Santorum goes home

I can't stand Santorum, but will give him respect for standing up for what he believes in. Unlike Gringrich and Romney, Santorum came across as sincere rather than a political opportunist appeasing to popularity.

He left so Newt can pick up the votes, just like Perry did for Newt.

In the end this is just another huge bump for Paul... You have 2 huge progressives and 1 conservative.

He's got the same problem Huckabee had in 2008: Social Conservatives have been thrown under the bus.

He's not a bad candidate all told. He just isn't going to get support from the GOP establishment and the folks who do support him can't seem to help him on the national level.

I live outside of Jax and I heard he went home to get his tax information. He was not dropping out unless something has changed

Yep........now that Santorum is gone, all you guys have is Romney, Newt and Paul.

Paul isn't going to get the nod, never has, never will.

So now, you're just left with Romney and Newt, and I hope Newt wins FL.

I live outside of Jax and I heard he went home to get his tax information. He was not dropping out unless something has changed

He's not. But it sounds like he's also conceding the Florida Race to move on to other states where his base can help him win. At this point his best hope is that Newt gets creamed in Florida by Mitt and that he can then take Newt's spot as the "Anti-Romney."

I can't stand Santorum, but will give him respect for standing up for what he believes in. Unlike Gringrich and Romney, Santorum came across as sincere rather than a political opportunist appeasing to popularity.

Ditto.

His social conservatism was way too extreme for me, but he did come across as a stand-up guy. If it wasn't for his being such a prig, I might have given him more serious consideration.

He hasn't quit yet, but he is pretty much done in.

Yep........now that Santorum is gone, all you guys have is Romney, Newt and Paul.

I have gone from a "none of them are up to spec" attitude to an "anything but Newt" attitude. The man absolutely disgusts me, on a visceral level. I can't look at him without seeing some kind of black ooze inside him.

Last edited:

I have gone from a "none of them are up to spec" attitude to an "anything but Newt" attitude. The man absolutely disgusts me, on a visceral level. I can't look at him without seeing some kind of black ooze moving around inside him.

Think he's a Leviathan from Supernatural?

I have gone from a "none of them are up to spec" attitude to an "anything but Newt" attitude. The man absolutely disgusts me, on a visceral level. I can't look at him without seeing some kind of black ooze moving around inside him.

:lol:

I honestly believe he is a psychopath. I mean that literally.

He's incredibly slippery and quick-witted. But I think if he ever was cornered, everyone would see the ooze come pouring out.

Mitt almost got him cornered last night, during the "blind trust" exchange. And you could see Newt was smashed. But then Mitt opened a crack by calling Newt a "lobbyist" again. And Newt wriggled through on a technicality.

Dammit!! :lol:

But watch Newt's body language and face during that exchange. You can see the exact moment when he sees the crack.

But for the rest of the night, he had a shoulder to Mitt, and was leaning away from him. He was "clearly" and "fundamentallly" damaged. ;)

Last edited:

:lol:

I honestly believe he is a psychopath. I mean that literally.

He's incredibly slippery and quick-witted. But I think if he ever was cornered, everyone would see the ooze come pouring out.

Mitt almost got him cornered last night, during the "blind trust" exchange. And you could see Newt was smashed. But then Mitt opened a crack by calling Newt a "lobbyist" again. And Newt wriggled through on a technicality.

Dammit!! :lol:

I thought it was funny the way he tried to nail Romney on Bain and investments, and Romney said that he had the same kind in his portfolio. Newt lost his ass last night.

But I still hope he wins FL.

Forum List

Back