Santorum Family "Communist To The Core"

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Interesting article!! Thoughts?

Mrs. Santorum recalls fondly when Rick visited her in 1985 during his law internship in Florence, and when he came back again in 1986 and 1989. “He loved our culture and cuisine so much, he brought his wife-to-be, Karen, a massive cookbook of Italian recipes,” she said.

But the elder Santorum matriarch doesn’t understand why he has diverged so far from the family’s longtime political stance. “In Riva del Garda his grandfather Pietro and uncles were ‘red communists’ to the core,” writes Oggi journalist Giuseppe Fumagalli, likening the family to “Peppone” after a famous fictional Italian communist mayor who fought against an ultraconservative priest known as Don Cammillo and about which a popular television series is based. “But on the other side of the ocean, it’s like his family here doesn’t exist. Instead he draws crowds as the head of the ultraconservative faction of the Republican party, against divorce, gay marriage, abortion, and immigration.”

On the campaign trail, Santorum often touts his grandfather’s flight from Italy “to escape fascism,” but he has neglected to publicly mention their close ties with the Italian Communist Party.

Commies in the White House?

“When he wins, he will send the American presidential airplane and take all the Santorums to the White House,” Bruno Santorum told the magazine.

Santorum

Just like with Obama and his past friends, this does not make him a communist........And if his mom is, so what?

Santorum's grandfathers in Italy? Thay were communists back in the 30's? You gotta be kidding. Barry Hussein's father was an anti-American jihad drunken bigamist and his mother was a space head hippie.. Does the left care? That's the norm with the democrat party these days.

Santorum's grandfathers in Italy? Thay were communists back in the 30's? You gotta be kidding. Barry Hussein's father was an anti-American jihad drunken bigamist and his mother was a space head hippie.. Does the left care? That's the norm with the democrat party these days.

No, actually I really don't care about either. But you hypocrites are always making such a big deal about Obama's family I wanted to see you defend Santorum's family ties to the Communists.

And you did not disappoint. :eusa_clap:

I don't care about Santorum's family either... I am also not going to focus too much on him because he will be gone soon, unless the Republican Party makes a huge mistake.

Like everything else the radical left subscribes to a double standard for family members of republicans. The left is shocked, I say shocked that Santorum's grandfathers who never set foot in the US were communists but avowed communist Van Jones appointed to Barry's green jobs board seems logical. There was a joke going around in the 30's that there were more communists in FDR's administration then the Kremlin. Watergate investigative reporter Karl Bernstein's parents were card carrying communists who taught him to hate Nixon who was a federal prosecutor. How's that for fair and balanced in the media.

Santorum's grandfathers in Italy? Thay were communists back in the 30's? You gotta be kidding.
Nope!!!

"The matriarch lauds her distant relative as a “masterpiece” of the family, whom she calls a man of high intelligence and integrity. “He would be a great president,” she told Oggi. “But if he wants to make it, he will have to soften some of his positions. To take a stand against homosexuality or to oppose divorce is harmful. Principles count, but in politics one must have the capacity to be open-minded.”

Forum List

Back