Santorum/Casey race

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
You know, its almost amusing watching alot of the Democrats on the internet basically, excuse this crude language, ejaculating prematurely over getting rid of Senator Santorum. From what I've heard so far, Republican turn out around here is high. Which is a great sign for Rick. Ive talked to a number of friends Republicans, moderrates and even some Democrats and none of the ones Ive talked to are voting for Casey. I really dont think Rick is going to lose today.

Of course, I could be wrong. But the reaction by a number of the extreme left is incredibly comical. The votes barely started. and like I said, from what ive heard so far there is high republican turn out. This race is anyones. And they are acting as if its all over. One of them even said Rick couldnt win without huge amounts of voter fraud. Never mind the fact that the only polls that really matter are the ones today in the election booth. The others are just samples. they act like its sealed in fate.

Seriously im expecting Rick to upset them and I cant help but think its going to be amusing to see the reaction.

I do. and i cant wait till my family and I vote for him this evening.

Like i said, from what i hear Republican turnout is high already and most Republicans vote when they are coming home from work. I am excited:) its still anyones election but im still excited:)

not if I have anything to say in it. And I do

You have your one vote for the extremist camp. Luckily, that's all you get. This is last weeks, far as I know it hasn't changed but a smidge

Pennsylvania Senate: Casey (D) 55% Santorum (R) 42%

October 31, 2006
It doesn't look like Republican Senator Rick Santorum will be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat. This race remains in the Democrat’s column for our Senate Balance of Power summary.

The incumbent gained five percentage points of voter support since our October 5 survey of the race, and a further point since October 16. But as undecided and other voters break for one of the major-party candidates, Democrat Bob Casey, Jr. has been gaining as well. Thus Casey still leads Santorum by the same thirteen-point margin, now 55% to 42% (see crosstabs).

Santorum loses almost a fourth of the GOP base and a full 25% of conservatives to Casey, who shares the conservative opposition to abortion and gun control. If newly revived concerns about judicial activism and gay unions are helping struggling Republicans elsewhere, that's not the case in Pennsylvania.

Santorum's campaign recently ran an ad attacking Casey's purported weakness on national defense. A nuclear mushroom cloud figured prominently. On a Fox News Sunday appearance, Santorum said his opponent's stance in support of a "comprehensive" bill on illegal immigration means he's soft on terror. The Senator admitted that by the logic of his argument, many of his Republican colleagues and President Bush himself are soft on terror—at least with respect to immigration policy.

All year long, Santorum has been the most vulnerable Senate incumbent. A turnaround seemed possible in August, when he closed the gap and was just eight points shy of the challenger. But that improvement proved fleeting.

Senator Santorum continues to enjoy a higher "very favorable" rating than his opponent, 27% versus Casey's 16%. But Santorum is also viewed "very unfavorably" by 36%. Casey is viewed so unfavorably by 23%.

President Bush's approval rating is at 43% in Pennsylvania. Fifty-seven percent (57%) disapprove of the job he's doing, including 45% who disapprove strongly.

http://rasmussenreports.com/2006/State Polls/October 2006/PennsylvaniaSenate1028.htm

I dont really care about those polls because the only polls that count are todays. And Ive asked alot of people around here from all political parties and they are in favor of Santorum. so its far from me being the only vote.

Oh, and Rick really isnt that extreme. its you thats extreme.

I dont really care about those polls because the only polls that count are todays. And Ive asked alot of people around here from all political parties and they are in favor of Santorum. so its far from me being the only vote.

Oh, and Rick really isnt that extreme. its you thats extreme.

Yeah... I know, all that science gobbledeegook.... evolution, stem cell research, global warming... polls... yup.. none of that is reliable. It's only reliable if its in the bible, right?

I'm not extreme at all... I've voted across party lines... many times. Have you?

And do read my post again.... I didn't say you were the only vote. Apparently the polls say there are about 40% of you guys. I said you HAVE one vote... and, thankfully, you do.

But if you think I'm an extremist, I figure you don't have very many associates who don't think like you, so I'm not surprised you know only likeminded folk.

Rick's a loony and he can't be gone from power soon enough.

Yeah... I know, all that science gobbledeegook.... evolution, stem cell research, global warming... polls... yup.. none of that is reliable. It's only reliable if its in the bible, right?

I'm not extreme at all... I've voted across party lines... many times. Have you?

And do read my post again.... I didn't say you were the only vote. Apparently the polls say there are about 40% of you guys. I said you HAVE one vote... and, thankfully, you do.

But if you think I'm an extremist, I figure you don't have very many associates who don't think like you, so I'm not surprised you know only likeminded folk.

Its clear from most of the positions you take here that you are extreme in your positions. If you think Rick is extreme than the only possible conclusion is you are so far off the reservation you cant see straight.

And yes i vote across party lines when there is a need. There is no need to with Rick. Rick is far from looney and im sick and tired of you wackos bashing a good man because you dont like his politics.

Polls aren't that reliable. They have no way of knowing if the people they are polling are registered voters, if they will actualy vote on Tuesday, or if they are even telling the truth about who they will vote for. And do they take into account that Republicans and conservatives are probably less likely to participate in a poll?

I am thinking Rick is going to win with a nice margin and Democrats are going to think there is some sort of massive voter fraud because the peoples votes didnt correspond with the polls.

Of course I could be wrong, but like i said ive talked things over with people from lots of different backgrounds. The only support Casey really has is from the rabid Santorum haters. And i just dont think hating the opposition is a good reason to vote for someone. And i think most of the State agrees with me. There is no doubt that Santorum is far more qualified and consistant than Casey and would do a far better job for the state, especially with his seniority in the Senate.

Casey is just plain incompetant. He isnt even really running a campaign. he expects to be elected because of his father's coatails. I might have voted for the father, but i cant vote for Casey because simple fact, I have no reason to.

So can mere hatred beat Santorum? I dont think so. Its a sad day in politics if it does.

Oh and just so you know jillian. i wasnt planning to vote straight party today anyway. But if you think im going to vote against Santorum or Weldon when they have established years of good service and their opponents have nothing to offer and often outright lie, you are dreaming.

Do you think Barney Frank is a looney? John Conyers? Charlie Rangel? Maxine Waters?

Just want to know if its only Christians and Republicans that are looney in your view.

Do you think Barney Frank is a looney? John Conyers? Charlie Rangel? Maxine Waters?

Just want to know if its only Christians and Republicans that are looney in your view.

There are nutty dems, too. Barney Frank isn't loony, he's just more to the left than I am. Conyers is looney if he thinks there's going to be an impeachment or if he tries to pursue one... and Charlie Rangel... man, he gets up your noses. He's not a loony, he's effective, though I disagree with him on a lot. I wouldn't call most republicans looney either... just your radical fringe.... you know, like Santorum. I'm actually going to be sorry to see Chris Shays go... he's a decent guy.

And I don't have a problem with normal Christians... only the ones who think their beliefs should be our law.

Any other questions? I'm happy to dispell your many misconceptions. :firing:

Now... I've never voted for a dem mayor. How many dems have you voted for?

There are nutty dems, too. Barney Frank isn't loony, he's just more to the left than I am. Conyers is looney if he thinks there's going to be an impeachment or if he tries to pursue one... and Charlie Rangel... man, he gets up your noses. He's not a loony, he's effective, though I disagree with him on a lot. I wouldn't call most republicans looney either... just your radical fringe.... you know, like Santorum. I'm actually going to be sorry to see Chris Shays go... he's a decent guy.

And I don't have a problem with normal Christians... only the ones who think their beliefs should be our law.

Any other questions? I'm happy to dispell your many misconceptions. :firing:

Now... I've never voted for a dem mayor. How many dems have you voted for?

Wouldn't vote for a Dem ever in good conscience. Don't like high taxes, pacifists and antithetical social stances to normal human behavior.

By the way, almost all our laws are rooted in biblical tradition no matter how much you want to deny it.

They just projected Casey the winner. ;)

Bye bye... Santorum :halo:

They also called Menendez over Keane in NJ.

You'll probably get Corker over Ford in Tennessee though... guess racist ads still work down there. Pity that.

i was expecting them to project casey the winner, but id like to see the votes counted first.

They're pretty good at this... they know the precincts that they need.

Oh yeah... and they're projecting Sherrod Brown over DeWine. I still think it's going to be 50/50 with Cheney making the final call in the event of a tie. Just guessing, though.

WASHINGTON - Democrats quickly ate into the six Republican seats they needed to regain control of the Senate as NBC News projected Tuesday night that Democrats had kicked out Republican Sens. Rick Santorum in Pennsylvania and Mike DeWine in Ohio and had held on to a fiercely contested seat in New Jersey.

In elections that Democrats sought to make a referendum on President Bush’s handling of the war, the economy and more, DeWine fell to Rep. Sherrod Brown and Santorum lost to a moderate Democrat who boasted a famous name, Bob Casey Jr., son of the former Pennsylvania governor. Sen. Robert Menendez, D-N.J., meanwhile, overcame a fierce challenge from Republican Tom Kean Jr. in a race that had been considered a toss-up.

They were three of 33 Senate seats up for grabs, in addition to all 435 House seats, in elections shadowed by what exit polling data indicated was sharp disapproval of the president’s performance and the war.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15603424/

you kidding? They suck at this. They get things wrong every election.

Im fairly confident with 1% of the precincts counted that its too early to count Santorum out.

I said prettty good... not perfect. You can wait for the concession speech if you'd like. Nothing wrong with that.

They just projected Cardin (D) over Steele (R) in Maryland.

Seat number 3....

Again... I don't expect us to take the Senate, though it would be interesting. It looks like Allen might win in VA... but we'll see...

*Edit* Chafee (R) just lost to Whitehouse (D) in RI. That one's actually a pity... I liked Chafee.

It looks like the House is going to change hands as expected.

Either way, it was a huge turn out. I like that.... everyone doing their part.

John Yarmuth (D) unseated Anne Northrup (R) in Kentucky
Hostettler (R) got unseated by Ellsworth (D) in Indiana.

And Blackwell deservedly lost in Ohio... way to go O-H-I-O!

Forum List

Back