Salutations

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lutroo, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lutroo

Lutroo Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +627
    Well. It's the wee hours of the morning, so I think I'll call it a night. As expected, I got a lot of flack from people just for being me. I'll leave it to you to decide if it was justified, or not. More importantly, I have had many friendly replies. Thank you for every one of them. Good night, and God bless.

2. xband

xband Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,311
    Nobody wrote a personal attack against you. This is an educational forum and we were merely discussing reality. Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.

3. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,588

There is evidence of Kings and towns, and even possibly of a flood, but none of that is evidence of the claimed holy nature of God or Jesus, or any of the specific information needed to even imply that the stories of the bible are real. At best, it shows the many authors of the Bible lived some time near the time of your evidence, and knew what any other person would have known about the politics and geography of that area, and were aware of many of the same stories that had been told for hundreds of years and credited a wide range of people. Lots of fanciful writings have been set in real cities, but that doesn't make them true. There are also accounts of Early Christians, but that only shows the beginnings of a religion, not the accuracy or authenticity of the Bible. I even believe there could have been someone, or several someones named Jesus, but nothing to show a Jesus with supernatural powers, other than the Bible. I don't question whether there were ancient civilizations. I just haven't seen any evidence of a man-God who could perform miracles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,002
    Thread is closed. This is forum is for greeting new members only. Take debates to the proper forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.