Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

That's a bank vice president in Hawaii.......not exactly a fast track to fame and fortune

As opposed to having a daddy who was Vice President and President. Talk about elitist

Oh puhleeze. You have a long row to how to claim a bank president is part of the working class. Bank presidents are exactly the kind of people all those OWS were protesting about.

An auto mechanic can learn his trade from hands on experience or from technical schools or from college. The point is, Santorum was the one being elitist by insinuating auto mechanics are uneducated.

How many auto mechanics do you know with a college education?

Or learned it from other sources?

An auto mechanic can learn his trade from hands on experience or from technical schools or from college. The point is, Santorum was the one being elitist by insinuating auto mechanics are uneducated.

*No Shit*

And that isn't what he was stating...dipstick.

Really?

"I have seven kids. Maybe they will all go to college. But if one of my kids wants to go and be an auto-mechanic, good for him. "

You think Santorum was saying one of his kids would go to college AND be an auto mechanic?

Could this nutjob stoop any lower? Now Obama is a snob for wanting kids to go to college?

Rick Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Hubris' And 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

The most animated exchange of former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum's Saturday morning event in Manchester, N.H. came when he called out President Obama for his "hubris" and "snobbery" for proclaiming that all U.S. children should get a college education.

I was so outraged by the president of the United States for standing up and saying every child in America should go to college. Well who are you? Who are you to say that every child in America should [go to college]? I mean, the hubris of this president to think that he knows what's best.
I have seven kids. Maybe they will all go to college. But if one of my kids wants to go and be an auto-mechanic, good for him. That's a good paying job: using your hands, using your mind. This is the kind of snobbery that we see from those who think they know how to run our lives. Rise up America, defend your own freedoms. And overthrow these folks who think they know how to orchestrate every aspect of your lives.

I can't imagine that proclaiming kids shouldn't aspire to go to college would be a winning political strategy.

Do you honestly think the people who fix the best cars in the world learned that from their local car shop?

Could this nutjob stoop any lower? Now Obama is a snob for wanting kids to go to college?

Rick Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Hubris' And 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

The most animated exchange of former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum's Saturday morning event in Manchester, N.H. came when he called out President Obama for his "hubris" and "snobbery" for proclaiming that all U.S. children should get a college education.

I can't imagine that proclaiming kids shouldn't aspire to go to college would be a winning political strategy.

Nobody proclaimed that...

Do you honestly think the people who fix the best cars in the world learned that from their local car shop?

F-1 mechanics generally have degrees in mechanical engineering. Imagine that.

Trade school is not college....

President Obama has touted "College for All". Opportunity and outcome are two completely different goals. I agree with Santorum. We need plumbers and -gasp- ditch diggers too. There is no shame in that. What would be shameful is if those fast food workers were strapped with outrageous student debt.

The false promises mad by the academic elitists disgusts me. We already have millions of underemployed college grads who have been bamboozled drowning in debt.

I support the opportunity for everyone to go, but I also know that college is NOT meant for everyone (indeed most people aren't really equipped properly for it). There is no shame in it.
Yeah......

....for the folks running-the-show.

And, it's.....

....$oooooooooooooooooooooo profitable....

.....for those 1%ers who've learned to inve$t in that show.​

Last edited:
President Obama has touted "College for All". Opportunity and outcome are two completely different goals. I agree with Santorum. We need plumbers and -gasp- ditch diggers too. There is no shame in that. What would be shameful is if those fast food workers were strapped with outrageous student debt.

The false promises mad by the academic elitists disgusts me. We already have millions of underemployed college grads who have been bamboozled drowning in debt.

I support the opportunity for everyone to go, but I also know that college is NOT meant for everyone (indeed most people aren't really equipped properly for it). There is no shame in it.
Yeah......

....for the folks running-the-show.​

Educating yourself and college don't always have to be the same thing.

I never really paid the slightest attention to Santorum but the more I see him the more his personality creeps me the hell out. To think this man has any kind of political following makes my skin crawl.

Situations like this proves one thing. NO matter what Obama says, the right will always say he is wrong. NO MATTER WHAT HE SAYS.

Obama IS ahn elitist snob. He's been handed everything in his life.

He has never worked a DAY in his life.

I see nothing wrong with what Santorum supposedly stated.

Obama was raised by a single mother and worked his way up to be president

Now candidates like George Bush and Mitt Romney ARE elitist snobs who went to prep schools and had political connections

He was actually raised by two very well off grandparents in Hawaii. His grandmother was a bank VP. He went private schools. If he worked his way up, WHERE did he work?

*No Shit*

And that isn't what he was stating...dipstick.

Really?

"I have seven kids. Maybe they will all go to college. But if one of my kids wants to go and be an auto-mechanic, good for him. "

You think Santorum was saying one of his kids would go to college AND be an auto mechanic?
How much do you want to be all seven of his kids go to college and if one says he doesnt want to, he will be brow beaten until submission to college.

I never really paid the slightest attention to Santorum but the more I see him the more his personality creeps me the hell out. To think this man has any kind of political following makes my skin crawl.

Situations like this proves one thing. NO matter what Obama says, the right will always say he is wrong. NO MATTER WHAT HE SAYS.

You just became aware of the two way street?

Yeah......

....for the folks running-the-show.​

Educating yourself and college don't always have to be the same thing.

......And, the fewer people competing/voting in this Country, is another o' those Gift$ From GOD, right?

Yeah......how far we've come......since it was illegal to teach slaves to read-and-write.​

Forum List

Back