Santorum--delegate math--It's impossible for him to win the nomination.

Romney is Obama light.

Since there's really no way of knowing what this guy is actually thinking, it should be fascinating to watch him run in the general. Does he continue to act like a "severe conservative" and continue to lose independents, or does he try to moderate somewhat and risk the Rush fans screaming "See?! I told you so"?

Nasty. The GOP had better hope the economy goes south.

I hope it gets better honestly. And I predict it will as businesses begin to feel confident that Obama is leaving office.

But Im not sure thats going to be enough. Obama's current policies make recovery difficult if not impossible.

Romney is Obama light. In fact, he is worse, because Congress would support him. Even Democrats, due to the liberal tax and spend views Romney holds. Better to have gridlock for four more years.

I understand thats what you think, but Ive really seen no evidence that Romney is a tax and spend liberal. Quite the opposite. He has a record of opposing tax increases and balancing budgets. Romneycare is obviously the one exception which I see as an outlier with the evidence I have before me.

Mike Widmer, president of the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation, tells NPR that Romney raised state revenues more than he cut them. Widmer says most of those 19 tax cuts Romney talks about were pretty modest. Some were weekend sales tax holidays.

"He raised corporate taxes. He also raised fees very dramatically in his first year," said Widmer.

Widmer's foundation is a nonpartisan, nonprofit group that attempts to truth-squad policies that cost taxpayers money. He remembers eight years ago when Romney came into office facing a huge budget deficit.

"He put together a plan which included major spending cuts and significant tax and fee increases, which is the only thing he or any other governor could have really done," said Widmer. "I mean, there's no magic here."

Widmer says Romney didn't raise the state income tax. Instead he raised state fees.

As Governor, Romney Balanced Budget By Hiking Fees | KUNC

Been kicking this around today. Paul is the power broker here. No one wants to give Gingrich anything. So, Santorum and Romney have to get votes somewhere. Romney isn't going to want Santorum as VP. Paul could get the nod.

Youre presuming a brokered convention. Which could happen but isnt guaranteed at this point.

Romney is Obama light. In fact, he is worse, because Congress would support him. Even Democrats, due to the liberal tax and spend views Romney holds. Better to have gridlock for four more years.

I understand thats what you think, but Ive really seen no evidence that Romney is a tax and spend liberal. Quite the opposite. He has a record of opposing tax increases and balancing budgets. Romneycare is obviously the one exception which I see as an outlier with the evidence I have before me.

Mike Widmer, president of the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation, tells NPR that Romney raised state revenues more than he cut them. Widmer says most of those 19 tax cuts Romney talks about were pretty modest. Some were weekend sales tax holidays.

"He raised corporate taxes. He also raised fees very dramatically in his first year," said Widmer.

Widmer's foundation is a nonpartisan, nonprofit group that attempts to truth-squad policies that cost taxpayers money. He remembers eight years ago when Romney came into office facing a huge budget deficit.

"He put together a plan which included major spending cuts and significant tax and fee increases, which is the only thing he or any other governor could have really done," said Widmer. "I mean, there's no magic here."

Widmer says Romney didn't raise the state income tax. Instead he raised state fees.

As Governor, Romney Balanced Budget By Hiking Fees | KUNC

Fees arent taxes. Never were and never will be.

Also, forgive me but has Oreo addressed the current position he/she has on Newt? I find it odd that Oreo is here saying Santorum cant win the nomination, but isnt saying anything about Newt who has less. Is Oreo saying that Romney is the nominee now and we should all be supporting him now or what?

We don't have to tolerate this shit. But as long as they have us divided we're screwed.
I don't think we'll be unscrewed very soon. The liberals will never trust in there fellow citizen.
They are joined at the hip with the creeps in DC and downward.

It's all shit.. and shit runs down hill.

No one’s ‘divided’ you – you’ve only divided yourselves.

Nasty. The GOP had better hope the economy goes south.

Why would the GOP want their fellow Americans to continue to suffer – every American should want to see the economy continue to improve; it would be unpatriotic to wish otherwise.

Been kicking this around today. Paul is the power broker here. No one wants to give Gingrich anything. So, Santorum and Romney have to get votes somewhere. Romney isn't going to want Santorum as VP. Paul could get the nod.

Wow. That would be catastrophic.

The First Black President

vs.

A guy who belongs to a cult that calls dark skin a curse from God and a running mate who sent out racist newsletters from his Congressional office.

The GOP needs to stop antagonizing minorities, not finding new ways to piss them off.

Forum List

Back