Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Should crime victims be able to sue gun manufacturers?

• Total voters
Guns are a legal product Joe. You can't sue somebody for selling a legal product just because somebody misused it.

Again, you should check in with the tobacco companies. You should check in with the makers of sudafed when we found out that people could covert it into Crystal Meth and they put restrictions on its sale. Talk to the manufacturers of fertilizers who found their products restricted after a few mutants figured out how to make bombs out of it by mixing it with diesel fuel.

And just how do gun manufacturers intentionally market their product to mentally unstable people? Do they get a mentally unstable people list and send them catalogs of their products? Do they have advertisements in mental wards and clinics?

If you are the kind of person who this ad appeals to, then you are pretty much a sociopath.

2012-12-17-Screenshot20121217at4.33.36PM.png

I know being a gun nut, you probably don't realize how fucking crazy you sound most of the time with you Snuff-fantasies about shooting people you don't like (which pretty much describes half of your and 2AGuy's posts) but frankly, the Gun industry feeds your crazy. And once in a while, a few of you go beyond talk and do something crazy.

Maybe we should hold video game manufacturers responsible too. Lanza loved those violent video games. In fact, that's what probably led to his rampage because he couldn't decipher reality from fiction.

Except Lanza didnt kill anyone with a video game. He killed people with a gun. You see, funny thing. In Japan, they have these SAME GAMES, but they don't have mass shootings. Because they don't let miltiary grade weapons get into the hands of an Adam Lanza.

Idiot.

Nothing we can do would have stopped what happened. If any of those parents think that the way to end their suffering is to take away the rights of others, then they deserve to suffer. Mostly, they are looking to cash in.

Bush Master, which was owned by the Cerberus group, was the ones who were "profiteering" here. They took a weapon designed for a battlefield and sold it to a mentally unstable woman who was unable to control her mentally unstable son. They didn't say, "How do we keep a Nancy Lanza from getting a gun", they saw Nancy Lanza and people like her as a key market.

Only 22% of households own guns. Most of them buy one gun they put in a closet and almost never use. That's not the gun industries key market. Their key market is people who are all scared of darkies and teh government and want more and more guns. The fact most of these people are batshit crazy makes shooting incidents inevitable. But that's who the gun industry markets to.

Guns are a legal product Joe. You can't sue somebody for selling a legal product just because somebody misused it.

Again, you should check in with the tobacco companies. You should check in with the makers of sudafed when we found out that people could covert it into Crystal Meth and they put restrictions on its sale. Talk to the manufacturers of fertilizers who found their products restricted after a few mutants figured out how to make bombs out of it by mixing it with diesel fuel.

And just how do gun manufacturers intentionally market their product to mentally unstable people? Do they get a mentally unstable people list and send them catalogs of their products? Do they have advertisements in mental wards and clinics?

If you are the kind of person who this ad appeals to, then you are pretty much a sociopath.

I know being a gun nut, you probably don't realize how fucking crazy you sound most of the time with you Snuff-fantasies about shooting people you don't like (which pretty much describes half of your and 2AGuy's posts) but frankly, the Gun industry feeds your crazy. And once in a while, a few of you go beyond talk and do something crazy.

Maybe we should hold video game manufacturers responsible too. Lanza loved those violent video games. In fact, that's what probably led to his rampage because he couldn't decipher reality from fiction.

Except Lanza didnt kill anyone with a video game. He killed people with a gun. You see, funny thing. In Japan, they have these SAME GAMES, but they don't have mass shootings. Because they don't let miltiary grade weapons get into the hands of an Adam Lanza.

I'm far from a gun nut. In fact I only have a couple of guns. I am a believer in our constitutional right to protect ourselves. I believe in our ability to overpower evil instead of the other way around the way liberals would have it.

I fail to see where your "ad" would be targeting (no pun intended) mentally unstable people. Why don't you admit you just made that all up? You do that a lot you know.......like saying I have some inclination to shoot people I don't like. WTF did I ever say that?

if anything the families should be suing the school

for falsely claiming that the school was a gun free zone

Dramatize the subject.............try to picture a splat on the ground from a speeder.............and say............See IT'S THE SAME THING......

No the hell it isn't..........

That speeder..................did this.............so that guy in the other car doing the speed limit and stopping for the kids.............you want to TAKE HIS CAR..............because some asshole speed though a school zone and killed children....................

We don't get rid of CARS to solve the problem Mr. Genius.

And we don't really need to. We can and do regulate the use of cars effectively.

We don't regulate the use of guns, which is why you get a Lanza or a Mercer or a Holmes who everyone in their lives knew was batshit crazy but they were able to get a gun, anyway.

Idiot.

Nothing we can do would have stopped what happened. If any of those parents think that the way to end their suffering is to take away the rights of others, then they deserve to suffer. Mostly, they are looking to cash in.

Bush Master, which was owned by the Cerberus group, was the ones who were "profiteering" here. They took a weapon designed for a battlefield and sold it to a mentally unstable woman who was unable to control her mentally unstable son. They didn't say, "How do we keep a Nancy Lanza from getting a gun", they saw Nancy Lanza and people like her as a key market.

Only 22% of households own guns. Most of them buy one gun they put in a closet and almost never use. That's not the gun industries key market. Their key market is people who are all scared of darkies and teh government and want more and more guns. The fact most of these people are batshit crazy makes shooting incidents inevitable. But that's who the gun industry markets to.

Lanza's mother was considered mentally unstable? Have any link to that?

As far as I remember, she was a legal gun owner; bought her guns from gun dealers in a state that has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country.

if

and if you are featured in one these

131218_lowry_pajamaboy.jpg

consider you man card revoked

--LOL

I'm far from a gun nut.

have you taken a look at your avatar lately?

I am a believer in our constitutional right to protect ourselves

From what? Seriously, you gun nuts arm yourselves like the Zombie Apocalypse is about to break out next week, and then you wonder when some member of the club goes off the deep end.

I believe in our ability to overpower evil instead of the other way around the way liberals would have it.

So what evil was Adam Lanza overpowering? I mean, admittably, a preschooler having a meltdown can be pretty unnerving, but I do think your boy Adam overreacted.

I fail to see where your "ad" would be targeting (no pun intended) mentally unstable people. Why don't you admit you just made that all up?

Again, guy, if you think that anyone stable would think his manhood would be restored by owning a battlefield weapon, maybe you should look into your own mental stability.

You do that a lot you know.......like saying I have some inclination to shoot people I don't like. WTF did I ever say that?

Again, have you looked at your avatar lately?

Dramatize the subject.............try to picture a splat on the ground from a speeder.............and say............See IT'S THE SAME THING......

That speeder..................did this.............so that guy in the other car doing the speed limit and stopping for the kids.............you want to TAKE HIS CAR..............because some asshole speed though a school zone and killed children....................

And we don't really need to. We can and do regulate the use of cars effectively.

We don't regulate the use of guns, which is why you get a Lanza or a Mercer or a Holmes who everyone in their lives knew was batshit crazy but they were able to get a gun, anyway.
Your spinnig it..........as always..............you can make the SAFEST CAR IN THE WORLD...........and you still can't control the driver......Your counter point is an abject FAILURE.............

Saying we put safety into guns.........well most guns have a safety.............that doesn't stop it from going to fire and mowing down people when a psycho gets one............just the same as a psycho who runs over 20 kids by doing 80 mph in a school zone....

Your entire argument using this rhetoric is a FAILURE...............

You want to take the guns............you've admitted so in the past.........so you should want to OUTLAW cars by your own arguments.

As far as I remember, she was a legal gun owner; bought her guns from gun dealers in a state that has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country.

Well, she was a prepper... So yeah, she was nuts.

"State with the most restrictive gun laws" is like "Leper with the most fingers"

https://www.atf.gov/file/58686/download

Nope..........We don't have any gun regulations...........Not at all......tell me when you tire the nearly 250 pages there SPARKY.
:poke:

Your spinnig it..........as always..............you can make the SAFEST CAR IN THE WORLD...........and you still can't control the driver......Your counter point is an abject FAILURE.............

I agree. But you can license the driver, strictly police the areas where he can use his car, force him to purchase insurance, subject his vehicle to regular safety inspections and remove it from the road if it isn't safe. Again, if you want to regulate guns the way we regulate cars, I' good with that. Cars are very "Well-Regulated".

"But, but, but, the Founding Slave Rapists said I could have a gun!!"

Saying we put safety into guns.........well most guns have a safety.............that doesn't stop it from going to fire and mowing down people when a psycho gets one............just the same as a psycho who runs over 20 kids by doing 80 mph in a school zone....

Right. So we should make sure a psycho NEVER GETS TO OWN A GUN. But you don't get there if you say that every psycho has a God Given Right to own a gun granted by 200 year old Slave Rapists who shit in Chamber pots and thought they were all that.

I'd have no problem with gun laws like Germany, where there s no "right" to own a gun, but gun ownership is allowed under very strict circumstances. Oh, Germany only had 258 Gun murders compared to our 11,101. They haven't had a mass shooting since 2009. The one previous to that was in the 1980's.

You want to take the guns............you've admitted so in the past.........so you should want to OUTLAW cars by your own arguments.

If the Auto industry acted like the gun industry, I'd consider it.

Idiot.

Remington-Model-40XBR-40-XBR-Stainless-Blued-24%E2%80%9D-Single-Shot-Bolt-Action-Rifle-36X-Leupold-Scope.jpg

Gun control is you having the Bushmaster..........and I have the Remmington 40xbr in the woods..........hunting each other.......

The Bushmaster is only as good as the user............me and my simple gun, bolt action, against your extra rounds...........I'll take the bolt action..............

You want to ban all guns..............you have stated it in the past...........you will not stop at the Bushmaster............you will not stop until any weapons is illegal...

And I'M AGAINST YOU.......and this DUMB ASSED COURT RULING.

I agree. But you can license the driver, strictly police the areas where he can use his car, force him to purchase insurance, subject his vehicle to regular safety inspections and remove it from the road if it isn't safe. Again, if you want to regulate guns the way we regulate cars, I' good with that. Cars are very "Well-Regulated".

"But, but, but, the Founding Slave Rapists said I could have a gun!!"

Right. So we should make sure a psycho NEVER GETS TO OWN A GUN. But you don't get there if you say that every psycho has a God Given Right to own a gun granted by 200 year old Slave Rapists who shit in Chamber pots and thought they were all that.

I'd have no problem with gun laws like Germany, where there s no "right" to own a gun, but gun ownership is allowed under very strict circumstances. Oh, Germany only had 258 Gun murders compared to our 11,101. They haven't had a mass shooting since 2009. The one previous to that was in the 1980's.

If the Auto industry acted like the gun industry, I'd consider it.
Blah blah blah...........

Every nation that has banned guns has used your rhetoric to get FULL REGISTRATION.......because they need to know who's door to kick in to take the guns at a later date.............

Which is your aim.................YOUR GOAL...................Now they use this to SUE THE MANUFACTURERS and open up a legal nightmare that every time anyone gets shot with a gun you sue the gun manufacturers to try to put them out of business.........

Which should make your legs tingle...............not mine...........

Nope..........We don't have any gun regulations...........Not at all......tell me when you tire the nearly 250 pages there SPARKY.

Did you have a point other than the one on the top of your head?

Adam lanza should have never had access to a gun. Period. Maybe when we sue Bushmaster into the poorhouse, they'll chance their ways.
You said we don't have gun regulations..........That post was to call YOU A LYING ASS............

Sum it up for you............

Well, she was a prepper... So yeah, she was nuts.

"State with the most restrictive gun laws" is like "Leper with the most fingers"

An armchair psychiatrist I see. You determined Lanza's mother to be unstable therefore she must have been.

This is a prime example why the public shouldn't be allowed to say who is sane enough to own a gun and who isn't. Lanza may have made stupid decisions, but I would hardly call that unstable. She was separated from her son and couldn't get through to him. The only thing they had in common was the fascination of guns, so she used that in effort to try and connect with him. Patients with his mental condition seldom if ever get violent.

An armchair psychiatrist I see. You determined Lanza's mother to be unstable therefore she must have been.

The woman had 8 guns and thousands of rounds of ammo. She was prepping like the Zombies were coming.

This is a prime example why the public shouldn't be allowed to say who is sane enough to own a gun and who isn't. Lanza may have made stupid decisions, but I would hardly call that unstable. She was separated from her son and couldn't get through to him. The only thing they had in common was the fascination of guns, so she used that in effort to try and connect with him. Patients with his mental condition seldom if ever get violent.

Uh, yeah, somehow stockpiling your house with guns doesn't seem like a good idea when you have a violent anti-social person living there.

Again, have you looked at your avatar lately?

My avatar means I want to shoot people I don't like?

That's the problem with you liberals, you make stuff up in your heads that never existed.

Again, guy, if you think that anyone stable would think his manhood would be restored by owning a battlefield weapon, maybe you should look into your own mental stability.

When did I say that? I asked how this ad was geared towards the mentally unstable? The ad merely promoted power and nothing more.

From what? Seriously, you gun nuts arm yourselves like the Zombie Apocalypse is about to break out next week, and then you wonder when some member of the club goes off the deep end.

From what? From liberals, that's who.

If I go to my convenient store at night, I'm not afraid of some Republican coming in there and holding the place up. Republicans don't do that--Democrats do that.

Or if I go to my ATM at night. I'm not worried about an armed conservative squeezing in between my car and the machine, then demanding I withdraw all my money for him to take. No,no,no, conservatives don't do those types of things--liberals do those types of things.

So you see, the only possible way for us to get rid of guns is if we get rid of liberals first. Since that's not going to happen (Lord knows we've tried) then we need to arm ourselves against liberals. Liberals are violent people you know.........

Forum List

Back