Samoan Tsunami Relief

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
Thanks to 4Nines for allowing this soliciting.

I have a friend is American Samoa that sent me some information regarding a worthy cause for donation of whatever disposable funds you may be inclined to offer. My friend's home is high on a mountain and was not harmed by the tsunami. Thousands of others did not fare so well.

In an effort to help the victims, please consider sending donations directly to the Red Cross in American Samoa through the Amerika Samoa Bank.

P1000473.jpg

The Pago Pago Rotary Club is setting up a system for making contributions to them for distribution of food directly to the victims. If you are interested in this avenue, please PM me.

http://picasaweb.google.com/qrkpub/SamoaTsunami#

Be thankful for what you have.

Last edited:
Here's another way to contribute. I can forward the original email to anyone that wants it. The Rotary Club will take no cream from the top.

DONATIONS:
The Rotary Club of Pago Pago has established a donation button at Welcome to American Samoa . Donations can be made using major credit cards or Pay Pal. If you would prefer to send a check please send all checks or money orders to:

Rotary Club of Pago Pago,
Tsunami Assistance Fund
P.O. Box 1328
Pago Pago, AS 96799

Our goal in establishing this donation fund is to address the long term needs of the community after the emergency agencies turn their focus to every occurring disaster throughout the world.

Funds received will be utilized only for community needs and all administrative costs will be carried by the local club.

If you would like to send non-cash donations those can be sent to:

Rotary Club of Pago Pago
Tsunami Assistance
P.O. Box 1328
Pago Pago, AS 96799

Thank you for your assistance

Jim Mahoney
President, 2009-10
Rotary Club of Pago Pago
Jim Mahoney [[email protected]]

Here is a photo of the world's largest airplane as it approaches landing on American Samoa. It is loaded with generators to replace the power plant that was wiped out by the tsunami.

ASAntonov006.jpg

Forum List

Back