Same-Sex Marriage

Mars to your Venus? Or have you simply never visited?

Mars to my Venus, for sure. I 'visited' once. I was hitchhiking. I couldn't wait to get out of Texas. I thought it would take FOREVER!

Mars to my Venus, for sure. I 'visited' once. I was hitchhiking. I couldn't wait to get out of Texas. I thought it would take FOREVER!

Hmmmmmmm Hitchhiking thru Texas is a looooong undertaking. I hope nothing bad happened.

In my case, that's quite true. It's the reason I hate Christmas. My relatives!

I don't hate Christmas. My relatives are also good folks as well. Guess I am just a lucky guy. Off to the rack. Work comes early in the day. C'ya round.

I don't hate Christmas. My relatives are also good folks as well. Guess I am just a lucky guy. Off to the rack. Work comes early in the day. C'ya round.

I'm lucky to be rid of my relatives! Night. I'm off too.

I was engaged in the all American male pastime the other day and was channel surfing when lo and behold Maury Povich is on and the show is about whether or not some male person was the procreator of the darling child, smiling blissfully out into a weird world full of crackpots. Especially those who watch or attend these modern circuses. Smiles are deceiving, will this child grow up to be as nutty as the parents. So anyway after a few DNA tests, cheers, hugs, curses, quick exists, and other drama, it occurs to me there are people concerned with whether gays people should be allowed to marry. I want to know why people aren't concerned over the fact heterosexuals are allowed to marry?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/health-and-lifestyle/50615-know-what-really-causes-homosexuality.html

BDD,

If civil unions were guaranteed provided all of the same state and federal rights and benefits of marriage - would you feel that that would "close" the issue? Or do you feel that the homosexual community and their supporters would or should continue to push for their unions to be called "marriages" and legally recognized as marriage?

That isn't bringing out bedroom stuff, that's just a style and fashion. If you are thinking about the sex when someone dresses or acts a certain way then there is a pervert in you. Do you think about sex with a man when you see someone in a kilt? How about a woman in pants?

Yes, it IS bringing out bedroom stuff. The only thing that defines gays as gay is their sexual behavior. PEGWINN's point is -- and it must be a Marine thing -- nobody gives a crap what you want to screw, nor wants to hear about it. And yes, that applies equally to heterosexuals.

Gunny Wrote:
Yes, it IS bringing out bedroom stuff. The only thing that defines gays as gay is their sexual behavior. PEGWINN's point is -- and it must be a Marine thing -- nobody gives a crap what you want to screw, nor wants to hear about it. And yes, that applies equally to heterosexuals.

So straight people should not get married either because it is bringing their sex lives into the public realm?

Please don't jump to an attack, I'm not trying to be deliberately obtuse...I'm asking how one couple wanting to marry is their attempt to bring their sex life into public conversation....but another couple wanting to marry is not...or maybe they both are?

I can understand that some of the more flamboyant gay pride parades certainly make people feel that those participating are flaunting their sex lives for all to see...but I'm not sure how a committed couple who quietly go to the justice of the peace to be married is...can you clarify?

So then everyone's sexuality should remain secret? No matter if you're bi, straight or gay?

That's the question being begged. It would seem there are those who see marriage as the sole providence of religion. Everyone else can go piss off...

Not only that, there is a presumption that the only religion who marries couples is right wing Christian.

My wife and I were married by a judge. So we aren't married nor is she my wife?

That's the question being begged. It would seem there are those who see marriage as the sole providence of religion. Everyone else can go piss off...

Not only that, there is a presumption that the only religion who marries couples is right wing Christian.

For Peter: Please quote specifically where I said either of those things you wrote. Read what I wrote. I simply don't believe that there should be any government agency involved in marraige. IF you wish to make it legal and binding then form an LLC. The tax advantages are better anyway.

Just to be sure:
Marriage should only be a religious ceremony between whomever the Church will agree to perform the ceremony for.

There is no provision in the US Constitution for Congress to Legislate anything to do with Marriage.

The States may do as they please.

For Sky: Where did I say that? I actually said:

Please. Where in the US Constitution is marriage addressed? Because it is silent on the issue the matter is left to the states.

What you need to do is incorporate with your partner. SkyDancer and Friend LLC. A lawyer can set you up in such a way that y'all are covered in all fifty states.

Additionally, you then can get to a church that will perform the ceremony for you. You win. You get all the bennies, you get a beautiful wedding, you get to flip the bird to the various agencies that have no business in the wedding biz, and you retain your private life by not having to proclaim your sexuality IOT make a political point.

I was engaged in the all American male pastime the other day and was channel surfing when lo and behold Maury Povich is on and the show is about whether or not some male person was the procreator of the darling child, smiling blissfully out into a weird world full of crackpots. Especially those who watch or attend these modern circuses. Smiles are deceiving, will this child grow up to be as nutty as the parents. So anyway after a few DNA tests, cheers, hugs, curses, quick exists, and other drama, it occurs to me there are people concerned with whether gays people should be allowed to marry. I want to know why people aren't concerned over the fact heterosexuals are allowed to marry?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/health-and-lifestyle/50615-know-what-really-causes-homosexuality.html

I can't stand that idiots show now, it's all about how young heterosexual women are sleeping with tons of men, and the sad part is that they are more interested in finding out "who's the father" than telling these people that they are perverts. Really, rather hang out with a homosexual couple who are less likely to troll for sex than heteros anyday.

Kit--

I was just adding to your points. I did not mean to imply that you personally presume that the only religion who marries couples is right wing Christian.

Forum List

Back