Santorum and Gingrich need to gracefully end their candidacy's

I think Santorum needs to fight to the end as it would help Obama.

No.... what will help Obama is for only Romney to be running.

But only so he can focus all his bullshit attack ads on one candidate.

Obama is going to get his ass handed to him next November.

I think Romney should simply focus on Obama. That's what the base wants. He starts running ads against Obama in any states under contention and it will change perception of the race. People will start thinking of him as the nominee.

Not to mention, I think he gets better than longer he is campaigning. He gets more free publicity because they media cant ignore the races.

Why do you think Obama did so well in 08? The race between him and Hillary had all the medias focus and McCain was getting no press.

Not only that, it will unify the Republicans because those who are claiming they had no choice with Romney can't make that argument if the race goes on longer and they are presented with a choice. If people feel like they have no choice, they will be much more likely to be stubborn and break ranks. If they feel they had a choice, but simply lost, they will be much more likely to go along with the vote.

I agree. I think Romney should start dog piling money into slamming Obama and ignore the other GOP candidates. They're just fleas... he's the dog.

So somehow the Republicans in the party were forced to vote for him?

Vote?

Who needs a vote when not all of them count.

Romney declared winner in Iowa and then OOOOPS! Actually, that was Santorum. Maine caucus? Well, you know, just not everyones votes counts. To name a few examples of how the media and the king makers are MAKING this primary instead of voters.

Romney was the crowned candidate right from the gate. So it isn't a fair game at all.

Both Romney and Santorum got the same amount of delegates from Iowa. Regardless of what order they are placed, they were tied. And it was a close race. The Maine caucus the only other thing you are going to even attempt to point to? Because no one forced them to support Romney.

The narrative was set coming out of Iowa as Romney the winner. Moving on to Maine, we dont even know if Romney would have won the state. All the districts were not included and got ripped off on their votes. That's the whole point. They saw Romney winning and apparently pulled the plug on it and walked away.

Then there is the same shit in Alaska over Paul vs. Romney and this Randy R. corrupt character.

It doesn't matter. I'm simply saying that this race by MSM standard and GOP elite is been about Romney from the very start.

That's not the narrative I remember. The narrative I remember is Santorum surging into second, where no one save a few expected him to be. The media was trying to completely downplay Romney and claim that since it wasn't a "huge" victory he was the loser that night and he is a weak candidate.

In fact, some of the Polls even had Santorum surging in New Hampshire before Romney took it the following week. The polls ended up being wrong.

To claim Santorum had no momentum and that Romney had it all coming out of Iowa is pure revisionist poppycock.

I'm sorry you weren't paying attention. The way i remember it,, all I eyes were on Romney going in, he preemptively won according to the media and then two weeks later the oops, santorum won came into play for a brief moment.

I'm sorry you weren't paying attention. The way i remember it,, all I eyes were on Romney going in, he preemptively won according to the media and then two weeks later the oops, santorum won came into play for a brief moment.

Yep, this. The narrative was that Romney was unstoppable coming out of Iowa. New Hampshire was seen as a done deal and Gingrich was advocating him dropping out not long after South Carolina. Heck, people were pushing for him to drop out before South Carolina.

By the time they announced he'd actually won Iowa all opportunities to capitalize on that were practically gone.

No one needs to bow out. Let the race continue. Let people have their choice. Romney has nothing to lose with a longer campaign season. Quite the opposite.

I agree and hope they all keep on swinging.

Shit. Hilary and Barry took it to the wire in 2008.

Why shouldn't Santorum, Gingrich and Romney??

Because the convention for some unknown reason is in August. That would leave all of just over two months for the Nominee to go after Obama 1 on 1. The GOP screwed the pooch on this nomination process, they set it up to last awhile and boy were they ever successful. Putting the convention in August was just dumb, it's like they didn't even consider a brokered convention to be a possibility.

Chances are it won't come to that, but it very well could if the delusional Santorum and Gingrich don't step back and look at the big picture.

No one needs to bow out. Let the race continue. Let people have their choice. Romney has nothing to lose with a longer campaign season. Quite the opposite.

The longer the GOP candidates slug away at each other, the more unpopular they become with the general electorate. This needs to end.

Gingrich, at the very least, needs to bow out. He was done before Florida and he knew it. He's just staying in to be a dick.

With Ginrich out, a lot of his votes will swing to Santorum. It would be interesting to see how Santorum would match up one-on-one against Romney.

Romney was crowned long before the primary. Paul, newt adn ricky should all just accept that this isn't a contest based on fair play. The king makers already crowned someone.

The GOP Establishment blessed Romney with a shit-ton more cash than the rest put together.

Vote?

Who needs a vote when not all of them count.

Romney declared winner in Iowa and then OOOOPS! Actually, that was Santorum. Maine caucus? Well, you know, just not everyones votes counts. To name a few examples of how the media and the king makers are MAKING this primary instead of voters.

Romney was the crowned candidate right from the gate
. So it isn't a fair game at all.

I tend to agree with ya on this.

The Repubic elites are in the bag for Romney big time.

Only because the gravy train will continue under his leadership.

The Establishment is not so much backing Romney as opposing Gingrich and Santorum.

With Ginrich out, a lot of his votes will swing to Santorum. It would be interesting to see how Santorum would match up one-on-one against Romney.

He'd lose. Romney's cash advantage lets him buy victories. See Ohio. Thanks Citizen's United!

In a somewhat balanced field Santorum or Newt would have clobbered Romney. But thanks to the. Restricted Super PAC's Romney will be the GOP candidate. The problem is that Obama has just as large a stack of cash (thanks again United!) so every dollar spent here on his GOP candidates is one less dollar he'll have to fight an equally well funded and equally well organized Obama.

Romney was crowned long before the primary. Paul, newt adn ricky should all just accept that this isn't a contest based on fair play. The king makers already crowned someone.

The GOP Establishment blessed Romney with a shit-ton more cash than the rest put together.

So the Establishment forces people to donate to Romney?

Forum List

Back