Sandra Bullock is such a class act.

Agreed - she showed a lot of class and good humor in showing up for the Razzies.

If you can't laugh at yourself..............

She won't win tonight btw. But I do like her, she's an "every woman" kind of gal. Guys and Girls both like her.

Guys want to marry her, and Girls want her to be their friend.

She won't win tonight btw. But I do like her, she's an "every woman" kind of gal. Guys and Girls both like her.

Marry her ?? That's a little overboard I think, EZ :lol:

I think she has a good chance to win. I want Jeff Bridges to win for Crazy Heart too but George Clooney is so freaking adorable.

So many good movies this year.

She won't win tonight btw.

What are you smoking? She's won almost every major award. Her only competition is Meryl Streep, who many are tired of seeing win. Sandra's a veteran in the business, and the Academy would be pleased with her win. I really don't think it's a question who will win ANY of the acting awards. Jeff Bridges, Sandra Bullock, Mo'nique, and Christoph Waltz. In fact, the only undecided awards tonight are Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Adapted Screenplay, in my opinion. I'd put money on any of the rest.

Here are my predictions for tonight:

Best Picture: Avatar (might be Hurt Locker, but I doubt it)
Best Director: Kathryn Bigelow (might be James Cameron, but I doubt it)
Best Actor: Jeff Bridges
Best Actress: Sandra Bullock
Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz
Best Supporting Actress: Mo'nique
Best Original Screenplay: Inglourious Basterds
Best Adapted Screenplay: District 9 (may be Up in the Air, and I wouldn't be surprised)
Best Animated Film: Up
Cinematography: Avatar
Editing: Avatar
Art Direction: Avatar
Make Up: Star Trek, because of name recognition alone...not really sure/don't care about this one
Original Score: Up
Original Song: Crazy Heart
Sound Mixing: Avatar
Sound Editing: Avatar
Visual Effects: Avatar
Foreign Language: Das weisse Band

I don't care about the shorts and documentaries enough to make any predictions.

The Oscars are tonight? Is Sandra Bullock in a gay cowboy or Global Warming film? If not, I don't see how she'll win.

Brokeback Mountain lost more Oscars than it won. It only won Adapted Screenplay, Original Score, and Directing. It won none of its acting awards (even though I think Michelle Williams should have won just as much as Rachel Weisz, and I love Rachel Weisz).

Gotta appreciate such a class act.

2.jpg

Hmmm...Hurt Locker won Best Original Screenplay. I'm pretty shocked. The fact the academy gave The Hurt Locker could mean voters gave it as a consolation prize for not voting for it for Best Picture, or because the voters really love the movie and are going to award it with everything it was nominated for.

I'm still surprised Inglourious Basterds didn't win, though.

Good for Sandra Bullock. She's cute.

There are a lot of movies I have heard about tonight that I haven't seen yet. I look forward to seeing them. I didn't see the Jeff Bridges movie. I didn't see any of the movies that were nominated in Sandra's category. And who is Catherine Bigalow? She just won. Never heard of her. What was she in?

Last edited:
Well, I'm surprised and not surprised Avatar didn't win Best Picture. I am surprised because, clearly, it's a monumental film that will change the industry. I'm not surprised because the Academy is extremely worried that movies like Avatar will put their actors out of work.

However, in the spirit of Lord of the Rings, it's not a big surprise either. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring should have won its year, but it didn't because the Academy knew it would be a trilogy. They were waiting to award it in the final film, which they did. Cameron has already announced that Avatar is a trilogy, so he may have shot himself in the foot there. Then again, Cameron doesn't care about awards. He makes movies to make movies.

I've seen The Hurt Locker, and I've seen Avatar. I've seen most of the movies in that category. Of the ones I've seen, The Hurt Locker was probably my least favorite. Up is a much better film. Precious is a much better film. Avatar is a much, much better film. The Hurt Locker was this year's Slumdog Millionaire. It's really that simple.

Well, I'm surprised and not surprised Avatar didn't win Best Picture. I am surprised because, clearly, it's a monumental film that will change the industry. I'm not surprised because the Academy is extremely worried that movies like Avatar will put their actors out of work.

However, in the spirit of Lord of the Rings, it's not a big surprise either. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring should have won its year, but it didn't because the Academy knew it would be a trilogy. They were waiting to award it in the final film, which they did. Cameron has already announced that Avatar is a trilogy, so he may have shot himself in the foot there. Then again, Cameron doesn't care about awards. He makes movies to make movies.

I've seen The Hurt Locker, and I've seen Avatar. I've seen most of the movies in that category. Of the ones I've seen, The Hurt Locker was probably my least favorite. Up is a much better film. Precious is a much better film. Avatar is a much, much better film. The Hurt Locker was this year's Slumdog Millionaire. It's really that simple.

I'll take guns and bombs over hippie smurfs any day.

/haven't seen either one.

Forum List

Back