Same type of hysteria, just a different decade

Discussion in 'Environment' started by jeffrockit, Apr 28, 2010.

1. jeffrockit

jeffrockit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +165
  2. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,673
    If CO2 keeps going up, how can we expect anything but warming? If people are strident, maybe it's because people like you don't listen. The logic is simple. More GH gases, more trapped infra-red radiation. More trapped radiation, more heat. Get it? The other stuff the deniers talk about is mere distraction from the simple scientific logic that they can't refute and, therefore, had to take the controversy to the political arena.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. jeffrockit

jeffrockit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Yeah we should have listened to the "experts" in 1970. According to some, we would not have breathable air by 1985. How much false data do we need to uncover before people like you realize it is nothing more than a giant wealth redistribution scheme. You can't argue with the facts that data was falsified in order to push the agenda. Don't know about you but that proves to me it is nothing more than a social engineering program but you go ahead and keep following the lies. If anyone has politicized this debate it is Al Gore and his brain dead followers.

4. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650

I have heard from NASA weather people that if CO2 was truly going up, we'd have global cooling, not warming. And global cooling is much, much more deadly than warming.

5. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,318
    Really? Allie, are you that stupid? Yes, suppose you are:lol:

NASA GISS: Science Briefs: Oh Where Oh Where Does the CO2 Go?

No, Allie, not global cooling. There have been some speculation that the melt of Greenland would halt the thermohaline circulation and create a period like the Younger Dryas. However, we do not see that happening, and Europe and Eastern North America are warming just like the rest of the world.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,318
    Jeffy, boy, why don't you post your sources? Because, of course, this all just idiocy that you pull out of your ass.

Real data from real scientists;

NASA - Global Warming

NOAA Paleoclimatology Program - Perspective on Global Warming

7. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,673
    I have heard from NASA weather people that if CO2 was truly going up, we'd have global cooling, not warming. And global cooling is much, much more deadly than warming.
    -------------------------------

How so? If CO2 traps radiation(energy), how does that not lead to an increase in the total energy(heat) of the planet? Sounds like either someone's been pulling your leg or we need to weed out the people at NASA that don't actually understand the science. How'd someone like that get their job anyway? My feeeling is that these "weather people" don't exist.

8. jeffrockit

jeffrockit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Rocksy boy, why don't you read the 1st thing I posted. The link is there, you just don't like what is in it. Face it, the "experts" were proven wrong in 1970 as they will be proven wrong now. I just hope it doesn't take 40 years.
    I will humor you though since you are too lazy to actually read. The following are from 1970:

“Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.”
    • Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University biologist

“We have about five more years at the outside to do something.”
    • Kenneth Watt, ecologist

“Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following grim timetable: by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa. By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions….By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine.”
    • Peter Gunter, professor, North Texas State University

“Scientists have solid experimental and theoretical evidence to support…the following predictions: In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution…by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half….”
    • Life Magazine, January 1970

“By the year 2000, if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate…that there won’t be any more crude oil. You’ll drive up to the pump and say, `Fill ‘er up, buddy,’ and he’ll say, `I am very sorry, there isn’t any.’”
    • Kenneth Watt, Ecologist

AND THE BEST ONE for a nut job warmer such as yourself

“The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.”
    • Kenneth Watt, Ecologist

9. gslack

gslack Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    No dumazz its because people like you blindly follow that which you do not understand... you're a kid we know this and therefore only guilty of being an idiotic child... But the adults like you? THey will get exactly what they work for, a tax on life and an ever more ignorant series of offspring all doing as they are told by their "betters".... THanks for perpetuating ignorance and slavery twerp..... Appreciate that....

10. gslack

gslack Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    Wow and none of it from any Climatologists....... nice......:lol::lol::lol:

hey my mechanic believes in AGW too, want me to quote him for you to use later? :lol::lol: