Sandy victims still suffer, main stream media ignores same

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
Katrina was far worse when it cam to helping those who needed it
and no matter how it was spun there lives had full assistance within days

People are still without power (help) now 4 months later
In NY Bloomberg is going to buy homes destroyed at "fair value" and let them sit empty

Sandy victims left out in the cold during arctic blast | Fox News

The brutal cold snap affecting much of the country is taking a devastating toll on victims of superstorm Sandy, many of whom are camped out in tent cities or living in homes without power, heat or running water.
Those unable to get proper lodging have hunkered down in their homes without the basic necessities of heat, electricity, or running water.
“Many families in Union Beach are using space heaters to warm upstairs,” said Jeanette Van Houten, a resident from the small New Jersey town that was among the hardest-hit communities. “There’s people with no heat, no electric, but they are staying in the house because it’s better than having to deal with FEMA and having to leave hotels every two weeks.
“There are families who have chosen to stay in their homes just to have some sort of normalcy,” she added.

Read more: Sandy victims left out in the cold during arctic blast | Fox News

In NY Bloomberg is going to buy homes destroyed at "fair value" and let them sit empty

The brutal cold snap affecting much of the country is taking a devastating toll on victims of superstorm Sandy, many of whom are camped out in tent cities or living in homes without power, heat or running water.
Those unable to get proper lodging have hunkered down in their homes without the basic necessities of heat, electricity, or running water.
“Many families in Union Beach are using space heaters to warm upstairs,” said Jeanette Van Houten, a resident from the small New Jersey town that was among the hardest-hit communities. “There’s people with no heat, no electric, but they are staying in the house because it’s better than having to deal with FEMA and having to leave hotels every two weeks.
“There are families who have chosen to stay in their homes just to have some sort of normalcy,” she added.

Two questions:
One, where do you get the idea that "main stream media ignores" Sandy? I've seen/heard three news programs in the last two days (NBC, CBS and NPR) and all three of them had Sandy stories.

And Two: how do you figure to claim main stream media is "ignoring" the story -- and then link directly to one?

- and just a p.s. about Katrinites having "full assistance within days" -- we weren't even allowed into the city until October, and I guarantee you when we got there, there was no power to be seen, not even traffic lights. It took a lot longer than "within days". Matter of fact the entire city had to throw out our refrigerators since they had been sitting in the heat for months. Just some perspective.

Last edited:
It's because the media gives Obammy a by on it. If a conservative was in office they'd be screaming to high heaven, showing the poor, suffering children and demanding his head.

Obama, of course, can do no wrong, so it's not important.

I hope those people get all the help they need. I have family up there in Queens and they've been volunteering non-stop for weeks now. They've run out of supplies many times at the shelters they've been working at don't know why people are still short on power.

Two questions:
One, where do you get the idea that "main stream media ignores" Sandy? I've seen/heard three news programs in the last two days (NBC, CBS and NPR) and all three of them had Sandy stories.

And Two: how do you figure to claim main stream media is "ignoring" the story -- and then link directly to one?

- and just a p.s. about Katrinites having "full assistance within days" -- we weren't even allowed into the city until October, and I guarantee you when we got there, there was no power to be seen, not even traffic lights. It took a lot longer than "within days". Matter of fact the entire city had to throw out our refrigerators since they had been sitting in the heat for months. Just some perspective.

Fox News is not main stream
these people were suffering long before yesterday
The election?
Benghazi
all ignored until the last couple of days

Two questions:

The election?
Benghazi

The hell it ain't. NewsCorp is the second-largest media group in the world.

Of course they were suffering long before yesterday, since the storm itself. I don't get how you're missing the news on them. Every media I've seen (I forgot newspaper) has been talking about it. So what's with "ignores"?

Fox is covering it; so is everyone else. ...And?
And again, your Katrina comparison is a false equivalence. It didn't have the cold factor, but it also wasn't "within days". "Within days", 80% of New Orleans was under water.

Didn't think this through real deep, didja?

Last edited:
Two questions:

The election?
Benghazi

Of course they were suffering long before yesterday, since the storm itself. I don't get how you're missing the news on them. Every media I've seen (I forgot newspaper) has been talking about it. So what's with "ignores"?

And again, your Katrina comparison is a false equivalence. It didn't have the cold factor, but it also wasn't "within days". "Within days", 80% of New Orleans was under water.

hmmmm
see if you can find any article on these events as we did with Katrina? how about any from the "main stream media" before 11/06/12?
except of course NJ gov CC thanking BHO for all he had done
And if you think Fox is part of the
NBC
CBS
CNN
CNBC
ABC
Etc
The weather channel
media, then that is fine with me

I was under the impression that all was well

Unlike Katrina with all the issues such as these being reported daily, I would have to agree with you?
Hurricane-Devastated NJ Town Rejects Non-Union Alabama Electrical Workers | Video | TheBlaze.com
of course the blaze is main stream media
snopes.com: Non-Union Help in New Jersey Rejected
how about the snopes?
right up there with CBS huh

No my friend your the on who has not thought this out

The election?
Benghazi

hmmmm
see if you can find any article on these events as we did with Katrina? how about any from the "main stream media" before 11/06/12?
NBC
CBS
CNN
CNBC
ABC
Etc
The weather channel

Unlike Katrina with all the issues such as these being reported daily, I would have to agree with you?
Hurricane-Devastated NJ Town Rejects Non-Union Alabama Electrical Workers | Video | TheBlaze.com
how about the snopes?

Umm... I'm not the one who claimed it was being "ignored" by the MSM, and then proceeded to quote the MSM not-ignoring it. You'll have to prove a negative based on -- well, based on nothing. Rotsa ruck with that.

All of the stories I've seen/heard/read on Sandy this week have been from your list, plus USA Today -- including the same story in your Fox link. Now if you're spending all your time with your nose up Fox Noise's ass (just a guess), then of course your going to miss everybody else's stories, aren't you?

But ostriching them away doesn't make them not exist. They're out there if you want 'em.

Last edited:
Kind of makes you wonder why the Senate is waiting until late Monday to vote on the aid package, it's scheduled for 5:30 pm.

hmmmm
NBC
CBS
CNN
CNBC
ABC
Etc
The weather channel

how about the snopes?

Umm... I'm not the one who claimed it was being "ignored" by the MSM, and then proceeded to quote the MSM not-ignoring it. You'll have to prove a negative based on -- well, based on nothing. Rotsa ruck with that.

All of the stories I've seen/heard/read on Sandy this week have been from your list, plus USA Today -- including the same story in your Fox link. Now if you're spending all your time with your nose up Fox Noise's ass (just a guess), then of course your going to miss everybody else's stories, aren't you?

But ostriching them away doesn't make them not exist. They're out there if you want 'em.

To be honest with you I have no idea the point your trying to make
The main stream media mad Katrina there number 1 story for months
Sandy?
It has been months sense the tragedy
Your trying to defend the media? fine with me bro

I guess for those who are having a hard time keeping up I find it sad that the main stream media has got so out of center, I just thought I would show just how far they have went

Those people have needed help for months
and they get coverage this week?
CBS made up a story on GWB in 04
They cannot even cover the facts on BHO in 2012

hmmmm
NBC
CBS
CNN
CNBC
ABC
Etc
The weather channel

how about the snopes?

To be honest with you I have no idea the point your trying to make
The main stream media mad Katrina there number 1 story for months
Sandy?
It has been months sense the tragedy
Your trying to defend the media? fine with me bro

I made no qualitative judgement about the media; I'm asking where you get the idea that Sandy is "ignored".

Katrina was a bigger story. Not for the storm, which was a minor part of the big picture, but for the flood, which was huge. Sandy has no such side story.

So I'm really not sure what the point of this thread is, as it's not based on anything.

Kind of makes you wonder why the Senate is waiting until late Monday to vote on the aid package, it's scheduled for 5:30 pm.

Aid?
there is one relief bill already been passed
also it should be noted that as with Katrina, those federal programs as well as entities all ready in place when a disaster is declared, well read for your self
these bills are in addition
sandy federal disaster states - Google Search
sandy federal disaster states - Google Search

what most people do not realize is that there are numerous federal assistance programs that ar in place that trigger when these events are mandated as a disaster

They ignore it because it will look bad for obama. As opposed to the suffering from Katrina which they used to make Bush look bad.

It is rally that simple
Disasters such as those take time to un-do
it is just how the press spins it as to how the un educated voter sees it
hence we end up were we are as a country

Katrina was an event GWB not only failed on un-doing, he caused it
Sandy was an event that C Christie mandated BHO fixed along with the concert finishing the trim work
all was well
Yet there are 1000s that are in as bad shape as those weeks after Katrina, an event in which was front page news for months with investigations
katrina investigation on fedral rsponse - Google Search
lets see how sandy is dealt with, with no media coverage other than recently, probably will be forgotten in days again

You're a total fucking idiot. My god you are stupid. Just shut the fuck up. Days after Katrina thousands of people were still stranded in many cases with without food or potable water

Heck they weren't even being allowed OUT of the city only a few days after the storm.

Two questions:

The election?
Benghazi

Fox News is not mainstream? LOL! They're the most popular news channel in the U.S. - BY DEFINITION they are mainstream you fucking idiot!

Two questions:

The election?
Benghazi

Fox News is not mainstream? LOL! They're the most popular news channel in the U.S. - BY DEFINITION they are mainstream you fucking idiot!

Welcome to my ignore list
By definition you are what is destroying this great nation
God Bless

Alright....if I have to.

Let me re-post a little truth, which I initially did in another one on the same topic. Thanks to Dot Com for compiling all my posts.

Boy, FOX doesn't miss a trick, do they? Wonder how much they paid that guy?

In any case, what do you suppose he wants the President to do? Move in with him? Stay home and grieve?

And, of course, Rush has to repeat this weeks talking point:

Sandy Victims Shivering in the Cold? - The Rush Limbaugh Show

And, Shepard Smith includes it on his Facebook page:

How the #Arctic chill is affecting people across the northern US, including crews fighting a massive fire in Chicago. #FoxReport, 7pm ET

https://www.facebook.com/ShepardSmith

Now...this is funny. Here's the same guy on NBC.

He does have heat in one bedroom (temperature 65) and has taken advantage of a couple government relief programs:

"....Although the McGraths’ home received help from the Rapid Repairs program, a first-of-its-kind collaboration between FEMA and local agencies, Scott said the program’s subcontractors had botched the installation work, with leaks springing in the pipes when the boiler was turned on. His brother, a plumber, fixed the problems.

They got electricity earlier, on Christmas Eve. But the work done by Rapid Repairs was “basic,” Scott said, leaving them with few outlets, such as just two in the kitchen."

And, they stayed in their house because FEMA wanted them to put their dog in a shelter.

Family in Sandy-damaged home suffers in deep freeze: 'This is being exposed outdoors' - U.S. News

And, here he is from back in December:

?I Told the President ? That FEMA Was Giving Us The Royal Finger. And He Said, ?FEMA Works For Me.??

Last edited:

Forum List

Back