Santa Loves All Children - Even ginger ones

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
LONDON (Reuters) - An ad for a TV dating show has been banned for suggesting that redheads are unattractive, Britain's advertising watchdog said on Wednesday.

Virgin Media's newspaper advert for the program "Dating in the Dark" included the text: "How do you spot a ginger in the dark?"

Virgin said the premise of the show was to challenge people's perception of attractiveness and to encourage decisions based on personality as well as looks.

However the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) agreed with three complainants that the ad was likely to cause serious offence and should not be used again.

"We considered the text was likely to be interpreted ... as a statement that reflected a choice between looks and personality ... being a suggestion that people with ginger hair were unattractive," the ASA said in a statement.

"We considered the ad was unlikely to be interpreted to be light-hearted in tone and was instead likely to be seen as prejudicial against people with ginger hair."

Other adverts in the series used to promote the show had included the tagline: "When the lights come on I just hope I haven't been kissing Shrek."

On Tuesday, Britain's biggest retailer Tesco apologized and said it had withdrawn a Christmas card which showed a child with red hair sitting on the lap of Santa Claus under the banner: "Santa loves all kids. Even ginger ones."
There's something wrong with redheads? | Reuters

Personally I think red hair is beautiful, but I have been known to use the expression "as unappreciated as a red-headed stepchild". Any anti-gingerists out there?

GingerKids.png

Santa likes red heads. Santa really likes red heads.
Sit on my lap little girl and tell Santa what you want for Christmas, New years, Easter........

633803607330739140-hotredhead.jpg

Personally I think red hair is beautiful, but I have been known to use the expression "as unappreciated as a red-headed stepchild". Any anti-gingerists out there?
Not me. I'm a red head trapped in a blonde body.

I henna-ed my hair for a few years and I noticed that I was treated differently. As a blonde I can jaywalk anywhere and cars will just slow down and I will be smilingly waved to continue crossing. As a redhead they tried to run me down.

Not me. I'm a red head trapped in a blonde body.

I henna-ed my hair for a few years and I noticed that I was treated differently. As a blonde I can jaywalk anywhere and cars will just slow down and I will be smilingly waved to continue crossing. As a redhead they tried to run me down.

$E_BobBarker+325.jpg

"This is Bob Barker, telling you to help control the redhead population. Have your redheads spayed or neutered."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIotIGFN2oc[/ame]

:eusa_whistle: :lol:

Red on the head like the ?????? on a dog!:lol:

I had a red-headed girl friend that had lots of freckles once for about two hours. We were at this resturant eating and she said she had to go to the potty. Well, an hour later I left without her. Don't know where she went or exactly why. All I said is "You don't sweat much for a fat girl."

Forum List

Back