Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h_pp8CHEQ0]Mike Rowe Speaks To Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee [05-11-11] - YouTube[/ame]

I never really paid the slightest attention to Santorum but the more I see him the more his personality creeps me the hell out. To think this man has any kind of political following makes my skin crawl.

Situations like this proves one thing. NO matter what Obama says, the right will always say he is wrong. NO MATTER WHAT HE SAYS.

You have the cart before the horse. Everything Obama says is wrong because he's a Marxist imbecile.

The right will continue to point that out.

Could this nutjob stoop any lower? Now Obama is a snob for wanting kids to go to college?

I can't imagine that proclaiming kids shouldn't aspire to go to college would be a winning political strategy.

Nobody proclaimed that...

Well, then its probably not a good idea for slamming the President for suggesting such.

There sure is a lot of butthurt in this thread BTW...

Could this nutjob stoop any lower? Now Obama is a snob for wanting kids to go to college?

Rick Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Hubris' And 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

The most animated exchange of former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum's Saturday morning event in Manchester, N.H. came when he called out President Obama for his "hubris" and "snobbery" for proclaiming that all U.S. children should get a college education.

I was so outraged by the president of the United States for standing up and saying every child in America should go to college. Well who are you? Who are you to say that every child in America should [go to college]? I mean, the hubris of this president to think that he knows what's best.
I have seven kids. Maybe they will all go to college. But if one of my kids wants to go and be an auto-mechanic, good for him. That's a good paying job: using your hands, using your mind. This is the kind of snobbery that we see from those who think they know how to run our lives. Rise up America, defend your own freedoms. And overthrow these folks who think they know how to orchestrate every aspect of your lives.

College is jack shit. University on the other hand gives you a ticket. But thats a whole different ball game and we can talk about that later.

Being really honest here. I have a son who for the life of him will never be able to recite the names of all the Presidents or all the Prime Ministers. My darling Ryan. Just not built that way.
BUT he can rock your socks off in being the best sound man for any band. He's wired differently.
I love it.

Some kids are meant to be DJ's. Some kids are meant like my darling Danielle to be the hot ticket working a night club. Not every kid is supposed to be a graduate of dip shit school and go to college.

But they are still wonderous, make a living, and make me proud. Because they are happy.

Educating yourself and college don't always have to be the same thing.

We're discussing college here, dipshit, not educating yourself.

tumblr_lvrp8bU9AV1qibz0jo1_500.png

Rick Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Hubris' And 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

The most animated exchange of former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum's Saturday morning event in Manchester, N.H. came when he called out President Obama for his "hubris" and "snobbery" for proclaiming that all U.S. children should get a college education.

College is jack shit. University on the other hand gives you a ticket. But thats a whole different ball game and we can talk about that later.

Being really honest here. I have a son who for the life of him will never be able to recite the names of all the Presidents or all the Prime Ministers. My darling Ryan. Just not built that way.
BUT he can rock your socks off in being the best sound man for any band. He's wired differently.
I love it.

Some kids are meant to be DJ's. Some kids are meant like my darling Danielle to be the hot ticket working a night club. Not every kid is supposed to be a graduate of dip shit school and go to college.

But they are still wonderous, make a living, and make me proud. Because they are happy.

So because your kids aren't wired that way, everybody else's child who is geared to be capable of advancing our technology, knowledge, pave the way into the future goes to "dip-shit" school?

Obama's step dad worked for big oil.

Lolo was the dude that was the P relations with Exxon Mobile.

Obama was never a street kid. He always had a silver spoon in his mouth.

OMG - Can you believe these right wing radicals at Harvard? A bunch of Santorum freaks I imagine. :eek:

The U.S. is focusing too much attention on helping students pursue four-year college degrees, when two-year and occupational programs may better prepare them for the job market, a Harvard University report said.

The “college for all” movement has produced only incremental gains as other nations leapfrog the United States, and the country is failing to prepare millions of young people to become employable adults, said the authors of the Pathways to Prosperity Project, based at the Harvard Graduate School of Education in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Four Years of College Isn't for Everyone, Harvard Study Says - Bloomberg
“For an awful lot of bored, disengaged kids who are on the fence about completing high school, they need to see a pathway that leads them to a career that is not going to require them to sit in classrooms for the next several years,” Schwartz said yesterday in a telephone interview."
Whatta convenient way to eliminate any-and-all competition, for the 1%ers' kids.​

I can't imagine that proclaiming kids shouldn't aspire to go to college would be a winning political strategy.

Nobody proclaimed that...

Well, then its probably not a good idea for slamming the President for suggesting such.
That's not what he said... It's a creative twist on it, so I'll give u that...

There sure is a lot of butthurt in this thread BTW...
That's a theme at USMB...

Just sayin'...

This is a ridiculous argument, of course the GOP represents the elite – it’s been that way since the Gilded Age. Republicans have worn the Patrician mantle for well over a century.

OMG - Can you believe these right wing radicals at Harvard? A bunch of Santorum freaks I imagine. :eek:

The U.S. is focusing too much attention on helping students pursue four-year college degrees, when two-year and occupational programs may better prepare them for the job market, a Harvard University report said.

The “college for all” movement has produced only incremental gains as other nations leapfrog the United States, and the country is failing to prepare millions of young people to become employable adults, said the authors of the Pathways to Prosperity Project, based at the Harvard Graduate School of Education in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Four Years of College Isn't for Everyone, Harvard Study Says - Bloomberg
Exactly. College isn't for everyone. Trade schools exist for a reason...
Yeah......it teaches those kids (with parents of lesser-mean$) to settle.​

This is a ridiculous argument, of course the GOP represents the elite – it’s been that way since the Gilded Age. Republicans have worn the Patrician mantle for well over a century.

Do you want me to put you thru the wall sooner or later?

In my stack of stuff, I know where every D and R stand financially and how to nail them.

Your choice.

And trust me, I've got it all.

Forum List

Back