Santorum: "I don't care what the unemployment rate is going to be it doesn't matter"

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Santorum: "I don't care" about US unemployment rate - Yahoo! News

MOLINE, Ill. — Republican White House hopeful Rick Santorum said on Monday he did not care about the U.S. unemployment rate, perhaps the nation's most closely watched economic indicator, despite being embroiled in a campaign largely focused on the still-sputtering economy.

"I don't care what the unemployment rate is going to be. It doesn't matter to me. My campaign doesn't hinge on unemployment rates and growth rates," Santorum said during a campaign appearance in Illinois, which on Tuesday holds the next contest in the state-by-state battle for the Republican presidential nomination.

[youtube]o9UOXjvwS-I[/youtube]

Awesome. This is the man for the job! :rolleyes:

Whoopty shit. He's going to run against Obama's abysmal record, regardless of what the unemployment rate is.

What do you want him to say? That he'll drop out of the race and declare Obama king if unemployment hits a certain rate?

By the way, no one is buying the phoney outrage. You're obviously not upset by the current President who has a track record of not caring or doing anything about the unemployment rate.

MOLINE, Ill. — Republican White House hopeful Rick Santorum said on Monday he did not care about the U.S. unemployment rate, perhaps the nation's most closely watched economic indicator, despite being embroiled in a campaign largely focused on the still-sputtering economy.

"I don't care what the unemployment rate is going to be. It doesn't matter to me. My campaign doesn't hinge on unemployment rates and growth rates," Santorum said during a campaign appearance in Illinois, which on Tuesday holds the next contest in the state-by-state battle for the Republican presidential nomination.

You must be a male. Women are going to shut him down and send him back to the 16th century where he belongs, whether they have a job or not.

Ricky has been unemployed since he lost his reelection bid for being a liar.

Pretty cool, that.

What Santorum was really saying was: Mitt is going to be the nominee- I am just in it for personal reasons...

:lol:

So is Newt. Callista wants to be in the movie business.

Ron Paul truly believes in his mission, it's just that part about letting people "find a church" to help them out when they are ill and without health insurance that makes people gag. Or maybe it's the dichotomy of saying something like this and being "pro-life" (anti-abortion) that makes women voters give him a thumb's down.

So the lemmings...er, um, I mean Republicans flock like mindless birds to the Romney camp.

This guy is scary and he was a *cough* "consultant" after leaving Congress

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Santorum#Post-Senate_career
Santorum earned $1.3 million in 2010 and the first half of 2011. The largest portion of his employment earnings – $332,000 – came from his work as a consultant for industry interest groups, including Consol Energy and American Continental Group.

He was a consultant like Gingrich was for Freddie Mac :)

I see the same old pathetic left wing hacks are trashing Santorum and completely ignoring the entire quote. Way to go, hacks. :rolleyes:

I oppose:

SS, Medicare, social welfare, budget deficits, government bigger than the constitution authorizes, national healthcare, our tax rates as high as they are..

Yep, I sure am a left wing hack :thup:

Of COURSE this is out of context.

But I don't care about that, it doesn't matter to me.

I see the same old pathetic left wing hacks are trashing Santorum and completely ignoring the entire quote. Way to go, hacks. :rolleyes:
The point he was trying to make is that he is a believer in a free market (albeit in a ham-handed way). The problem is that he also believes in keeping the Federal Reserve in place, calling into question his free market credentials.

The point he was trying to make is that he is a believer in a free market (albeit in a ham-handed way). The problem is that he also believes in keeping the Federal Reserve in place, calling into question his free market credentials.

The Fed is the absolute antithesis of a free market. Anyone who doesn't want to see the Fed done away with doesn't understand free market economics.

What Santorum was really saying was: Mitt is going to be the nominee- I am just in it for personal reasons...

:lol:

So is Newt. Callista wants to be in the movie business.

Ron Paul truly believes in his mission, it's just that part about letting people "find a church" to help them out when they are ill and without health insurance that makes people gag. Or maybe it's the dichotomy of saying something like this and being "pro-life" (anti-abortion) that makes women voters give him a thumb's down.

So the lemmings...er, um, I mean Republicans flock like mindless birds to the Romney camp.

Because ALL women voters are pro-choice...

...of course.:cuckoo:

Curious as what was at the end of that video. "I don't care about the unemployment rate--it doesn't matter to me--what does--is banning birth control contraceptives--and enforcing the Burka law on women----:clap2::clap2:

Geez--how on earth did this guy with his 16th century Roman Catholic beliefs and statement actually believe that anyone could possibly vote for him. One day he's a priest--the next a GYN doctor--and then a woman phsycologist.---:lol::lol:

Certainly unfit to be POTUS

You sound surprised. This is news to you? Santorum isn't running for office to address such non-issues as unemployment and the economy. He's got bigger fish to fry. Like boys that hold each others' hands.

I oppose:

SS, Medicare, social welfare, budget deficits, government bigger than the constitution authorizes, national healthcare, our tax rates as high as they are..

Yep, I sure am a left wing hack :thup:

Paulie, you leftard!

lol

This guy is scary and he was a *cough* "consultant" after leaving Congress

Rick Santorum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Santorum earned $1.3 million in 2010 and the first half of 2011. The largest portion of his employment earnings – $332,000 – came from his work as a consultant for industry interest groups, including Consol Energy and American Continental Group.

He was a consultant like Gingrich was for Freddie Mac :)

Larry Summers is Obama's chief financial adviser.
You might want to take your shoe off before you insert it into your mouth.

Forum List

Back