Salute to "Impenitent" (Jim Guinn, USMB Vet and Political Poet/Satirist)

Who

Who writes the script and directs the production?
Is the house in the sky still under construction?
A fiery wheel beyond our control--
or an excited gambler on a lucky roll.
Who will help the judge who waits,
just inside of glory's gates?

It

What streams through this tunnel of light,
is stars on fire in a funnel of night.
These heavenly fires to which we aspire,
are they beacons to glory?
Or another tall story?
For a story without telling,
is a rose without smelling...

Calls

It's made of mind,
and it's all ours.
For it'll do fine,
as long as it's secure...
So, in the mire,
set your roots.
Call a heavenly fire,
to extend your shoots:
Then the mundane is recanted,
when you blossom where you're planted.

:salute:

Muse

Ever since our chance encounter
Time ceases as my thoughts I peruse
I recall our warm friendly banter
And writing poems to my Muse

That illusion will always endear
Oh Erato, I relive it every day
You play your song to my ear
Our words dance in grand ballet

Will you rekindle that burning moment
For I fear the ember will fade
And I'll never again have that token
It will have been a mere charade

Perhaps you once again sight this
Please take my hand and write this..

Hoorah! She beckons to me again
Calling, calling through the murkiness
Was I was not rejected with disdain
Please, with your sonnet allay my anxiousness

"Tho we are but fragile souls of twain
It was my delight to fill your emptiness
Have my song and love, forget your pain
But know that my gifts are not limitless'

' I poured myself on you, it was never feigned
Just as for you, it was for me - timeless
But Poet, giving unrequited left me weak - drained
Be not selfish in our rhyming symbiosis"

0h Muse, my pretense could you not see through
My songs, my poems, my love - they were for you

- Impenitent to a lady

I'm very sorry to hear this sad news. What I remember about Impenitent is the many discussions we had about Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible. Some of our discussions went on for days. I pray God comforts his family and loved ones in the days ahead.

This is sad news. Impenitent posted last in early October. I remember him mentioning a few times that he wasn't feeling his best. I hope he's flying high on his new wings.

Who

Who writes the script and directs the production?
Is the house in the sky still under construction?
A fiery wheel beyond our control--
or an excited gambler on a lucky roll.
Who will help the judge who waits,
just inside of glory's gates?

It

What streams through this tunnel of light,
is stars on fire in a funnel of night.
These heavenly fires to which we aspire,
are they beacons to glory?
Or another tall story?
For a story without telling,
is a rose without smelling...

Calls

It's made of mind,
and it's all ours.
For it'll do fine,
as long as it's secure...
So, in the mire,
set your roots.
Call a heavenly fire,
to extend your shoots:
Then the mundane is recanted,
when you blossom where you're planted.

:salute:

I read some of his work here. He had a lot of talent for writing.

We should have a special section for RIPs, where the trolls can't go and "funny" the posts of people who are trying to convey their sympathies in their own way. The trolling here is just out of control. Is nothing off limits to the sickos?

We should have a special section for RIPs, where the trolls can't go and "funny" the posts of people who are trying to convey their sympathies in their own way. The trolling here is just out of control. Is nothing off limits to the sickos?
Hi ChrisL maybe that means they said something "charming and funny" in a touching way, much in the spirit of how Jim had a funny story telling style. His humor was always good natured even when spoofing and poking fun, always a gentleman .

I am deeply moved by everyone's tributes and posts here, and am sure Impenitent would feel honored and even amazed because he thought he was more despised than liked on here. If he got a single like on his posts that meant a lot, since he couldn't tell if people got his humor or not . thank you everyone , for sharing the love . I almost felt like crying yesterday, reading and taking in all the sweet thoughts and sympathy, so when it finally hits me that he's gone I know there's you I can go crying to. I just want to grab everything he ever posted online and edit it into a book that captures his spirit, that old school integrity and charm I want to preserve as a relic and cornerstone of our culture, and never want to see go out of style. He is such a treasure, I feel that spirit in him is what makes him immortal. I want to capture that in a bottle, frame it, and publish it for the world to see. Just loved that about him so much, and can never get enough.

Goodbye to my dear friend Jim, but I can't help to think this is just the beginning of a historic quest. Like trying to compile an anthology of Emily Dickinson's poems, but its Jim's stories songs and poems. I hope and pray I can find preserve and publish them. His wonderful way with words and writing, and just being and talking was everything I love most. That will always be with me. But I feel it would be selfish not to share this treasure with everyone else . Lord help me if there is any way at all to collect all his treaures and compile an anthology for his family legacy and for posterity. Can this be done? I'd love to create a historic archive online and ask help to collect his work and posts from all websites in one place! It may be selfish of me to want to capture his whole spirit and all his writing so I can hold on and treasure that part of him that can be captured in words, but at least I can share the treasures with others. Is that too much to try for? Would love to try!

Jim if your spirit is still within our reach, help me, guide me. Whatever is Gods will with your wisdom and words you left begin, show me what to do. If these need to be organized and published, lead me and let me know what to do to do what needs to be done. Where is your writing and what can I do to get it together? Please hear my prayer , in Jesus name, whatever God has joined and united in Christ by conscience let nothing put asunder. May all the truth spoken with loving wisdom and compassion be shared and established in keeping with Gods perfect will to uplift and benefit all humanity. In the name of peace truth and justice , which is God Jesus and the Holy Spirit, Amen and thanks be to All for the blessing and gifts that continue to multiply to share with others. Thank you.

Jim you know that I love you and will miss you, but will always carry you with me and push to find ways to express and share that with others. Your spirit and love and style in writing lives on in me and needs to find a way to finish its path. Please help me forge that path. I am so grateful for the honor of knowing you and anything I can do to find and finish publishing your work. Whatever Gods will is with what he gave you to write down, please always be with me in fulfilling that course.

Love always,
Your friend and fellow co-conspirator
in the divine comedy of political parody,
Emily who really misses you at the same time I know you are with me. We will always be stuck in this plane of realiry making fun of everyone else's politics, so I know you are there in spirit. Just tell where to find your writing and where I should publish it and I will. Just wish we had had more time to do this together but I can't complain about having any time with you at all that I will always treasure.

Thanks Jim you live on in my heart and will always make me laugh and smile even when politics gets ugly. Your charming spin and gentle humor trumps all that and I want the world to have the same!

And no, it's not making it about me as one person said to me...

It's about making the connection between him and me.

We had many, many long pms.

Maybe this person doesn't know how to make those connections. They're two way.
I hope there is an afterlife just for good people like Jim. I was reading through some PMs as well and he suffered so at the end. He couldn't write anymore and that is what he loved to do.

He put a lot of effort into making those PMs even readable.

He made the long drive to his VA clinic and then sat there all day waiting for treatment. Smh...

Maybe they'll let us share some of those better PMs. He was a lot of fun to talk to.

And no, it's not making it about me as one person said to me...

It's about making the connection between him and me.

We had many, many long pms.

Maybe this person doesn't know how to make those connections. They're two way.
I hope there is an afterlife just for good people like Jim. I was reading through some PMs as well and he suffered so at the end. He couldn't write anymore and that is what he loved to do.

He put a lot of effort into making those PMs even readable.

He made the long drive to his VA clinic and then sat there all day waiting for treatment. Smh...

Maybe they'll let us share some of those better PMs. He was a lot of fun to talk to.

Trump needs to fix up the sickness that is stealing the money from our veterans.

Impenitent was pretty gentlemanly and he had mental tangents that kept me very alert. :D We laughed at the idea of 'impenitence' in Judaism since it is clear that the name pick is of a Christian influence and not Judaic. :D

As far as our ending this mortal coil? I have studied the Tanakh in it's original format and I think that everyone goes. The more stain we carry, the longer it takes us to finish the trip.

I wasn't here for the last year and change so I missed all that time.

Thank you Jim, for your open heart and compassion. You will be missed.

Mr and Mrs Gracie.

sympathy-quotes.jpg

Just looked it up.. Only moderation note Impenitent EVER got was from me. (in modern age USMB anyways) And I wrote him up because he placed a poem to me in the Enviro Forum... And I hated myself for doing it because I laughed silly when I read his work..

In fact -- I snipped the poem and some of the posts and moved it to the Flame Zone -- because I was so flattered.

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I'll always have that remembrance bookmarked. And I'll miss the guy..

:rofl:

But I have jousted with your type many times before. They weren't stalked - but, they were defeated!

I remember those days. Those posts are all over this place.

Never knew how to respond to news like this. "RIP" and the like have always rolled off the tongue with a self-serving lilt, at least to my own ear. The posthumous well wish, otherwise known as the ultimate contradiction in terms.

Looking back, I'm grateful that Imp gave me the opportunity to say goodbye to him via PM back in late August.

Forum List

Back