Samson's Totally Awesome Mountain Biking Thread

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
MountainBike4-1.jpg

Went to Winter Park for a couple of days, and brought my Mountain Bike TREK 3900 that I bought 4 years ago with every intention of actually using it on a Mountain before last week.

Anyway, I could have taken a lesson for $69 (2.5 hours of lift ticket, body armor/bike rental). But lessons are not my way.

Instead, I got an ALL DAY Pass, and rented the body armor, saving, probably $1.50.

I haven't had so much fun riding since rolling around The Bay Area with Hawt Chick.

Taking it easy the first couple of runs, I had no problem: Third run, I spooked a huge deer laying on the trail taking a dust bath. Later, I lost control when I hit a couple of stairsteps going to fast, not leaning back, and went over the handlebars.

Nothing hurt, thanks to the helmet and armor, and bike was fine, but I made a hasty retreat to the jacuzzi.

Sammy is a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger in real life?

Who knew?

MountainBike4-1.jpg

Went to Winter Park for a couple of days, and brought my Mountain Bike TREK 3900 that I bought 4 years ago with every intention of actually using it on a Mountain before last week.

Anyway, I could have taken a lesson for $69 (2.5 hours of lift ticket, body armor/bike rental). But lessons are not my way.

Instead, I got an ALL DAY Pass, and rented the body armor, saving, probably $1.50.

I haven't had so much fun riding since rolling around The Bay Area with Hawt Chick.

Taking it easy the first couple of runs, I had no problem: Third run, I spooked a huge deer laying on the trail taking a dust bath. Later, I lost control when I hit a couple of stairsteps going to fast, not leaning back, and went over the handlebars.

Nothing hurt, thanks to the helmet and armor, and bike was fine, but I made a hasty retreat to the jacuzzi.

Just who do you think you're foolin'?

These pics were definitely photoshopped...they were actually taken at the Sea of Tranquility...

'Fess up: where they taken by Buzz or Neil?

I used to ride a Red Cross pledge ride each year in Winter Park, great trails, never tried the lifts though. We road on one of the other mountains. Everything from fire roads to very tight single track, one really tough one was a three mile ascend up a fire rode that was so steep you were basically walking in 1st gear to a 10,000 foot pass. After a bit of a rest it was an amazing downhill for a couple of miles where 43 mph was the fastest I saw on my speedometer, the road was a lane and a half and loose gravel and I almost ate it in a turn....... obviously I had some divine help that kept me upright.:lol:

MountainBike4-1.jpg

Just who do you think you're foolin'?

These pics were definitely photoshopped...they were actually taken at the Sea of Tranquility...

'Fess up: where they taken by Buzz or Neil?

Sea of Tranquility?

Do you see Ronald Reagan in the background?

I used to ride a Red Cross pledge ride each year in Winter Park, great trails, never tried the lifts though. We road on one of the other mountains. Everything from fire roads to very tight single track, one really tough one was a three mile ascend up a fire rode that was so steep you were basically walking in 1st gear to a 10,000 foot pass. After a bit of a rest it was an amazing downhill for a couple of miles where 43 mph was the fastest I saw on my speedometer, the road was a lane and a half and loose gravel and I almost ate it in a turn....... obviously I had some divine help that kept me upright.:lol:

I went DOWN HILL 95% of the way. No way I'd reach 40+ mph.

the body armour makes bikers look like something out of avp.

you know i find bikers to be generally a bunch of assholes...no offense there but you know the type i am talking about. racers are worse than mtn bikers...i will never work another event for racers.

but i think the armour is much needed...there is a local bike shop where they have a wall of helmets...that have been busted...showing what could have happen to someone's head but instead the helmets took the impact...i am all for helmets and i am rambling lol

you know i find bikers to be generally a bunch of assholes...no offense there but you know the type i am talking about. racers are worse than mtn bikers...i will never work another event for racers.

Well, I've never jumped out of a cake for anyone.

Forum List

Back