San Frenchsicko committee approves new gun control measures

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
(07-09) 14:43 PDT -- The San Francisco Board of Supervisors' public safety committee today approved most of a package of gun-control measures introduced by Mayor Gavin Newsom in May.

The committee sent to the full board measures that would require handguns to be kept in a locked container or disabled with a trigger lock; prohibit the possession or sale of firearms or ammunition on property controlled by the city and county; and require that licensed firearms dealers provide an inventory of their firearms to the Police Department every six months.

The committee did not forward to the board the most controversial of the measures -- the creation of a local registry of gun offenders -- due to concerns about civil liberties. Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi, head of the committee, said he expects it to also make it to the full board after some tweaking of the language by the Newsom administration.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/09/BAG81QTHF65.DTL&tsp=1

"due to concerns about civil liberties" - what a fucking joke! This is so typical of gun control: Harrass law-abiding citizens. Coddle criminals.

Absolutely paaaaaaaaa-thetic!!!!!!!!!! I guess Gavin needed to pass some feel-good legislation to draw attention away from the fact that he fucked his best friend's wife and can't hold his liquor. What a sick and twisted little "man."

Have you ever noticed that anti-gun advocates want to take everyone's right to own guns away, yet we of the pro-gun crowd have never tried to force gun ownership on anyone? Imagine, a movement in this country headed by pro-ownership groups demanding that every U.S. citizen, who is legally qualified, must, must own at least one gun.

I'm pretty sure that the part about gun stores (er, store, as I believe SF has only one gun shop) being required to "provide an inventory of their firearms to the Police Department every six months" is against federal law. Not that the law was ever of any concern to the gun-snatchers.

i don't understand the purpose of haveing the store check in every 6 months. What exactley do they see that accomplishing.

I'm not sure why the contraversial part is contraversial either. Anybody who wants to own a gun should be able to, but part of the pro-gun side has to be about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, which is why the pro-gun crownd gets so much negative press in the first place.

Forum List

Back