Santa Clara At Seattle

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
I can only hope that in our next game we don't have 5 holding penalties in the first half and start those drives with a first and 20.

We will probably lose to the shitty 9ers if we screw up like we did last night in the first half.

Watching Wilson's press conference today after last night's joke game made me physically ill. He kept droning on and on about how all he wants is to "have a chance" at the end of a football game. What a fucking idiot.

Oh well ...the Niners have finally benched Kaepernick and they are going with a new QB. Don't know who it is. Don't care. We have beaten ourselves in all 5 losses after leading in the 4 th qtr in each contest. It doesn't really matter obviously what the other teams do. As long as we keep making stupid bonehead mistakes we will continue to lose. We could even lose to the hapless team from Santa Clara.

Wilson does have a way of putting 'smiley faces' on your losses.

I could put up with Russell's glib christian plus nonsense when we were winning and he was still learning the position at the professional level. He bragged about how hard he was crashing the QB course being the earliest in and the latylatiest out of the film room.

In every game this season Wilson has been slow to "find his rythem" in the first halves. I understand that he has been working with a sub par O-Line and even the once heralded Okung has been playing worse than his old pro bowl level. In fact it was Okung that knocked the ball out of Wilson's grip and into the Hawk's own end zone for the safety. True the O-Line has been the culprit in nearly all of the drive killing holding calls in the first halves this season.

I guess my one biggest gripe about Russell is that he has not really developed as the leader one would expect from the QB position. He seems afraid to tell his fledgling O-Line how it is and to stop making so many idiot mistakes in almost every game's first two quarters. What the O-Lines failures to do their job's effects on the team goes much farther than just sacks. It forces the Defense to play two to three times longer than the opposition so it puts the whole team at a serious disadvantage by the time the fourth quarter rolls around.

Remaining optimistic is just foolish when the same mistakes keep occurring. God is NOT going to get in his O-Line's faces. That is one of Wilson's responsibilities. I don't know if he is scared of losing popularity with the guys in the locker room or with Lynch or whoever he believes should be the team's REAL leader.

Would Brady or Manning or Rodgers be so fucking happy clappy with their O-Lines as Wilson is if they made as many of the same mistakes as the Hawk's O-Line does? Of course not. They would be pissed and direct that anger in the faces of the numb skulls that were crippling the team's chances. Maybe it is Tom Cable that is remiss for not directing Wilson to help keep the O-Line more focused during the games. It is clear to me that until Wilson mans up and starts acting like the field general he is supposed to be then we will continue to lose despite having better athletes on paper. Even the "great" Jimmy Graham has been mailing it in much too often.

Russell Wilson needs to stop trying to praise bad football and become a true leader. Sure he makes a few mistakes but in his position EVERY QB even the great ones makes an errant throw or two. He needs to start demanding better play from his team mates. If he is really the leader of the team he needs to start showing it.

Last edited:
I can only hope that in our next game we don't have 5 holding penalties in the first half and start those drives with a first and 20.

We will probably lose to the shitty 9ers if we screw up like we did last night in the first half.

Watching Wilson's press conference today after last night's joke game made me physically ill. He kept droning on and on about how all he wants is to "have a chance" at the end of a football game. What a fucking idiot.

Oh well ...the Niners have finally benched Kaepernick and they are going with a new QB. Don't know who it is. Don't care. We have beaten ourselves in all 5 losses after leading in the 4 th qtr in each contest. It doesn't really matter obviously what the other teams do. As long as we keep making stupid bonehead mistakes we will continue to lose. We could even lose to the hapless team from Santa Clara.

Are you still thinking that Paul Allen will make Wilson a part owner or whatever you thought they would do for him a couple years ago?

Are you still thinking that Paul Allen will make Wilson a part owner or whatever you thought they would do for him a couple years ago?

No. They gave Russell a fair contract above board. I say a lot of things based on just pure speculation. Wilson isn't John Elway. He says goofier crap than I do. Since we have gotten to know Russell better and seen some of his choices and heard his religious based fantasies I doubt he will become a part owner of the Seahawks.

Wilson probably is sincere in his beliefs. He can at times demonstrate remarkable football skills but that is in spite of his personal choices not because of them.

Being an owner requires a different set of skills than a popular QB.

Fortunately for the Seahawks Wilson's personal choices don't seem to interfere with his ability to play football. But...much of what Wilson says he believes is ridiculous nonsense. An owner needs to be well grounded in reality.

Well the Hawks didn't blow off the first half like they did last weekend.

Tommy Rawls ran for over 200 yrds. Wilson passed for well over 200 yards and a rating of over 138 to go with his three TD passes..no fumbles or ints. There were still too many O-Line penalties especially in the second half.

I think it is becoming clear that Rawls will be able to take over at running back when Lynch retires which could even be sometime later this season.

Tommy Rawls ran for over 200 yrds. Wilson passed for well over 200 yards and a rating of over 138 to go with his three TD passes..no fumbles or ints. There were still too many O-Line penalties especially in the second half.

I think it is becoming clear that Rawls will be able to take over at running back when Lynch retires which could even be sometime later this season.

Lynch is only 29 but has a $4.5 million salary, while Rawls is 22 with $435K salary. I would like to see Seattle go to a tandem backfield with both Lynch and Rawls to either run or block and get some pressure off of Wilson and keep him in the pocket. That would put some serious fear in opposing teams.

Lynch is only 29 but has a $4.5 million salary, while Rawls is 22 with $435K salary. I would like to see Seattle go to a tandem backfield with both Lynch and Rawls to either run or block and get some pressure off of Wilson and keep him in the pocket. That would put some serious fear in opposing teams.

This isn't college ball we are talking about. Yes The Hawks claim they are "a run first" offense. BUT they are mostly a read option offense. What makes the Hawks offense go is that the run feeds off of the threat of a Wilson run. No NFL team can succeed when it is obvious that any play decided upon will be a run or a pass just by the personnel employed.

Although Rawls displayed fantastic running skills yesterday we have to keep in mind that he is 5'9" and around 200 lbs. The Hawks have employed a 250 plus lb fullback when trying to get blocking from the backfield. I'm not yet convinced Rawls could be a great choice as a blocking back.

Forum List

Back