Sam Bacile, Anti-Islam Filmmaker, In Hiding After Egypt/Libya Protests

Romney's childish Obama attacks are soooo unpresidential. Romney is a foreign policy idiot.

The foreign policy idiot is Obama. He helped depose Gadaffi without having a clue who would take over. He did the same to Mubarak in Egypt. Syria however..Obama has been warned by Russia that we should stay out of it and so that's what we'll do. I can't think of anything that Romney can do that would be worse than what we have now. Obama..moron in chief.

By Eric Lach

Updated: September 12, 2012, 6:30 PM

Who is Sam Bacile? So far, the answer depends on who you ask and what you read.

Early reports after Tuesday’s violence against American diplomatic posts in Egypt and Libya identified Bacile as the producer and director of an absurd anti-Muslim film blamed for inspiring the anger of the mobs.

But his biography remains sketchy at best. He has claimed to be a real estate developer, but nobody with his name has a real-estate license or appears in corporation records in California. He has been described as Israeli, but Israeli officials have not confirmed or denied that he is a citizen. He has also claimed to have raised millions for his film, but the results, a low-budget, offensive mess, seem to speak for themselves.

What is known is that in the first two days of July, someone with the YouTube username “Sam Bacile” uploaded two similar previews for a supposed full-length feature film called “Innocence of Muslims.” The same user uploaded an overdubbed version, apparently in Arabic, on Sept. 4.

Beyond the YouTube postings, essentially nothing about Bacile’s life can be publicly verified. Details reported by news outlets Tuesday and Wednesday morning were often in conflict with one another. And on Wednesday afternoon, The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg spoke with a “self-described militant Christian activist” named Steve Klein, who served as a consultant on the film, and who told Goldberg that the name Sam Bacile itself is a fake.

“I don’t know that much about him,” Klein said. “I met him, I spoke to him for an hour. He’s not Israeli, no. I can tell you this for sure, the State of Israel is not involved, Terry Jones (the radical Christian Quran-burning pastor) is not involved. His name is a pseudonym. All these Middle Eastern folks I work with have pseudonyms. I doubt he’s Jewish. I would suspect this is a disinformation campaign.”

Klein’s comments to Goldberg contradict reports from the Associated Press and The Wall Street Journal, which both claimed to have spoken with Bacile on Tuesday.

More: Sam Bacile: Unknown Man Behind ‘Innocence Of Muslims’ | TPMMuckraker

Just like cowards...
Deceived, Had No Idea It Was About Islam
The story of the Muhammed movie which sparked deadly protests in Libya and Egypt gets weirder. The actors who appeared in it had no idea they were starring in anti-Islam propaganda which depicts Muhammed as a child molester and thug. They were deceived by the film's director, believing they were appearing in a film about the life of a generic Egyptian 2,000 years ago.
Cindy Lee Garcia, an actress from Bakersfield, Calif., has a small role in the Muhammed movie as a woman whose young daughter is given to Muhammed to marry. But in a phone interview this afternoon, Garcia told us she had no idea she was participating in an offensive spoof on the life of Muhammed when she answered a casting call through an agency last summer and got the part.
The script she was given was titled simply Desert Warriors.
"It was going to be a film based on how things were 2,000 years ago," Garcia said. "It wasn't based on anything to do with religion, it was just on how things were run in Egypt. There wasn't anything about Muhammed or Muslims or anything."
In the script and during the shooting, nothing indicated the controversial nature of the final product, now called Muslim Innocence. Muhammed wasn't even called Muhammed; he was "Master George," Garcia said. The word "Muhammed" was dubbed over in post-production, as were essentially all other offensive references to Islam and Muhammed.

This "Israeli Jew" should spend more time exposing the flaws of Israel and how it inflames the Middle East.

You're an anti-semitic PIG.. Say oink! Backwards FUCK. Democrats = the enemy of Israel

Liberals love to show how anti-religion they are when it involves a religion they feel safe with. They so boldly mock Christianity and tell themselves they are being 'edgy' and anti-authoritarian. They indulge in outright anti-Semitism in the guise of criticising Israel. But when it comes to Islam, they take one look at the rabid, violent mobs and suddenly they find great respect for the beliefs of others. Cowardly hypocrites.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back