Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

Translation: you know you lost.

What's "depressing" about it?

Consider an analogy. Tigers are dangerous animals. There's nothing depressing about that. it's just a fact that you have to consider whenever you have any dealings with tigers. The same goes for government. Of course, those who want to keep tigers as house pets and those who want to use government to solve every social problem find the facts "depressing."

Translate it however you like, it's pointless arguing your contention when your starting point is that it's an immutable fact.

It's far from pointless. Just show it's not a fact. Provide some example of government doing something that doesn't require the use of force.

Apparently you are concede my claim that everything government does is based on compulsion. You just find it "depressing."

OK then, against my better judgement...the government appoints and funds any number of advisory boards and committees to carry out investigations or provide information to industry, private individuals or the government itself.
These are provided for the common good of the citizens.

Translate it however you like, it's pointless arguing your contention when your starting point is that it's an immutable fact.

It's far from pointless. Just show it's not a fact. Provide some example of government doing something that doesn't require the use of force.

Apparently you are concede my claim that everything government does is based on compulsion. You just find it "depressing."

OK then, against my better judgement...the government appoints and funds any number of advisory boards and committees to carry out investigations or provide information to industry, private individuals or the government itself.

All funding is obtained through force.

Try again.

Could this nutjob stoop any lower? Now Obama is a snob for wanting kids to go to college?

Rick Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Hubris' And 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

The most animated exchange of former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum's Saturday morning event in Manchester, N.H. came when he called out President Obama for his "hubris" and "snobbery" for proclaiming that all U.S. children should get a college education.

I was so outraged by the president of the United States for standing up and saying every child in America should go to college. Well who are you? Who are you to say that every child in America should [go to college]? I mean, the hubris of this president to think that he knows what's best.
I have seven kids. Maybe they will all go to college. But if one of my kids wants to go and be an auto-mechanic, good for him. That's a good paying job: using your hands, using your mind. This is the kind of snobbery that we see from those who think they know how to run our lives. Rise up America, defend your own freedoms. And overthrow these folks who think they know how to orchestrate every aspect of your lives.

Hell I think it would be best that all kids went to college, or at least had the chance to. But forcing them to apply? Come on.

All funding is obtained through force.

Try again.

No it isn't.
Have you not heard of Treasury Bonds?
You'll have to do better than that.

Norway and North Korea? That's the system the President would like to see? Are you calling the President a Marxist? Tsk, tsk.

It's interesting to see the Obamabots rebuttals here. It's either "College for All" is a terrific idea, and anyone who disagrees is a stupid, racist, nutjob. Or: Obama does not want that, and anyone who says so is a stupid, racist, nutjob.

Or: We need to be more like North Korea.

USMB can be so entertaining.

No, on the evidence to date, I'd say that anyone that says the president is calling for college for everyone is a stupid nutjob.
Ill take it back if someone can show me a quote otherwise.

You are quite the stubborn one. Here is an article from Inside Higher Ed.
President Obama issued a powerful challenge to his own administration and to individual citizens Tuesday night, calling on every American to "commit" to attending at least one year of college so that the country can reclaim its mantle as the best educated nation in the world.

"[W]e will provide the support necessary for you to complete college and meet a new goal: by 2020, America will once again have the highest proportion of college graduates in the world," the president said in his first speech to a joint session of Congress.

"But whatever the training may be, every American will need to get more than a high school diploma," he continued.

The other part of the equation is impressing on individual citizens the importance of getting an education and making clear that going to college is not only possible, but necessary.

And on that score, Hartle said, "it's hard to imagine a more forceful argument" than Obama made Tuesday.

Read more: College for All | Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed

Here's the actual quote...
But just as it is the responsibility of politicians and educators to provide opportunity and to make the education system work, Obama said, "it is the responsibility of every citizen to participate in it. And so tonight, I ask every American to commit to at least one year or more of higher education or career training. This can be community college or a four-year school; vocational training or an apprenticeship.

Read more: College for All | Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed

You really are a FOOL,President Obama just wants the American Youth to attain the Best Education they can,and there is NO SNOBBERY IN THAT,anyway you shall have to improve if you want to keep up with the Chinese etc,.

Your the sort of nego(negative individual)that had you been around to see Jesus Walk On Water.......YOU WOULD HAVE REPORTED "THAT JESUS COULDN'T SWIM":cuckoo:

I find it irritating that so many Americans think that they know it all and President Obama is some sort of IDIOT.......but the IDIOTS Are Guys Like You.............KEEP YOUR VIPEROUS THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF:eusa_hand:I've seen and heard enough from dumb asses like you...

I"m theliq and I kick Jack-Ass asses big time because I can and DO:evil:

Unless you've never uttered a negative word concerning Bush's intelligence you can STFU with your bullshit demands.

:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back