San Diego Faces Own Medicine as Arizona Residents Cancel Travel Following Boycott of

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Arizona tourists are biting back against San Diego for its city council's decision to boycott the Grand Canyon State over its immigration law signed by Gov. Jan Brewer last month.

Would-be tourists have notified the San Diego Convention and Visitors Bureau and some hotels that they are canceling their scheduled travel to the coastal vacation destination, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

According to the newspaper, the convention bureau has received about 25-30 emails from Arizona residents, with some saying they are canceling their reservations and taking their money elsewhere.

That has tourism officials urging Arizonans to consider the resolutions as merely symbolic and local politics at work.

FOXNews.com - San Diego Faces Own Medicine as Arizona Residents Cancel Travel Following Boycott of State

You Go Arizona! Stick to Yer Guns! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yes, as I stated in another thread, I and my wife have CANCELED our trip to San Diego to visit friends, we are not stepping a foot in California and giving them 1¢ of our money for their stupid outburst calling for a boycott of another state.

State against state, race against race and who knows what else, for what? Just for trying to enforce the immigration laws that were already on the books in Washington D.C. and the LAME government we have couldn't even enforce them because, I guess, it would cost politicians VOTES?

Illegals ticked off that they cannot enter the USA without following the law of the land? WTF with that, are they NUTS? Every other country enforces it's immigration laws, why do these people, no matter where their from, get the idea that American citizens are going to continue to be patsies and get screwed to the wall financially by entering the country illegally?

If Washington D.C. continues to be this lame in other areas, what other measures will states have to take to insure the safety of their residents, both financially and civilly?
I swear some of these politicians would sell us and the country out, for votes and continued 'fat cat' living.

Arizona tourists are biting back against San Diego for its city council's decision to boycott the Grand Canyon State over its immigration law signed by Gov. Jan Brewer last month.

Would-be tourists have notified the San Diego Convention and Visitors Bureau and some hotels that they are canceling their scheduled travel to the coastal vacation destination, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

According to the newspaper, the convention bureau has received about 25-30 emails from Arizona residents, with some saying they are canceling their reservations and taking their money elsewhere.

That has tourism officials urging Arizonans to consider the resolutions as merely symbolic and local politics at work.

FOXNews.com - San Diego Faces Own Medicine as Arizona Residents Cancel Travel Following Boycott of State

Haven't seen ComicCon cancelled and that sucker makes downtown for the entire summer.

Yes, as I stated in another thread, I and my wife have CANCELED our trip to San Diego to visit friends, we are not stepping a foot in California and giving them 1¢ of our money for their stupid outburst calling for a boycott of another state.

State against state, race against race and who knows what else, for what? Just for trying to enforce the immigration laws that were already on the books in Washington D.C. and the LAME government we have couldn't even enforce them because, I guess, it would cost politicians VOTES?

Illegals ticked off that they cannot enter the USA without following the law of the land? WTF with that, are they NUTS? Every other country enforces it's immigration laws, why do these people, no matter where their from, get the idea that American citizens are going to continue to be patsies and get screwed to the wall financially by entering the country illegally?

If Washington D.C. continues to be this lame in other areas, what other measures will states have to take to insure the safety of their residents, both financially and civilly?
I swear some of these politicians would sell us and the country out, for votes and continued 'fat cat' living.

Thank you.

Heres your problem, SD will refill the slots because SD is an awsome place to vaction.

Arizona ......not so much

:lol::lol::lol:

let me say this again for all you thick headed idiots out there.....THE STATE HAS NOT CALLED FOR A BOYCOTT OF ANYONE............

Heres your problem, SD will refill the slots because SD is an awsome place to vaction.

Arizona ......not so much

You should be here when ComicCon comes to town....can't get tickets (sold out almost immediately) and all the hotels/restaurants downtown go into overload for a week.

some inside news for ya bo....the CON may be moving to Anaheim in the next couple of years....:eusa_whistle:

Ouch!

25 or 30 emails will bring San Diego to its knees

I sent this article to Dad cuz they usually organize a trip to San D for some local disadvantaged kids. This year, he's gonna look into taking them to AZ instead. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And when those latino kids get stopped by police and deported for not having their being brown while in Arizona papers what will he say to their parents?

Boycotts are stupid and evil.

If you have a point of view argue logic, (or lack of logic) facts or principles. But forcing people to agree with you under threat is evil.

And counterproductive. And I don't know of any that have worked.

Well stated and cuts right to the heart of the matter. I have family in California. We will have to meet up in Zion. Nice family vacation..

And when those latino kids get stopped by police and deported for not having their being brown while in Arizona papers what will he say to their parents?

More lies from the left. You really should be ashamed of your name. You are aware I hope that the Arizona law is the SAME law that the federal Government has on its books?

let me say this again for all you thick headed idiots out there.....THE STATE HAS NOT CALLED FOR A BOYCOTT OF ANYONE............

Harry Harry Harry,, The Mayors in your two biggest cities are firmly on the side of the illegals and for hurting Arizona as much as they can. This issue should not be about vengeance but California seems to setting up some kind of war on Arizona. or at least that's what the media frenzy is saying..

Really? Cool...

Now where are you from again?

Boycott!

Forum List

Back