salon.com thought this story was so important

This story came out in december of 2003 by 'american conservative magazine' and it didnt make a big stink then. now that salon put it out its supposed to matter to my fellow liberals?

I'm dissapointed already. :wtf:

i think the most startling thing about it is to think if it were a *gasp* DEMOCRAT standing accused of all this. he would have been crucified by now.

A high-ranking military officer reveals how Defense Department extremists suppressed information and twisted the truth to drive the country to war.
couldnt make it past this...

strange it is, and i can eat jsut about anything and not get sick, but put a few words together...

Silly Spilly and his little websites have this effect on people !:p:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Did I become invisible or something? :confused:
someone say something...?
lol
naw we seen ya there, but this is still news to me. i keep my head in a hole msot of the time

i'm a bit disappointed that the content has been totally disregarded, and reduced to bush loving banter. :( not really suprised, however...

Silly Spilly and his little websites have this effect on people !
actually, i never really got what you were meaning when you said:
Nah, not a US Message board offical, but you can be damn sure the people make our laws open an ear when people in my circle speak. Where do you think all that wonderful soft money comes from ?
...it just shows what a poser repressor you wish you were. :eek: but that's another issue altogether. :laugh:

i thought that this (on page 4):

It is interesting today that the "defense" for those who lied or prevaricated about Iraq is to point the finger at the intelligence. But the National Intelligence Estimate, published in September 2002, as remarked upon recently by former CIA Middle East chief Ray McGovern, was an afterthought. It was provoked only after Sens. Bob Graham and Dick Durban noted in August 2002, as Congress was being asked to support a resolution for preemptive war, that no NIE elaborating real threats to the United States had been provided. In fact, it had not been written, but a suitable NIE was dutifully prepared and submitted the very next month. Naturally, this document largely supported most of the outrageous statements already made publicly by Bush, Cheney, Rice and Rumsfeld about the threat Iraq posed to the United States. All the caveats, reservations and dissents made by intelligence were relegated to footnotes and kept from the public. Funny how that worked.
summed it all up.

i know you people just really DON'T want to read this, because it's credible, and it came from a long time employee who is not plugging a partisan argument. truth is rough sometimes, no?

Originally posted by spillmind
i'm a bit disappointed that the content has been totally disregarded, and reduced to bush loving banter.

Can you point out this "Bush loving banter" you speak of? I can't seem to locate it in this thread. :D

for a minute there i thought this was a serious post, not something from/ associated with MoveOn

I've seen these articles before, so called insiders who saw at best 1% of all information comming in the office and trying to fill in the last 99% with hearsay and speculation. THe only reason why any news orginazation would tought this info is because the guy is a millitary turncoat. So a Lt. Cl is a creddiable source all the sudden. It has no basis, notice how he was never able to get that peice of papper that had all his assumptions on it, because it doesn't exsits. He is a lib who ws against the war and justiifed his actions and resignation by presenting an argument bassed not on fact, but assumptions and hersay.

This guy is a poster child of the left and the peaceniks, he sould have never joined the millitary if he thought war was wrong.

kcmcdonald:

to sum up your argument in a nutshell:
This guy is a poster child of the left and the peaceniks, he sould have never joined the millitary if he thought war was wrong.
this is 'he':
About the writer:
Karen Kwiatkowski now lives in western Virginia on a small farm with her family, teaches an American foreign policy class at James Madison University, and writes regularly for militaryweek.com on security and defense issues.

do us all a favor and READ the damn thing before you dismiss it all as all nonsesne, wouldya? :rolleyes: it's very well documented- and jeez, you might actually LEARN something if you take those blinders off once in a while! :laugh:

jim:

Can you point out this "Bush loving banter" you speak of? I can't seem to locate it in this thread.
ok, you got me there on making too large an assumption. but what american that cares about their country WOULDN'T want to know what an actual account was like? mind you, this is not some partisan berkeley hippie.

for a minute there i thought this was a serious post, not something from/ associated with MoveOn
jeezus people, get over the stigma. because it made it there DOESN'T MEAN IT ORIGINATED FROM THERE, and automatically puts up big barriers and you all clamp your hands over your ears? :eek:

...so much for an unbais perspective. you've all proven what lack of objectivity you have by simply dismissing the whole account. hey, it's your right to ignorance! :laugh:

oh, and johnney:

oh (insert picture of a gun) give me strength :confused:

'and then it has it kissed where the sea to end is weak and pale their lips and its eyes becomes wet

The last kiss is so long ago the last kiss it remembers no longer'
:confused: this is random, but what is this stuff all about?

Forum List

Back