San Frenchsicko committee approves new gun control measures

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Ninja, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/09/BAG81QTHF65.DTL&tsp=1

"due to concerns about civil liberties" - what a fucking joke! This is so typical of gun control: Harrass law-abiding citizens. Coddle criminals.

Absolutely paaaaaaaaa-thetic!!!!!!!!!! I guess Gavin needed to pass some feel-good legislation to draw attention away from the fact that he fucked his best friend's wife and can't hold his liquor. What a sick and twisted little "man."

2. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,107
    Have you ever noticed that anti-gun advocates want to take everyone's right to own guns away, yet we of the pro-gun crowd have never tried to force gun ownership on anyone? Imagine, a movement in this country headed by pro-ownership groups demanding that every U.S. citizen, who is legally qualified, must, must own at least one gun.

3. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    I'm pretty sure that the part about gun stores (er, store, as I believe SF has only one gun shop) being required to "provide an inventory of their firearms to the Police Department every six months" is against federal law. Not that the law was ever of any concern to the gun-snatchers.

4. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    i don't understand the purpose of haveing the store check in every 6 months. What exactley do they see that accomplishing.

I'm not sure why the contraversial part is contraversial either. Anybody who wants to own a gun should be able to, but part of the pro-gun side has to be about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, which is why the pro-gun crownd gets so much negative press in the first place.