Santa Fe to Welcome Gay and Lesbian Retirees

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
** I guess Rosie has a place to settle down when she turns into an old fat dyke. **

SANTA FE, N.M. (Reuters) - Gay? Gray? How about Santa Fe?

Construction will begin in a few months in Santa Fe on a retirement and assisted living community for gay and lesbian seniors, developers said.

The project's organizers think the high desert plains and the city's welcoming attitude will turn the northern New Mexico area into a perfect spot for gay and lesbian seniors who want to spend their golden years around others who understand their sexual orientation.

"Ever since gay people started coming out of the closet in the 1970s, they have been talking about what to do when they get old. Well, we're getting older now and the time is right," said Joy Silver, 48, president of RainbowVision Properties, which is set to break ground this spring on 146 condominiums and apartments for sale and rent.

Silver is hoping to complete the $28 million project by 2005.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=5&u=/nm/20040114/od_nm/gay_dc

I wish they would build one of these near me for the 18-25 yr old lesbians. :D

jeez,whats the world coming to? I thought Rosie WAS an OLD FAT DYKE. there goes a nice area of the USA down the crapper. I was hoping that if the gays lived long enough to retire they would take there money and go to france. one can always hope the ship sinks on the way over. I know Rosie can dive, but can the dyke swim??

I thought the dykes were mainly in the Netherlands, not France

Forum List

Back