Santorum is a 'Cafeteria Catholic'

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
iVMxE.png

WDscq.png

The Catholic Church opposes the death penalty and the Iraq War (and all wars of choice).

*bump*

I have to stop making threads in the wee hours - they end up getting lost by the next afternoon.

So, Santorum (Google it!) is a staunch defender and follower of the Catholic Church, is he? Then why does he go against the church's position on capital punishment?

Most, if not all catholics are Cafeteria Catholics. If that were not true, we wouldn't be seeing a majority of catholics in favor of readily available birth control.

Granted that Catholics tend to be sheep in most church matters, they're not so stupid that they don't know where babies come from.

Look at Santorum's family. They're either using birth control or not having sex. From what we've seen of squirrely Santorum, I suspect the latter. That's why he doesn't want anyone else to enjoy that delightful pastime.

As for going against the church's "teachings", I wonder if he went to confession after his part in the hush money and sex scandal ...

Confession - that's why he can be in favor of killing children in a war. He can always confess and be absolved. Disgusting.

Because he's an individual, and the Catholic Church encourages individuals to form opinions of their own. We're not like the Democrats. We think independently.

Twit.
Bullshit! Individuality stops at the intersection of church teachings.

The Catholic Church does not let you pick and choose which of their tenets you wish to follow, i.e. Cafeteria Catholicism.

Santorum may be a cafeteria catholic, but what is the man we have leading us now?

Still trying to figure that one out
:eusa_think:

Because he's an individual, and the Catholic Church encourages individuals to form opinions of their own. We're not like the Democrats. We think independently.

Twit.

The Catholic Church does not let you pick and choose which of their tenets you wish to follow, i.e. Cafeteria Catholicism.

Tell that to Nancy PEElosi, and all the rest of the pro abortion 'catholics' on capital hill.
:eusa_whistle:

Santorum may be a cafeteria catholic, but what is the man we have leading us now?

Obama currently attends the same church Dubya did.

Before that, he attended Reverend Wright's Trinity United Church of Christ Mega Mosque of Doooooooom.

Last edited:

Obama currently attends the same church Dubya did.

Before that, he attended Reverend Wright's Trinity United Church of Christ Mega Mosque of Doooooooom.

and he didnt hear a damn word...

At least Santorum eats from the menu at the cafeteria. Obama brings his own food to the cafeteria, and tries to force it down the rest of our throats.

Mega Mosque of Doooooooom :lol: thats a good one g-man.

Twit.

Tell that to Nancy PEElosi, and all the rest of the pro abortion 'catholics' on capital hill.
:eusa_whistle:
They aren't making an issue out of their religious beliefs, like Santorum, are they?

Well if you are going to set your self up as a believer in a faith to get elected then your positions should align with it.

I personally think religion shouldn't be a factor. Don't tell me you are a catholic and I can't point out your hypocrisy.

The wingnuts obviously cannot defend Santorum's position on capital punishment relative to his proclaimed Catholicism.

Well, whatever he is, he will be a blip in the history books. He'd better keep flailing away at this presidential run, he's nothing but just another extremist winger again once it's over.

Twit.

For all his wearing of his religion on his sweater vest, he sure does not tithe like one. He gave a WHOPPING 2.4% of his million dollar income to charity. It should be more like 10%.

I just tuned in to see what a Cafateria Catholic was. Ha, now I see! I think he is more of a Buffet Bigot.

Well, whatever he is, he will be a blip in the history books. He'd better keep flailing away at this presidential run, he's nothing but just another extremist winger again once it's over.
...only with larger speaking fees from the dumbasses.

Forum List

Back