Sandy VS Katrina

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Sandy - Cat1 Hurricane (Tropical storm strength at land fall)
Katrina - Cat5 Hurricane (Cat3 at landfall)

Sandy - Sustained winds 80mph at landfall
Katrina - Sustained winds 125mph at landfall

Sandy - 55 mph winds 170 miles from the center
Katrina - 85 mph winds 120 miles from the center.

you forgot the size of Sandy. over a thousand miles across, merging with two other systems , one of which is a northeaster, only baroclinally enhancing its effects, bringing in a storm that apears to be one in 250 years. Breaking the record of the Long Island Express as well as records of recorded surge in Battery Park - the record of 1821.

Katrina - Major damage in 2 states

Sandy - Major damage in 14 states

Florida, Louisianan, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia were all hard hit by Katrina, it also affected Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, Ohio, New York, Wet Virginia, Pennsylvania and even parts of Canada before it was done. Also, don't forget the the Northeast states are mush smaller in geographical size.

oh... has fauxnews already told you how to make excuses for the fact that this president is going to do so much better a job of disaster relief than baby bush did?

nice.

i love watching the excuse factory as it starts up.

These were two different beasts. Why ANYONE would even think that one is more important than another is beyond me. Do some people here really have a problem with information being provided when any area is being unusually threatened? No matter where it may be, or what it entails?

What the heck is wrong with this picture??

This is beyond sick.

These were two different beasts. Why ANYONE would even think that one is more important than another is beyond me. Do some people here really have a problem with information being provided when any area is being unusually threatened? No matter where it may be, or what it entails?

This is beyond sick.

no. this was the o/p making excuses for baby bush.

oh... has fauxnews already told you how to make excuses for the fact that this president is going to do so much better a job of disaster relief than baby bush did?

nice.

of course he is going to do a "better" job. The election is in a week.

You know it wasn't the wind, it was the flooding. The Big Easy wasted millions of federal dollars and neglected the levees. When they broke they blamed Bush. In Sandy's case it was the ocean that destroyed much of the Jersey shore, Md., Conn and Del. Let's see if they blame Obama.

You know it wasn't the wind, it was the flooding. The Big Easy wasted millions of federal dollars and neglected the levees. When they broke they blamed Bush. In Sandy's case it was the ocean that destroyed much of the Jersey shore, Md., Conn and Del. Let's see if they blame Obama.

Well, they certainly won't blame gays.

Florida, Louisianan, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia were all hard hit by Katrina, it also affected Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, Ohio, New York, Wet Virginia, Pennsylvania and even parts of Canada before it was done. Also, don't forget the the Northeast states are mush smaller in geographical size.

Ohio, By God, and PA were far worse hurt by Hurricane Ike. Trust me, kid, this storm will ultimately prove worse than any of 'em.

nice.

I just listed some facts I pulled from the internet.
I'm not sure why you interpreted them to mean anything other than what they are, facts.
I said nothing about about how anything was being handled, nothing about a president, nothing about FEMA.
Thou dost protest to loudly.

This is beyond sick.

no. this was the o/p making excuses for baby bush.

Kneejerk was your reaction, keep it up, it says a lot more about you than it does about me.

Ohio, By God, and PA were far worse hurt by Hurricane Ike. Trust me, kid, this storm will ultimately prove worse than any of 'em.

Good point. list some facts about those hurricanes, but try and make them better than the mistake you made about Katrina.

All three states, as well as Illinois, Indiana, New York, and New Jersey suffered massive flooding and power outages. The power outages lasted longer than normal because power crews from those states had been sent to Texas.

But even that wasn't as bad as Sandy.

The current average temperature is in the low 40s. If the power goes out, people will die from hypothermia.

Forum List

Back