Same-sex couples start marrying in Conn.

A whacko?

So gay people are whacko, is that it? Is that where your logic is? Gay people cannot get married because they're whacko.

Hate to break it to ya', Dave, even whackos can get married. Why is it most conservatives will find something to be biggoted about? First it was Jews they didn't like, then it was women who shouldn't have rights, then it was blacks who shouldn't have rights, now it's gays. Who's next on your list of hate? Blondes?

Hmmm... nice try moron

Nero was a wacko for many reasons.. I suggest reading up on this history more if you do not understand that

And you mistakenly try and ASSume that I don't believe groups should have rights... please read over my posts to see where you are wrong... but they, nor anyone else has the right to change what is... just as I don't have the right to insist that my dog is a cat, or that I am Eskimo to gain special privilege... recognize the different type of family union, but it is what it is and that is not marriage

Hmmm... nice try moron

Nero was a wacko for many reasons.. I suggest reading up on this history more if you do not understand that

And you mistakenly try and ASSume that I don't believe groups should have rights... please read over my posts to see where you are wrong... but they, nor anyone else has the right to change what is... just as I don't have the right to insist that my dog is a cat, or that I am Eskimo to gain special privilege... recognize the different type of family union, but it is what it is and that is not marriage

Let's play with your argument here. Let's say marriage has been between a man and a woman for thousands of years, since the inception of marriage. And now, gays want to change the definition of marriage to being between two people instead of a man and a woman.

First, how does that effect you? How much extra money do you have to pay the government to be married? Will you lose your marriage because of it? Will something happen to you, negatively that will impact you for the rest of your life?

Second, the United States of America, has changed the definition of marriage several times. First it was between a white man and a white woman. Slaves couldn't get married. Then it was between a white man and white woman and a black man and a black woman... there couldn't be interracial marriages. Then we made it so that black men and white women and white men and black women could marry. You don't have own property anymore, you don't have to meet a certain income level. You name it. Yes, I do see that the constant theme has been between "a man and a woman" but if those definitions can change, why can't these? For hundreds of years it was ok to own a slave... that's the way it's always been. Then we changed the law dis-allowing slavery in the United States. Laws change, people change. For some reason, you don't like the idea of change.

Third, gay men and women serve this country with honor in the military. They have fought beside our men and women and died beside our men and women. If they can die for this country, why can't they have the same rights and privileges we have?

Let's play with your argument here. Let's say marriage has been between a man and a woman for thousands of years, since the inception of marriage. And now, gays want to change the definition of marriage to being between two people instead of a man and a woman.

First, how does that effect you? How much extra money do you have to pay the government to be married? Will you lose your marriage because of it? Will something happen to you, negatively that will impact you for the rest of your life?

Second, the United States of America, has changed the definition of marriage several times. First it was between a white man and a white woman. Slaves couldn't get married. Then it was between a white man and white woman and a black man and a black woman... there couldn't be interracial marriages. Then we made it so that black men and white women and white men and black women could marry. You don't have own property anymore, you don't have to meet a certain income level. You name it. Yes, I do see that the constant theme has been between "a man and a woman" but if those definitions can change, why can't these? For hundreds of years it was ok to own a slave... that's the way it's always been. Then we changed the law dis-allowing slavery in the United States. Laws change, people change. For some reason, you don't like the idea of change.

Third, gay men and women serve this country with honor in the military. They have fought beside our men and women and died beside our men and women. If they can die for this country, why can't they have the same rights and privileges we have?

Does it hurt you personally if Joe McShithead decides to deem himself to be an Eskimo woman instead of a white man? No... But it is not the job of government to change perception of definition of what IS....

Show me constitutionally where marriage was redefined... I'll be waiting....

I do not like government sticking it's nose into places it was never meant to be... they are not in the business of changing fact or reality... there are differences between us all, and all the government should be concerned with is the equal TREATMENT... not the equal label or changing a definition... As far as the government is concerned, a legal union is a legal union... it is the union within the marriage that the government takes into account, the legal contract.... it is not the job of the government to redefine marriage, only to accept the 'other' type of family unit for it's legal rights to inheritance, decision making, etc....

And as for gays in the military.. we had one for a very short while in our unit... and rightfully the guy was relieved of duty... don't speak of what is right in the military unless you have fucking served.. you do not even have a clue as to the impact and complications of such things within a military unit

Last edited:
In case no one noticed, Protestors against Prop 8 in California are boycotting.

Marriage for all couples regardless of gender will soon be a reality.

Every body wants to be Socrates about the gay argument. To me it's no argument. Look what happened to the society of Socrates.:bowdown:

I know I'm arriving a little late to this party. I'm not in favor of gay marriage, I think that marriage has always been between a man and a woman and it should stay that way. Homosexuals can have civil unions if they want to be legally recognized. In fact, all legal "marriages" should be just that, civil unions, and marriages should go back to being ceremonies held in places of worship or where ever the couple deems appropriate.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back