Santorum favors Iran strike if sanctions don’t work

First Paul denied Iran was engaged in building a bomb. Now it comes out they are enriching uranium. So now the call is, well they can't hurt us anyway.
Newsflash: This is not the 18th century. Any nation can attack us, anywhere, anytime. We have ties to regimes in the middle east, and stability there is in our own self interest. Anyone who takes military action off the table with Iran has basically capitulated without the first shot being fired. An IRanian hegemony in the middle east,backed up by nuclear threats, is unacceptable and detrimental to us.
The Paul-bots are a bunch of idiots. Like that needed demonstration.

Tell me how you plan to pay for this war... I wana hear you tell us all where the money will come from.

/thread.

Same way we paid for WW2.

ETA: if you need to go to war coming up with the money to do so is the last issue.

Say it then... Say you will inflate the deficit by borrowing money from China... You and Santorum are bigger spenders than Obama, it's that simple.

Rick Santorum has been banging the war drum since day one so this isn't surprising. I think he is barking up the wrong tree though. There is too much anti-war sentiment right now and I think people are still jaded over Iraq being such a huge lie and the quagmire that resulted. Maybe there is really a wolf this time but a lot of people aren't buying it.

God I wish that were true.

There's zero anti-war sentiment right now, everyone who pretended to be anti-war during Iraq cheered Obama for randomly blowing up Libya and doubling down on the warmongering in Afghanistan.

And Republicans would support any war that ended up killing brown ppl who own a Q'uran.

Tragic to say, now is the "perfect" time to go to war with Iran. Everyone would support it, since we've found a way to become numb to soldiers coming home in boxes.

And last but not least nobody really cares about big spending, deficits and racking up debt, that certainly wasn't a concern during the war in Iraq and certainly with democrats unwavering love for Obama they couldn't care less about those things.

Last edited:
Tell me how you plan to pay for this war... I wana hear you tell us all where the money will come from.

/thread.

Same way we paid for WW2.

ETA: if you need to go to war coming up with the money to do so is the last issue.

Say it then... Say you will inflate the deficit by borrowing money from China... You and Santorum are bigger spenders than Obama, it's that simple.

Borrowing money or taxes.

Odd that so many ppl who shout as loud as they can that they're conservative have no real issue with these things anymore.

what we did in 1957 in iran is really coming back to haunt us.
Ya' really want to "bother" the Teabaggers/"moralists" with any......

i have to hope that people are just too young (and simply don't understand the chain of events that our meddling started in '57).
All they (i.e. new young-"conservatives") know is what they've been told, in-reference-to....

like i've said many times before. at some point in the future, all countries will have nukes and methods of delivery. what are we gonna do when these countries come looking for payback for our past actions?

I think it's more a matter of.....If I was Iran....and, someone asked why I needed nukes....I'd simply point to IRAQ, as an example of what happens when you DON'T have nukes!!!!

Great job, there, BU$HCO!!!!!!

By his statement he is already planning on circumventing the constitution and initiating a war without congressional approval. How do you feel about that Rabbi? Attacking facilities in another country is an act of war and he would be inviting reprisals.

Yeah, he would be the first president to go to war without direct Congressional declaration.
Oh, wait.

watch oil prices surge.... can we say increase

How about if the USA buys natural resources from others instead of spending trillions of OUR tax dollars trying to steal the oil and natural gas from others?

How about you know the fuck what you're talking about before posting? Didn't Obama issue you with your talking points on this topic yet?

Twit.

watch oil prices surge.... can we say increase

How about if the USA buys natural resources from others instead of spending trillions of OUR tax dollars trying to steal the oil and natural gas from others?

Ages ago I worked as a paralegal in a mid sized law firm. One of the senior people was among the biggest assholes I've ever met. His name was Merrill. He was so bad I nicknamed my morning bowel movement Merrill. I see I was on to something.

On to something or on something? :cool:

By his statement he is already planning on circumventing the constitution and initiating a war without congressional approval. How do you feel about that Rabbi? Attacking facilities in another country is an act of war and he would be inviting reprisals.

Yeah, he would be the first president to go to war without direct Congressional declaration.
Oh, wait.

I didn't ask if he was the first, I asked how you felt about it. I am opposed to that kind of constitutional violation. Are you?

Oh, wait.

I didn't ask if he was the first, I asked how you felt about it. I am opposed to that kind of constitutional violation. Are you?

I hope you aren't living in one of the states carved out of the Louisiana Purchase, because that wasn't constitutional either.

Oh, wait.

I hope you aren't living in one of the states carved out of the Louisiana Purchase, because that wasn't constitutional either.

it's a simple question. Are you in favor of the POTUS whosoever it may be circumventing congress and committing acts of war against other nations in direct violation of the constitution?

"Well, he did it first!" is not a defence. This is about going forward. What do you think is right?

it's a simple question. Are you in favor of the POTUS whosoever it may be circumventing congress and committing acts of war against other nations in direct violation of the constitution?

"Well, he did it first!" is not a defence. This is about going forward. What do you think is right?

I think the president is the commander in chief. Congress appropriates money. The technicalities of it are largely irrelevant.

Forum List

Back