Salon: Bolt Action Rifles are Military Grade Killing Machines, Ban Them

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Founders wanted to make government have to think twice about becoming tyrannical, abusive, and oppressive. That is why they wanted citizens to have the ability to be legally armed. Yes, the citizens may lose, but it would make a tyrannical government have to pay a price, and bullies usually don't want to do that.
The Founders wanted us to be able to shoot our elected officials if we think they`re tyrannical etc.? That`s incredibly stupid. I have a Senator from 2 different political parties but how do I know which one I`m supposed to murder. Should I kill them both? Who is it that`s feeding you morons this kind of shit?

You put it in simplistic terms....
But yes the 2nd is about stopping a tyrannical government.
How the hell can you not know that?

So? The intent of the Second Amendment was to put the average citizen on a equal footing with the common soldier. The intent was for citizens to possess military weapons. Whether it be muskets, lever action rifles, bolt action rifles, handguns, full auto, and anything else a foot soldier would carry.

For the time, it wasn't to put the common person on the same level as the Federal Military Person. It was to put the State Military or State Militia on the same footing as the Federal Military. And to give you the right to have self defense. It gave both. And they were not connected in any way.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

Yes there is

" The right of the people "

Which applies strictly to individuals
No, it doesn't. The People and the Militia are collective and plural not Individual.
Wrong

Only individuals have rights just like in other amendments.
The unorganized militia may be infringed in the keeping and bearing Arms when not for their State or the Union.
Wrong.

Individuals have the right to keep and bear arms whether in the militia or not.

That is precisely what the second says and means .

Learn English.
I have always understood English better than You.

Subject to the Police power of a State, you have a natural right to defense of self and property with Arms.
Clearly you do not grasp it better as has been proven on this thread and any other which you post on.

Yes there is

" The right of the people "

Which applies strictly to individuals
No, it doesn't. The People and the Militia are collective and plural not Individual.
The Supreme Court disagrees with you.
Our Second Amendment is Express not Implied. We have a Ninth Amendment. Any questions?
And you are wrong as the second amendment clearly expresses and the courts have proven.
Our Ninth Amendment is Express not Implied. Any questions?
And it is irrelevant

We have a Second Amendment; why do we have any security problems in our free States?

Because a piece of paper has yet to do any protection ever. In the end, it takes a person or persons to do that.
This is a State's sovereign right and Obligation to the People and citizenry of the State: The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

The right wing is merely whining about taxes and trying cut social services for the Poor, instead of having a "hard work ethic" and insisting on mustering for the security of their free State.

Wrong

The unorganized militia may be infringed in the keeping and bearing Arms when not for their State or the Union.
Wrong.

Learn English.

Subject to the Police power of a State, you have a natural right to defense of self and property with Arms.
Clearly you do not grasp it better as has been proven on this thread and any other which you post on.
i gainsay your contention; want to argue about it?

Our Second Amendment is Express not Implied. We have a Ninth Amendment. Any questions?
And you are wrong as the second amendment clearly expresses and the courts have proven.
And it is irrelevant
not in any federal venue.

Wrong

Wrong.

Learn English.

Already have and you already lost.

And it is irrelevant
not in any federal venue.
To this discussion it is

Wrong.

Learn English.

in right wing fantasy, you are Always right.

Wrong.

Learn English.

No not always

Just when debating you and that is reality and neither right nor left

It is fact and you well know it

I have absolutely zero problem with a person owning a bolt action rifle.

Not only are they more accurate than semi automatics, but it takes a lot longer than 30 seconds to throw 30 rounds downrange. If we had only bolt action rifles, mass shootings would be a thing of the past.

What kind of rifle dud Timothy McVeigh use?

McVeigh didn't use a rifle, he used a Ryder truck filled with 5,000 lbs of ammonium nitrate. He used that to blow up the Murrah building in OKC.

And, while he was a veteran who spent a bunch of time at gun shows, he mainly spent his time there advocating for the assassination of the FBI sniper that was at Waco.

We have a Second Amendment; why do we have any security problems in our free States?

Because a piece of paper has yet to do any protection ever. In the end, it takes a person or persons to do that.
This is a State's sovereign right and Obligation to the People and citizenry of the State: The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

The right wing is merely whining about taxes and trying cut social services for the Poor, instead of having a "hard work ethic" and insisting on mustering for the security of their free State.
You need a link and source for that quote.

I have absolutely zero problem with a person owning a bolt action rifle.

Not only are they more accurate than semi automatics, but it takes a lot longer than 30 seconds to throw 30 rounds downrange. If we had only bolt action rifles, mass shootings would be a thing of the past.

What kind of rifle dud Timothy McVeigh use?

McVeigh didn't use a rifle, he used a Ryder truck filled with 5,000 lbs of ammonium nitrate. He used that to blow up the Murrah building in OKC.

And, while he was a veteran who spent a bunch of time at gun shows, he mainly spent his time there advocating for the assassination of the FBI sniper that was at Waco.

Right.

Hence, my sarcasm.

No not always

Just when debating you and that is reality and neither right nor left

It is fact and you well know it
isn't right wing fantasy, wonderful.

you need a valid argument for a rebuttal, regardless, under the common law for the common defense.

you need a valid argument for a rebuttal, regardless, under the common law for the common defense.
No I do not.

You need to provide a source with a link or it is meaningless tripe you dreamed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back