the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.

(sean o'donnchu)

reabhloideach,

That is really beautiful!

For some reason, it makes me think about the Native American ancestor I recently discovered I had, who I am so proud I share blood with, and all of the moving stories about surviving unbearable circumstances, I have read recently written by Palestinian political prisoners, since I subscribed to Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network, like these below:

"Twelve-year-old arrested 10 times by Israel in three years

Muslim Odeh (Amer Aruri / B’Tselem) via Electronic Intifada

by Jillian Kestler-D’Amours of the Electronic Intifada

19 October 2012

In an unwavering voice, Muslim Odeh recounted how Israeli riot police took him from his bed earlier this week, blindfolded him, subjected him to hours of intense interrogation and held him overnight in a Jerusalem prison compound.

Odeh vomited after Israeli police punched him four times in the stomach on his way to his prison cell. Odeh’s calm demeanor, only days after his ordeal, was evidence of how this was his tenth arrest in three years.

More shocking, however, is the fact that this resident of Silwan in East Jerusalem is only 12-years-old. “I miss my house,” Odeh told The Electronic Intifada, as he stared longingly from the balcony of his uncle’s home — where he is under house arrest until next Wednesday, 24 October — onto his family’s house below.

“I don’t feel comfortable. I miss my friends, my grandmother, my mother,” he said. “I don’t know if they will arrest me again.”

House arrest

Muslim Odeh was first arrested at the age of nine. During each arrest, Israeli police have accused him of throwing stones and Molotov cocktails. Today, he is being held under house arrest at his uncle’s home in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Jabel Mukaber. If he violates the conditions of his release, he will be re-arrested and forced to pay a fine of 5,000 shekels ($1,300).

A group of Israeli riot police entered his home with two dogs, the 12-year-old explained, during the most recent arrest. “I heard dogs near me. I was scared,” he said, adding that, moments later, the police brought him blindfolded to an Israeli police station in East Jerusalem.

There, Israeli interrogators accused him of throwing Molotov cocktails and stones, and asked him about the activities of other children in Silwan. While he wasn’t physically harmed during the interrogation, the main Israeli investigator yelled and forcibly slammed his hand on the table to scare him, Odeh said.

“I said I didn’t do anything,” said Odeh, who was interrogated from 5am until 3pm before being transferred to the notorious Russian Compound (Moskobiye, in Arabic) prison compound in West Jerusalem. There, he was held with six other prisoners who, he said, were Palestinian teenagers from the Shuafat refugee camp.

“I was the youngest in the room, [and] in the whole Moskobiye,” Odeh added."

Samidoun: Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network » Twelve-year-old arrested 10 times by Israel in three years

Sherri

Those poor Palestinians :(

Causing problems than cry when Israel does something about it.

Only Muslims.

fuck both of you terrorist worshipping scumbags !

Israel will always be !!

And please for the love of God, stop pretending you give a shit about the Palis. we know you don't ! You are just making feeble attempts to make Israel look bad, and it ain;t working !

ISrael is growing and thriving !

Samhain, meaning Summer's End, is the Celtic festival held on November 1st,
which some say marked the Celtic New Year

irish paganism rules OK

pagan means countryside.

sherri loves it !!

the top of the day to you sir!

israel is growing because it is stealing more and more pal land all the time

thriving it is NOT and doesn't deserve to either

beannacht, mo chairde.

on the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.

(sean o'donnchu)

reabhloideach,

For some reason, it makes me think about the Native American ancestor I recently discovered I had, who I am so proud I share blood with, and all of the moving stories about surviving unbearable circumstances, I have read recently written by Palestinian political prisoners, since I subscribed to Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network, like these below:

19 October 2012

In an unwavering voice, Muslim Odeh recounted how Israeli riot police took him from his bed earlier this week, blindfolded him, subjected him to hours of intense interrogation and held him overnight in a Jerusalem prison compound.

Odeh vomited after Israeli police punched him four times in the stomach on his way to his prison cell. Odeh’s calm demeanor, only days after his ordeal, was evidence of how this was his tenth arrest in three years.

More shocking, however, is the fact that this resident of Silwan in East Jerusalem is only 12-years-old. “I miss my house,” Odeh told The Electronic Intifada, as he stared longingly from the balcony of his uncle’s home — where he is under house arrest until next Wednesday, 24 October — onto his family’s house below.

“I don’t feel comfortable. I miss my friends, my grandmother, my mother,” he said. “I don’t know if they will arrest me again.”

House arrest

Muslim Odeh was first arrested at the age of nine. During each arrest, Israeli police have accused him of throwing stones and Molotov cocktails. Today, he is being held under house arrest at his uncle’s home in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Jabel Mukaber. If he violates the conditions of his release, he will be re-arrested and forced to pay a fine of 5,000 shekels ($1,300).

A group of Israeli riot police entered his home with two dogs, the 12-year-old explained, during the most recent arrest. “I heard dogs near me. I was scared,” he said, adding that, moments later, the police brought him blindfolded to an Israeli police station in East Jerusalem.

There, Israeli interrogators accused him of throwing Molotov cocktails and stones, and asked him about the activities of other children in Silwan. While he wasn’t physically harmed during the interrogation, the main Israeli investigator yelled and forcibly slammed his hand on the table to scare him, Odeh said.

“I said I didn’t do anything,” said Odeh, who was interrogated from 5am until 3pm before being transferred to the notorious Russian Compound (Moskobiye, in Arabic) prison compound in West Jerusalem. There, he was held with six other prisoners who, he said, were Palestinian teenagers from the Shuafat refugee camp.

Samidoun: Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network » Twelve-year-old arrested 10 times by Israel in three years

Sherri

Well, I don't know how reliable that news source is. If this is an accurate story, there seems to be some injustices. However, why doesn't this kid stop throwing stones and deadly Molotov cocktails? Stoning is also dangerous, and was an ancient form of execution. Why don't his parents stop him? If he is throwing stones to demand freedom, why don't Palestinian negotiators sit down with Israel and accept an Israeli peace plan? Why doesn't Sherri get a balanced view by subscribing to Victims of Arab Terror?

Hey Seal, is there any ethnic group more famous than then the Irish for supporting terrorist organiztions, like your own IRA?

beannacht, mo cairde.

on the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.

(sean o'donnchu)

beannacht, mo cairde.

on the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.

(sean o'donnchu)

Samhain/Halloween seems to be very pagan, with all its ghosts/witches/skeletons imagery. I don't know how Christians can celebrate it, though I'm not one to judge other religions. Jews wear costumes on Purim, but our holiday has alot more meaning to it. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
beannacht, mo cairde.

on the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.

(sean o'donnchu)

Samhain/Halloween seems to be very pagan, with all its ghosts/witches/skeletons imagery. I don't know how Christians can celebrate it, though I'm not one to judge other religions. Jews wear costumes on Purim, but our holiday has alot more meaning to it. :eusa_angel:

well, aren't you just the sweetest thing. of course your little purim has a lot more meaning. after all, you are god's special little people. he chose you to be.

i mean, what is more important and has more meaning...

celebrating the last harvest and the beginning of winter, a new year, and giving thanks for that harvest by honouring our dead ancestors...

or celebrating a vengeful slaughter of tens of thousands of people and honouring your G-d by getting falling down drunk on sugary wine and eating gamey tasting pastries.

bless your precious little hearts for having such significant and chosen celebrations, and thank you so much for spreading his word about our holidays being not quite as meaningful.

we really should give it up samhain/halloween/all saints day; but does that mean we have to give up the solar year that goes along with it and switch to a lunar calendar?

beannacht, mo chairde.

on the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.

(sean o'donnchu)

reabhloideach,

19 October 2012

House arrest

Sherri

Well, I don't know how reliable that news source is. If this is an accurate story, there seems to be some injustices. However, why doesn't this kid stop throwing stones and deadly Molotov cocktails? Stoning is also dangerous, and was an ancient form of execution. Why don't his parents stop him? If he is throwing stones to demand freedom, why don't Palestinian negotiators sit down with Israel and accept an Israeli peace plan? Why doesn't Sherri get a balanced view by subscribing to Victims of Arab Terror?

and i think that pretty adequately defines the crux of the ongoing problem, at least in jewish terms.

Last edited:
beannacht, mo chairde.

on the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.

(sean o'donnchu)

reabhloideach,

19 October 2012

House arrest

Sherri

thank you, sherry. at a time when maggie thather was being welcomed by the israelis. the prisoners at nafha prison lifted the hearts of irish nationalists with this letter...

Statement of support from Palestinian prisoners to the Irish Hunger Strikers in 1981 | *|*Gaza TV News

Statement of support from Palestinian prisoners to the Irish Hunger Strikers in 1981

During the Irish Hunger Strike in 1981 that was led by Bobby Sands, a statement was smuggled out of Nafha Prison from the Palestinian prisoners and sent to the families of the 10 men who died.

That support has never been forgotten, and while Khader Adnan and Hana Shalabi were on Hunger Strike, several families of the 10 men who died, and former Hunger Strikers sent several messages of support to them and their families. They have also sent messages to the current Palestinian prisoners who are on Hunger Strike, and to their families.

Below is a copy of the message smuggled out of Nafha prison in 1981:

“To the families of the martyrs oppressed by the British ruling class. To the families of Bobby Sands and his martyred comrades.

We, revolutionaries of the Palestinian people who are under the terrorist rule of Zionism, write you this letter from the desert prison of Nafha.

We extend our salutes and solidarity with you in the confrontation against the oppressive terrorist rule enforced upon the Irish people by the British ruling elite.

We salute the heroic struggle of Bobby Sands and his comrades, for they have sacrificed the most valuable possession of any human being. They gave their lives for freedom.

From here in Nafha prison, where savage snakes and desert sands penetrate our cells, from here under the yoke of Zionist occupation, we stand alongside you. From behind our cell bars, we support you, your people and your revolutionaries who have chosen to confront death.

Since the Zionist occupation, our people have been living under the worst conditions. Our militants who have chosen the road of liberty and chosen to defend our land, people and dignity, have been suffering for many years.

In the prisons, we are confronting Zionist oppression and their systematic application of torture. Sunlight does not enter our cell. Basic necessities are not provided. Yet we confront the Zionist hangmen, the enemies of life.

Many of our militant comrades have been martyred under torture by the fascists allowing them to bleed to death. Others have been martyred because Israeli prison administrators do not provide needed medical care.

The noble and just hunger strike is not in vain. In our struggle against the occupation of our homeland, for freedom from the new Nazis, it stands as a clear symbol of the historical challenge against the terrorists.

Our people in Palestine and in the Zionist prisons are struggling as your people are struggling against the British monopolies and we will both continue until victory.

On behalf of the prisoners of Nafha, we support your struggle and cause of freedom against English domination, against Zionism and against fascism in the world.”

Palestinians show support for the Irish Hunger Strikers in 1981

Recently painted Mural on the Falls Road, Belfast

we remember.

beannacht, mo cairde.

on the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.

(sean o'donnchu)

well, aren't you just the sweetest thing. of course your little purim has a lot more meaning. after all, you are god's special little people. he chose you to be.

celebrating the last harvest and the beginning of winter, a new year, and giving thanks for that harvest by honouring our dead ancestors...

or celebrating a vengeful slaughter of tens of thousands of people and honouring your G-d by getting falling down drunk on sugary wine and eating gamey tasting pastries.

bless your precious little hearts for having such significant and chosen celebrations, and thank you so much for spreading his word about our holidays being not quite as meaningful.

we really should give it up samhain/halloween/all saints day; but does that mean we have to give up the solar year that goes along with it and switch to a lunar calendar?

There we go with "the Chosen" again. :eusa_hand: I think I've heard that term much more from non-Jews than from Jews themselves. At last year's Passover Seder, my family had this whole conversation, about how all ppl are made in the image of G-d. Anyways, I used to listen to a Christian show on the radio for awhile to learn about your religion. This show said that saved Christians are "the Elect of G-d". Do you think that's true?

Last edited:
beannacht, mo chairde.

on the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.

(sean o'donnchu)

reabhloideach,

19 October 2012

House arrest

Sherri

thank you, sherry. at a time when maggie thather was being welcomed by the israelis. the prisoners at nafha prison lifted the hearts of irish nationalists with this letter...

Statement of support from Palestinian prisoners to the Irish Hunger Strikers in 1981 | *|*Gaza TV News

Statement of support from Palestinian prisoners to the Irish Hunger Strikers in 1981

During the Irish Hunger Strike in 1981 that was led by Bobby Sands, a statement was smuggled out of Nafha Prison from the Palestinian prisoners and sent to the families of the 10 men who died.

That support has never been forgotten, and while Khader Adnan and Hana Shalabi were on Hunger Strike, several families of the 10 men who died, and former Hunger Strikers sent several messages of support to them and their families. They have also sent messages to the current Palestinian prisoners who are on Hunger Strike, and to their families.

“To the families of the martyrs oppressed by the British ruling class. To the families of Bobby Sands and his martyred comrades.

we remember.

Connecticut also remembers...

hungerstrikermemorial.jpg

There we go with "the Chosen" again. :eusa_hand: I think I've heard that term much more from non-Jews than from Jews themselves. At last year's Passover Seder, my family had this whole conversation, about how all ppl are made in the image of G-d. Anyways, I used to listen to a Christian show on the radio for awhile to learn about your religion. This show said saved Christians are the Elect of G-d. Do you think that's true?

if you don't want "the chosen" thrown in your face, stop saying bigoted, racist, and insulting things like "our holiday has alot more meaning to it. would you like it if i said "easter has a lot more meaning than passover." do you also think chanukah is a lot more meaningful than kwanzaa?

i am an irish catholic and we are rather notorious for not being christians, even more so than the roman catholic. in fact, all saints day is essentially a case where the RCC molded their beliefs to accomodate our traditional beliefs. the RCC, and irish catholics really only believe that if you try to do right by your neighbour, god digs ya. if you want peace, work for justice.

do i think blah, blah, blah elect of god...i am faithless. god is too complicated for me so i really don't think about him at all. i believe in hot women and good uisge.

i you want to know about christianity, i suggest you discuss it with hoss-shite. he will direct you to the great "johny the baptiser" in the sky and a good tailor to re-foreskin ya before you are raptured up. he is your friend.

and as an american, i happen to think the more meaningul religions to me are the ones who put the most teams in play at the NCAA basketball tournament, the football bowl games, and the college world series...i mean, if we are choosing and all.

There we go with "the Chosen" again. :eusa_hand: I think I've heard that term much more from non-Jews than from Jews themselves. At last year's Passover Seder, my family had this whole conversation, about how all ppl are made in the image of G-d. Anyways, I used to listen to a Christian show on the radio for awhile to learn about your religion. This show said saved Christians are the Elect of G-d. Do you think that's true?

if you don't want "the chosen" thrown in your face, stop saying bigoted, racist, and insulting things like "our holiday has alot more meaning to it. would you like it if i said "easter has a lot more meaning than passover." do you also think chanukah is a lot more meaningful than kwanzaa?

i am an irish catholic and we are rather notorious for not being christians, even more so than the roman catholic. in fact, all saints day is essentially a case where the RCC molded their beliefs to accomodate our traditional beliefs. the RCC, and irish catholics really only believe that if you try to do right by your neighbour, god digs ya. if you want peace, work for justice.

do i think blah, blah, blah elect of god...i am faithless. god is too complicated for me so i really don't think about him at all. i believe in hot women and good uisge.

i you want to know about christianity, i suggest you discuss it with hoss-shite. he will direct you to the great "johny the baptiser" in the sky and a good tailor to re-foreskin ya before you are raptured up. he is your friend.

and as an american, i happen to think the more meaningul religions to me are the ones who put the most teams in play at the NCAA basketball tournament, the football bowl games, and the college world series...i mean, if we are choosing and all.

If a Muslim on this board would say, as already happened, that Christians are sissies, you would say that he misspoke and it's not characteristic of him, although he denies the Holocaust. But if, G-d forbid, a Jew makes a little joke, you jump down his throat. I've got you pegged.

Those poor Palestinians :(

Causing problems than cry when Israel does something about it.

Only Muslims.

fuck both of you terrorist worshipping scumbags !

Israel will always be !!

And please for the love of God, stop pretending you give a shit about the Palis. we know you don't ! You are just making feeble attempts to make Israel look bad, and it ain;t working !

i think israel does an outstanding job of making herself look bad and needs not the aid of either sherry or me.

and if by "thriving and growing" you mean stealing land and precious water from the palestinians on the west bank and avouding any substantive talks in negotiation to bring about peace, you will get no argument from me. some people have different values, i suppose.

If a Muslim on this board would say, as already happened, that Christians are sissies, you would say that he misspoke and it's not characteristic of him, although he denies the Holocaust. But if, G-d forbid, a Jew makes a little joke, you jump down his throat. I've got you pegged.

lolol...of course you have me pegged.

anyone who has the arrogance to put words in my mouth must think they have me pegged.

beannacht, mo chairde.

on the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.

(sean o'donnchu)

reabhloideach,

19 October 2012

House arrest

Sherri

We, revolutionaries of the Palestinian people who are under the terrorist rule of Zionism, write you this letter from the desert prison of Nafha.

We extend our salutes and solidarity with you in the confrontation against the oppressive terrorist rule enforced upon the Irish people by the British ruling elite.

We salute the heroic struggle of Bobby Sands and his comrades, for they have sacrificed the most valuable possession of any human being. They gave their lives for freedom.

From here in Nafha prison, where savage snakes and desert sands penetrate our cells, from here under the yoke of Zionist occupation, we stand alongside you. From behind our cell bars, we support you, your people and your revolutionaries who have chosen to confront death.

Since the Zionist occupation, our people have been living under the worst conditions. Our militants who have chosen the road of liberty and chosen to defend our land, people and dignity, have been suffering for many years.

In the prisons, we are confronting Zionist oppression and their systematic application of torture. Sunlight does not enter our cell. Basic necessities are not provided. Yet we confront the Zionist hangmen, the enemies of life.

Many of our militant comrades have been martyred under torture by the fascists allowing them to bleed to death. Others have been martyred because Israeli prison administrators do not provide needed medical care.

The noble and just hunger strike is not in vain. In our struggle against the occupation of our homeland, for freedom from the new Nazis, it stands as a clear symbol of the historical challenge against the terrorists.

Our people in Palestine and in the Zionist prisons are struggling as your people are struggling against the British monopolies and we will both continue until victory.

On behalf of the prisoners of Nafha, we support your struggle and cause of freedom against English domination, against Zionism and against fascism in the world.”

we remember.
Seal may have found someone as fucked up as himself in Sherry. LOL

beannacht, mo cairde.

on the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.

(sean o'donnchu)
And this has exactly what to do with Israel and Palestine? Isn't there a poetry for douchebags forum on this site somewhere?

Forum List

Back