Sanders Tweets 'How Many Yachts Do Billionaires Need? How Many Cars?

We are looking at the nationwide workers slice of the pie which has diminished. We need to change national policy to help the workers instead of the one percent.

Please explain to us all how hurting the top 1% helps the productivity and value of a worker to his/her employer? Isn't increasing their value to an employee to their employer the responsibility of the worker? Many corporations including Walmart, have extensive training programs to help their workers move up the ladder and earn far more money and self-awareness.

335c634e-9c1c-4ca8-be2f-e65ca04be327_zpsvl0xhqkf.jpg

This is about government policy, not wages

We were sold on supply side economics as a means to boost the economy, with more jobs and higher wages for all. It never materialized....they just kept the money (hence the yachts and fancy cars)

So why do we continue those policies while we cut back on education and healthcare funding?

Again who builds those yachts and Fancy cars?

Who was it , I forget that made a huge mistake and put a huge tax on boat builders ?

The correct answer is: it is none of your business what your neighbor does with his money. If you don't like what he purchases, you are not entitled to take his money.

Mind your own business. And by that I don't mean stay out of his, but I mean get off your lazy behind and take care of your finances.

I agree....Billionaires can spend whatever they want with their money

But then, they can't claim that they can't afford a higher tax rate or to pay higher wages

Very seldom do wages have anything to do with what an employer can afford. Wages have to do with what the labor is worth. If you want to buy a car that costs $25,000, why would you offer the dealership $27,000? That would be stupid.

If an employer had two yachts and an airplane, what does that have to do with paying the guy who cleans the floors and bathrooms at his company $30.00 an hour?
The issue is with employers claiming poverty and asking employees to work harder and accept less pay and benefits while executive compensation goes through the roof
The issue is cutting corporate tax rates in anticipation of trickle down that never happens

The correct answer is: it is none of your business what your neighbor does with his money. If you don't like what he purchases, you are not entitled to take his money.

Mind your own business. And by that I don't mean stay out of his, but I mean get off your lazy behind and take care of your finances.

But then, they can't claim that they can't afford a higher tax rate or to pay higher wages

Billionaires don't pay income tax. We are taxed on the income we make, not the wealth we already have. That's why billionaires generally support tax increases. Because they tax their potential rivals who can accumulate wealth and challenge their power.

If you want to stick to the rich, you should make it easier to accumulate income so new blood can challenge the old guard.

Very seldom do wages have anything to do with what an employer can afford. Wages have to do with what the labor is worth. If you want to buy a car that costs $25,000, why would you offer the dealership $27,000? That would be stupid.

If an employer had two yachts and an airplane, what does that have to do with paying the guy who cleans the floors and bathrooms at his company $30.00 an hour?
The issue is with employers claiming poverty and asking employees to work harder and accept less pay and benefits while executive compensation goes through the roof
The issue is cutting corporate tax rates in anticipation of trickle down that never happens

Cutting taxes doesn't create trickle down anything. Cutting taxes saves jobs by reducing the attraction of moving to another country.

I don't know of any company claiming poverty, decreasing pay for employees, and executive compensation going through the roof unless CEO pay is contracted for a number of years (which most are).

Cutting taxes doesn't create trickle down anything. Cutting taxes saves jobs by reducing the attraction of moving to another country.

I don't know of any company claiming poverty, decreasing pay for employees, and executive compensation going through the roof unless CEO pay is contracted for a number of years (which most are).
You would have to blame ALL of them

Worker salaries have been stagnant for twenty years while somehow, corporations find the money to increase executive compensation

You would have to blame ALL of them

Worker salaries have been stagnant for twenty years while somehow, corporations find the money to increase executive compensation

Yes, they do, and that's how a competitive world works.

Businesses decide where their money is best spent. You can hire any moron to inspect parts or twist nuts onto bolts, but there are only few CEO's who have a record of making your company 20% more profitable. If you don't want to pay a CEO X millions per year, your competition will.

Another factor in stagnant wages is healthcare insurance costs. We've all seen the huge premium hikes and huge reduction in coverage by insurance companies since Commie Care first started, but companies have been dealing with that problem for many years. How is your employer supposed to give you a dollar an hour raise when in the last three years, he had to fork out $250.00 more a month just to keep your coverage?

Worker salaries have been stagnant for twenty years

maybe because liberals invited in 30 million illegals to take their jobs and bid down wages for remaining jobs??

RW has learned this 100 times because he has no pride.
30 million?
Don't you mean 30 BILLION?
They are hiding.......you just don't see them

RW has no pride or is proud to be stupid
Tell us again how you are afraid of Mexicans

Tell us again how you are afraid of Mexicans

liberals invited in 30 million illegals to take 30 million of our jobs and bid down wages for those jobs. 1+1=2. RW takes pride in being stupid.
Hide your wimmin n children's

da Mexicans are coming

`proud to be stupid!!!!
in fact liberals invited in 30 million illegals to take 30 million of our jobs and bid down wages for those jobs. 1+1=2. RW takes pride in being stupid.

Forum List

Back