San Francisco Mayor's Trip to China Carries High Stakes

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Notice how Red China's flag is superimposed on the American flag in this article from California. Newsom's picture reminds me of a communist icon....Lenin, anyone?

SAN FRANCISCO--On the heels of the visit of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to China, another equally telegenic California politician is currently visiting the country. On Nov. 25, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom, along with U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein, embarked on a week-long "trade and friendship" mission that includes visits to Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong to mark the 25th anniversary of the Sister City friendship between San Francisco and Shanghai.

Mayor Newsom's trip underscores the urgency for San Francisco to compete with other cities for Chinese businesses, especially when the city may be losing businesses to Los Angeles, where business costs are lower and the market is rich with new immigrants.

http://news.pacificnews.org/news/view_article.html?article_id=4cd13c4c5d1b93d7a2af2418bb22ca57

ScreamingEagle said:
Notice how Red China's flag is superimposed on the American flag in this article from California. Newsom's picture reminds me of a communist icon....Lenin, anyone?

I don't know how in the world his wife Kimberly the Conservative prosecutor stays married to him :dunno:

What's with all the libs going to Asia lately? Anyone else hear anything about Ted Turners trip to north korea? Seriously that guy doesn't deserve to have millions of dollars....

What's with all the libs going to Asia lately? Anyone else hear anything about Ted Turners trip to north korea? Seriously that guy doesn't deserve to have millions of dollars....

I wonder if Ted Turner would give up all his money and live like the starving North Koreans do in keeping with his love of comunism???

That question sounded even funnier in my head :teeth:

Bonnie said:
I wonder if Ted Turner would give up all his money and live like the starving North Koreans do in keeping with his love of comunism???

That question sounded even funnier in my head :teeth:

LOL--I wonder if Jane ever got a commie anti-aircraft gun for whatever she calls the days in December?

Kind of reminds me of GE, Krupp, and Nazi Germany.

Naturally the Comms in China would want to rub elbows with the Comms from the US. Wouldn't surprise me if 'Frisco got some sweetheart deals.

Forum List

Back