Santa Claus Faces the Democratic Firing Squad?

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Santa Claus Faces the Democratic Firing Squad?

Republicans learned long ago that they couldn't win elections as long as Democrats played Santa. So, they decided to play Santa by cutting taxes and spending freely while in office. Then when Democrats were in office they started complaining about the debt.
The article, at the link, tells the story very well.

Op-eds are awesome!
And exactly that; Editorial Opinion with no basis in fact.

Not forgetting that Santa is a mythical person who rides in a sleigh driven by reindeer.

That article is very much based in fact.
An Op-Ed is not an article. But I'll let that pass so as not to make an argument out if it.

Prove it, please,
with real verifiable, neutral sources; not blogs, not he sad-she said crap.

You're smart enough to know exactly what I mean.

:D:D

TIA

Interesting article and, I think, generally accurate, too.

We know the GOP's long range plan...to bankrupt the government such that power is transfered from a democractically elected government to the private capital that the government is theorectically indebted to

That plan was outlined by Grover Norquist a long time ago and the GOP has been about the business of carrying out that plan for the last 40 years.

These people do not hate America, they hate the concept of governments of, by and for the people.

They hate the type of government worldwide, and have been about the business of thwarting the development of REAL democracies as long as I can remember.

Basically the world is in a titanic struggle between FACSISM rule and rule by self determination.

Fascism is winning, by the way, just in case some of you haven't noticed the POLICE STATE that America has ALREADY become.

The FACISTS are even as we speak, about the business of stealing from me and my neighbors our property rights right here in my little town in Maine.

Its really fascinating to watch them go about the business of paying off enough of my cluelesss neighbors so that they have some support in this community.

Basically they're promising the cops, the firemen, and municiple workers (and the famlies that love them) that when their project is complete, there will plenty of petty municipality EMPIRES to build whose purpose will be the guarding their LNG facility.

My little town is basically under assault, right now, today, even as I write this, by a few of the most evil corporations on earth.

I have very little hope for this town as the stakes of this battle amount to billions of dollars in profits to the energy companies.

And I really wouldn't mind except for the fact that these selfish Randian pricks are too fucking cheap to pay us, the owners of the nearby properties for the losses to the value of our properties resulting from their development.

Per usual, the fascist pricks (AKA energy corporatists) plan on offloading the secondary cost of their development (loss of property values and quality of life in the town) onto me and my neighbors, while keeping all the profits of their project for themselves.

Rather typical of corporate bullies.

Last edited:
That article is very much based in fact.
An Op-Ed is not an article. But I'll let that pass so as not to make an argument out if it.

Prove it, please,
with real verifiable, neutral sources; not blogs, not he sad-she said crap.

You're smart enough to know exactly what I mean.

:D:D

TIA

You need evidence Bush II gave us all a tax cut gift? Really?

Mortgage interest tax deduction: A highly regressive $100 billion annual gift to homeowners.

All tax expenditures: An annual $1 trillion gift to taxpayers. What's our annual deficit at these days? Hmmmm...

Kind of makes food stamps and Bush cell phones look pretty weak in comparison.

And the rich have never been given anything by repubs or demos in power, just the mass populace?

What a crock of over flowing shit.

Republicans learned long ago that they couldn't win elections as long as Democrats played Santa. So, they decided to play Santa by cutting taxes and spending freely while in office.

Can you explain how cutting taxes is playing Santa?

Republican Senator Cole just said extending Bush's tax cuts for you is "an early Christmas present". His very words.

I would say taxing you less is certainly a gift from the government.

Letting you deduct a whole pile of money from your taxes each year is a gift, too. You get all kinds of presents on your tax form. Read it some time.

You own a house? You get a gift from Uncle Sam!!!

You don't think that's a gift? Then you won't mind if the government eliminates that deduction, right?

Forum List

Back