San Fran streets full of "[joyful] mayhem" ala WS win

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
The local Pravda, uhm, I mean media kills me. yes you see here in the San Fran Oblast we can never say things straight out because, well, it always need 'explaining' ......joyful mayhem in san fran = rioting....

the city of tolerance, love, peace and understating is no better than some festering red state podunk pustule........the ironic horror of it all:lol:

Riots break out in San Francisco after Giants win World Series

The front page of the San Francisco Chronicle's website said city streets were full of "joyful mayhem" in the hours after the Giants won Game 5 of the World Series on Monday night and Tuesday morning.

Joyful mayhem is a euphemism for riots.

Among the fires, attempted looting and general madness, here is shocking video from KTVU of a mob attacking a car, even pulling people from the car and beating them until riot police closed in — after several frightening minutes pass.

One hooligan in particular (I think he's wearing an orange Willie McCovey No. 44 retro jersey — sorry, Stretch) got particularly violent. Hopefully he's among those locked up.

From KTVU.com:

Around 10 p.m., a crowd that had taken over the intersection of 3rd and King streets had started multiple fires, but those were extinguished soon afterward.

An hour later, at the intersection of Mission and 22nd streets that had been taken over by dozens of fans, a large fire had been started. Later, a car attempted to drive through the crowd was stopped, and the vehicle and its passengers were attacked.

What the heck does any of this have to do with Tim Lincecum(notes) and the first World Series championship for San Francisco?

Nothing. It should not be an occasion to bring out the worst in people. But it does.

Riots break out in San Francisco after Giants win World Series - Big League Stew - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

mob attack on a car and occupants.......wtf?

RAW VIDEO: Helicopter Footage Of Shocking Mob Attack On Car - Video - KTVU San Francisco

(full disclosure- I bleed Dodger Blue:razz:)...

Must have thought Cat Stevens was in the car.......you know what Fear can do

I still don't get why people act like this after their team wins or loses.

Maybe it's just an excuse to let their savage beast out? :confused:

I still don't get why people act like this after their team wins or loses.

Maybe it's just an excuse to let their savage beast out? :confused:

Alcohol plays a big part of it. With the car I guess the people "celebrating" felt the drivers were raining on thier parade by actually trying to get somewhere.

The main issue is most cities police forces are not designed to handle mass celebrations such as this, even if they think they are. I live in NYC and the only reason there is not this type of destruction when a team wins something is that the NYPD is the size of a small freaking army, and is ready to kick ass and chew bubble gum the second anyone wins something. In San Fran the police have to respond to areas if there is trouble, In NYC the police are already there, there is 20 of em, and they are all in riot gear, with the paddy wagon a block away.

The local Pravda, uhm, I mean media kills me. yes you see here in the San Fran Oblast we can never say things straight out because, well, it always need 'explaining' ......joyful mayhem in san fran = rioting....

the city of tolerance, love, peace and understating is no better than some festering red state podunk pustule........the ironic horror of it all:lol:

Riots break out in San Francisco after Giants win World Series

The front page of the San Francisco Chronicle's website said city streets were full of "joyful mayhem" in the hours after the Giants won Game 5 of the World Series on Monday night and Tuesday morning.

Joyful mayhem is a euphemism for riots.

Among the fires, attempted looting and general madness, here is shocking video from KTVU of a mob attacking a car, even pulling people from the car and beating them until riot police closed in — after several frightening minutes pass.

One hooligan in particular (I think he's wearing an orange Willie McCovey No. 44 retro jersey — sorry, Stretch) got particularly violent. Hopefully he's among those locked up.

From KTVU.com:

Around 10 p.m., a crowd that had taken over the intersection of 3rd and King streets had started multiple fires, but those were extinguished soon afterward.

An hour later, at the intersection of Mission and 22nd streets that had been taken over by dozens of fans, a large fire had been started. Later, a car attempted to drive through the crowd was stopped, and the vehicle and its passengers were attacked.

What the heck does any of this have to do with Tim Lincecum(notes) and the first World Series championship for San Francisco?

Nothing. It should not be an occasion to bring out the worst in people. But it does.

Riots break out in San Francisco after Giants win World Series - Big League Stew - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

mob attack on a car and occupants.......wtf?

RAW VIDEO: Helicopter Footage Of Shocking Mob Attack On Car - Video - KTVU San Francisco

(full disclosure- I bleed Dodger Blue:razz:)...

Full disclosure should include KTVU is the FOX station and had camera's all over the City. Those who watched, and we did, noticed the crowds were quite mellow until the TV lights came on and the reporter began to speak. The fools then had to get on camera, jump around and pull off their shirts (why I don't know, the two I saw had the Tats but not an ounce of definition).
22nd St at Mission is not an example of a San Francisco nieghborhood a baseball fan would choose to celebrate, as any local would know. Chestnut in the Marina, or at ATT Park or a dozen other venues for sure, but not 22nd St. and Mission.

Forum List

Back