Sam Keen

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Another in a series of good people.

I often use quotes or poem pieces from Keen so I thought it time to share his worldview, a honest yet postive view. An interesting video, take a listen regardless of faith.

FORA.tv - Sam Keen: In The Absence of God

"A society in which vocation and job are separated for most people gradually creates an economy that is often devoid of spirit, one that frequently fills our pocketbooks at the cost of emptying our souls." Sam Keen

Sam Keen: Get Over It!

"The world over there is justifiable outrage about the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. We demonize BP for careless and greedy a practice that makes a mockery of their claim to be leaders in developing sources of clean energy. We are all too eager to make the big corporations pay a carbon tax to force them or adopt the discipline of cap and trade. We love the drug but hate the pushers. Alas, we are almost totally unwilling to shoulder our individual guilt for demanding cheap oil or to take any meaningful steps toward conservation. We demand the right to consume at any cost to the environment."

Whose Carbon Debt? « Sam Keen

Home « Sam Keen

Sojourners: Christians for Justice and Peace

"We first kill people with our minds, before we kill them with weapons. Whatever the conflict, the enemy is always the destroyer. We're on God's side; they're barbaric. We're good, they're evil. War gives us a feeling of moral clarity that we lack at other times." Sam Keen

Another in a series of good people.

I often use quotes or poem pieces from Keen so I thought it time to share his worldview, a honest yet postive view. An interesting video, take a listen regardless of faith.

FORA.tv - Sam Keen: In The Absence of God

"A society in which vocation and job are separated for most people gradually creates an economy that is often devoid of spirit, one that frequently fills our pocketbooks at the cost of emptying our souls." Sam Keen

Sam Keen: Get Over It!

"The world over there is justifiable outrage about the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. We demonize BP for careless and greedy a practice that makes a mockery of their claim to be leaders in developing sources of clean energy. We are all too eager to make the big corporations pay a carbon tax to force them or adopt the discipline of cap and trade. We love the drug but hate the pushers. Alas, we are almost totally unwilling to shoulder our individual guilt for demanding cheap oil or to take any meaningful steps toward conservation. We demand the right to consume at any cost to the environment."

Whose Carbon Debt? « Sam Keen

Home « Sam Keen

Sojourners: Christians for Justice and Peace

"We first kill people with our minds, before we kill them with weapons. Whatever the conflict, the enemy is always the destroyer. We're on God's side; they're barbaric. We're good, they're evil. War gives us a feeling of moral clarity that we lack at other times." Sam Keen

Is this tongue in cheek or does he believe thsi?

Forum List

Back