San Francisco Compared to Some of the Dirtiest Slums in the World

You may also see highly educated people living in very expensive vintage houses with a great view.
What kind of highly educated person makes their children walk to school over sidewalks covered in human crap and drug needles?

The kind of highly educated person who can't afford to live in a nicer neighborhood.

There are two things that are true:
a) The area that is being criticized as being filthy shouldn't be allowed to be that way- frankly San Francisco has not done enough to clean up that neighborhood- and it has been a lack of leadership. Not helped by the recent death of our mayor- but a problem that goes back a long ways.
b) That area is a very small part of San Francisco. We need to fix it, but San Francisco as a whole is frankly one of the best major cities in the United States. We have lovely beaches, great temperate weather, gorgeous scenario, fascinating people, great food and some of the best companies in the world. We need to do more to clean up what needs to clean up- but I haven't myself seen a used hypodermic needle in about 10 years.
Yeah, I will trade my ranch in San Diego with oak trees, creek and fruit orchards any day for a $2M 900 sq ft apartment.

For a moment I thought you live inside the city of Elysium.
Like any city or places in the world there’s always a sad part that ruined the beauty. San Diego is not immune to this kind of problem.

More homeless arrested following hepatitis A outbreak

You may also see highly educated people living in very expensive vintage houses with a great view.
What kind of highly educated person makes their children walk to school over sidewalks covered in human crap and drug needles?

The kind of highly educated person who can't afford to live in a nicer neighborhood.

a) The area that is being criticized as being filthy shouldn't be allowed to be that way- frankly San Francisco has not done enough to clean up that neighborhood- and it has been a lack of leadership. Not helped by the recent death of our mayor- but a problem that goes back a long ways.
b) That area is a very small part of San Francisco. We need to fix it, but San Francisco as a whole is frankly one of the best major cities in the United States. We have lovely beaches, great temperate weather, gorgeous scenario, fascinating people, great food and some of the best companies in the world. We need to do more to clean up what needs to clean up- but I haven't myself seen a used hypodermic needle in about 10 years.
Yeah, I will trade my ranch in San Diego with oak trees, creek and fruit orchards any day for a $2M 900 sq ft apartment.

Like any city or places in the world there’s always a sad part that ruined the beauty. San Diego is not immune to this kind of problem.

Sorry, guys sitting on sidewalks is not comparable to thousands living in tent cities like they do in the LA and SF area.

As one of the 6 or 8 sane people born in San Franshitsco, it's absolutely true. Luckily, I live a 2 hour drive from such flotsam and jetsam. There is no city on the North American continent that utterly embraces the lowest, most savage dregs of humanity than this leftist hate-sewer, utterly whacked-out city....which is living proof that this world has more horses' asses than it has horses.

Yet San Francisco is Nos. 7 in most visited states. Los Angeles Nos. 2.

The 10 most-visited cities in the US this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, guys sitting on sidewalks is not comparable to thousands living in tent cities like they do in the LA and SF area.

Really? I live here in Southern California and I’m proud but you cannot tell me we do not have problems in San Diego.

San Diego County has fourth largest homeless population in US, report says

Really? I live here in Southern California and I’m proud but you cannot tell me we do not have problems in San Diego.

Sacramento’s policies of illegal coddling.

Again, nothing like LA and SF.

Your link:

HUD reported that 76,501 people were homeless in New York City, and 55,188 in Los Angeles County.

San Diego County has 9,160.

Your link:

HUD reported that 76,501 people were homeless in New York City, and 55,188 in Los Angeles County.

San Diego County has 9,160.

Okay. So what is your problem?

California is not perfect.

Not really indicative of SF as a whole.

My cousin just recently purchased a place in the Richmond District (I think she said the Richmond District). From what I could see, they had a roof style balcony overlooking some greenery. I just assumed it was Golden Gate Park, but it may not be. I'll have to ask her now. They bought it for when her husband has to run down to the city for work. They live in Eugene, OR most of the time. She attended school and apprenticed in SF.

I can't remember now. Shit. But SF, if you stay out of the rough areas, is not a bad city as big cities go.

New Topics

Forum List

Back