Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
Could this nutjob stoop any lower? Now Obama is a snob for wanting kids to go to college?

Rick Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Hubris' And 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

The most animated exchange of former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum's Saturday morning event in Manchester, N.H. came when he called out President Obama for his "hubris" and "snobbery" for proclaiming that all U.S. children should get a college education.

I was so outraged by the president of the United States for standing up and saying every child in America should go to college. Well who are you? Who are you to say that every child in America should [go to college]? I mean, the hubris of this president to think that he knows what's best.
I have seven kids. Maybe they will all go to college. But if one of my kids wants to go and be an auto-mechanic, good for him. That's a good paying job: using your hands, using your mind. This is the kind of snobbery that we see from those who think they know how to run our lives. Rise up America, defend your own freedoms. And overthrow these folks who think they know how to orchestrate every aspect of your lives.

• Banned
Does 100% of the population need to attend college?

I believe what Obama said was that all kids should have the OPPORTUNITY to attend college; but even if he did say that all kids should attend college, would that really be such a bad thing to strive for? Good grief, this couintry is in deep trouble.

Could this nutjob stoop any lower? Now Obama is a snob for wanting kids to go to college?

Rick Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Hubris' And 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

The most animated exchange of former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum's Saturday morning event in Manchester, N.H. came when he called out President Obama for his "hubris" and "snobbery" for proclaiming that all U.S. children should get a college education.

I was so outraged by the president of the United States for standing up and saying every child in America should go to college. Well who are you? Who are you to say that every child in America should [go to college]? I mean, the hubris of this president to think that he knows what's best.
I have seven kids. Maybe they will all go to college. But if one of my kids wants to go and be an auto-mechanic, good for him. That's a good paying job: using your hands, using your mind. This is the kind of snobbery that we see from those who think they know how to run our lives. Rise up America, defend your own freedoms. And overthrow these folks who think they know how to orchestrate every aspect of your lives.

ALL asswipe.. ALL

• Banned

ALL asswipe.. ALL

And if he said 'some', you and Santorum would be calling it class warfare.

Last edited:
I never really paid the slightest attention to Santorum but the more I see him the more his personality creeps me the hell out. To think this man has any kind of political following makes my skin crawl.

• Banned
I never really paid the slightest attention to Santorum but the more I see him the more his personality creeps me the hell out. To think this man has any kind of political following makes my skin crawl.

Yeah, he is a serious creep. Like scary creepy.

i definitely want my 7yo to go to college. i bet most parents want the same. i wonder what people would say if a president said something like...

"well, not everybody needs to have the opportunity to go to college."

The only time everyone has the "opportunity" to go to college is the day they are born. It's either up or downhill after that. It is not only a mistake, but downright cruel to lead every kid on to imagine they will go to college when it's obvious they won't or can't. If we just restored dignity and integrity to working, whether it's a field hand or nuclear physicist we'd have better and happier people.

The numbers of people sitting on their ass complaining that they aren't doctors or dancers, or singers so they aren't lowering their sights is legion. Not that these individuals would ever take a science course or practice 10 hours a day. They are much to busy for that.

The only time everyone has the "opportunity" to go to college is the day they are born. It's either up or downhill after that. It is not only a mistake, but downright cruel to lead every kid on to imagine they will go to college when it's obvious they won't or can't. If we just restored dignity and integrity to working, whether it's a field hand or nuclear physicist we'd have better and happier people.

The numbers of people sitting on their ass complaining that they aren't doctors or dancers, or singers so they aren't lowering their sights is legion. Not that these individuals would ever take a science course or practice 10 hours a day. They are much to busy for that.

Science isn't for everyone. It's a very VERY difficult profession and physics in particular is an incredibly specialized degree.

President Obama has touted "College for All". Opportunity and outcome are two completely different goals. I agree with Santorum. We need plumbers and -gasp- ditch diggers too. There is no shame in that. What would be shameful is if those fast food workers were strapped with outrageous student debt.

The false promises mad by the academic elitists disgusts me. We already have millions of underemployed college grads who have been bamboozled drowning in debt.

President Obama has touted "College for All". Opportunity and outcome are two completely different goals. I agree with Santorum. We need plumbers and -gasp- ditch diggers too. There is no shame in that. What would be shameful is if those fast food workers were strapped with outrageous student debt.

The false promises mad by the academic elitists disgusts me. We already have millions of underemployed college grads who have been bamboozled drowning in debt.
ALL make for a decent society as they persue thier dreams.

College degree isn't all what it's cracked up to be.

it's just a chance to pretend that your shit doesn't stink.

Obama IS ahn elitist snob. He's been handed everything in his life.

He has never worked a DAY in his life.

I see nothing wrong with what Santorum supposedly stated.

Obama was raised by a single mother and worked his way up to be president

Now candidates like George Bush and Mitt Romney ARE elitist snobs who went to prep schools and had political connections

I support the opportunity for everyone to go, but I also know that college is NOT meant for everyone (indeed most people aren't really equipped properly for it). There is no shame in it.

Forum List

Back