stupid than you.

When in the last 20 years has birth control not been OK?

Mildly liberal centrist? Do you realize how far left you have to be to see Romney as mildly liberal?

Ever see a flea circus? Fleas have a better memory than you.

9. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    You are half right, it is the same moron.

10. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,060
    They've probably alienated White Evangelicals by nominating the Mormon.

Romney's going to go through the motions, but at some point, the RNC is going to abandon him and concentrate on Congress.