Salon: Bolt Action Rifles are Military Grade Killing Machines, Ban Them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have absolutely zero problem with a person owning a bolt action rifle.

Not only are they more accurate than semi automatics, but it takes a lot longer than 30 seconds to throw 30 rounds downrange. If we had only bolt action rifles, mass shootings would be a thing of the past.

If we only had prohibition back, drunk drivers would be a thing of the past.

If we only banned elevators, people falling down elevators shafts would be a thing of the past.

If we only banned silverware, people being obese would be a thing of the past.

If only your Daddy had used a condom, you wouldn't make ignorant posts like that!

Not only are they more accurate than semi automatics, but it takes a lot longer than 30 seconds to throw 30 rounds downrange. If we had only bolt action rifles, mass shootings would be a thing of the past.
You sure Charles Whitman shot and killed 16 people and wounded 31 others using primarly a bolt action rifle someone who knows how to shoot can be just as deadly with a bolt action rifle as anyone with an AR-15 or similar type rifle.

The only reason the Sandy Hook shooter killed so many was his choice of target....he chose the most helpless victims.....kindergarten students, as his target...knowing they couldn't fight back or escape...he could have killed just as many with a bolt action rifle with 5 minutes to do the killing before the police arrived...

You sure Charles Whitman shot and killed 16 people and wounded 31 others using primarly a bolt action rifle someone who knows how to shoot can be just as deadly with a bolt action rifle as anyone with an AR-15 or similar type rifle.

The only reason the Sandy Hook shooter killed so many was his choice of target....he chose the most helpless victims.....kindergarten students, as his target...knowing they couldn't fight back or escape...he could have killed just as many with a bolt action rifle with 5 minutes to do the killing before the police arrived...
That or even a six shot revolver.

“Saturday Night Specials” (cheap handguns) = Bad, must be banned

“Military Style Handguns” (expensive handguns) = Bad, must be banned

“Assault Weapons” (inaccurate, short-range rifles) = Bad, must be banned

“Sniper Rifles” (accurate, long-range rifles) = Bad, must be banned

Anybody who plays along is a fool.

Salon: Now No One Needs Bolt Action Rifles Either - The Truth About Guns
We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems; organize the militia.

So are bathtubs. Ban them too ! ( actually I've never owned one....... or a piece of carpet and no wallpaper or phony ass paneling either)

You forgot ladders and buckets. If you want the horror to stop you have to ban those to. Oh, did you know gardenotools are weapons of war to?

Cologne school massacre - Wikipedia

The Cologne school massacre was a mass murder that occurred at the Catholic elementary school (katholische Volksschule) located in the suburb of Volkhoven in Cologne, West Germany on 11 June 1964. The perpetrator, Walter Seifert, also known as "Der Feuerteufel von Volkhoven" (firedevil of Volkhoven), attacked the people at the school with a home-made flamethrower and a spear, killing eight pupils and two teachers, and wounding twenty-two others. When police arrived at the scene he fled from the school compound and poisoned himself. He was taken to a hospital, where he died the same evening.[1][2][3]

I wouldn't go that far, if all semi-autos were banned, the crazies would switch to pump-action shot-guns.

Wrong...

Cumbria....Britain......13 dead, pump action shotgun and bolt action rifle...it is the gun free zone target that allows for the killing, not the gun.

Cumbria shootings - Wikipedia

Texas shooting....10 dead, pump action shotgun, revolver...

Texas school shooter used shotgun, pistol in deadly assault

used two firearms: a shotgun and .38 caliber revolver, both of which he got from his father. Ten were left dead, mostly students.

Okay, so according to you guys, if semi automatic rifles are banned, the crazies are just gonna shift to pump action shotguns and lever action rifles? Well, considering that shotguns have a much shorter range than rifles, as well as the fact that they don't carry that many rounds, you might still have a few people killed, but the body count would be much less than if it was an AR-15 with a 30 round mag.

As far as using a lever action rifle? Again, they don't hold nearly as many rounds, and while a person who practices quite a bit with one MIGHT become proficient enough to do a mass shooting, your average person wouldn't. To get good enough to throw a lot of rounds down range in a short amount of time requires a lot of practice. Yes..................I've seen some of the YouTube videos showing professionals who are very good at what they do, but I can assure you.......they didn't just pick up the weapon and start throwing high amounts of lead down range. There was a lot of practice that came first.

I wouldn't go that far, if all semi-autos were banned, the crazies would switch to pump-action shot-guns.

Wrong...

Cumbria....Britain......13 dead, pump action shotgun and bolt action rifle...it is the gun free zone target that allows for the killing, not the gun.

used two firearms: a shotgun and .38 caliber revolver, both of which he got from his father. Ten were left dead, mostly students.

Okay, so according to you guys, if semi automatic rifles are banned, the crazies are just gonna shift to pump action shotguns and lever action rifles? Well, considering that shotguns have a much shorter range than rifles, as well as the fact that they don't carry that many rounds, you might still have a few people killed, but the body count would be much less than if it was an AR-15 with a 30 round mag.

As far as using a lever action rifle? Again, they don't hold nearly as many rounds, and while a person who practices quite a bit with one MIGHT become proficient enough to do a mass shooting, your average person wouldn't. To get good enough to throw a lot of rounds down range in a short amount of time requires a lot of practice. Yes..................I've seen some of the YouTube videos showing professionals who are very good at what they do, but I can assure you.......they didn't just pick up the weapon and start throwing high amounts of lead down range. There was a lot of practice that came first.
No what we are saying is the target has as much to do with the death toll in a mass shooting as the weapon used if not more Newtown packed classroom of small children, Auroa packed movie theater, Pulse packed nightclub in all three of these because of the setting you could have still had a large death toll without using an AR-15. This is not always the case but a lot of times it is.

I hope front loading muskets are okay with Salon.
Primary weapon of Revolutionists, gotta go.
What about knifes about 3 or 4 times as many people are killed with knifes
That’s what the UK is doing now. Gun free London murder rate is higher than gun filled New York so now they are going after knives.

Illegal guns are flooding into Britain, the British police have stated this. With their willingness to stab each other to death, shooting deaths will likely increase as well.

Wrong...

Pump action shotguns.....would kill just as many people, they would simply change targets ......

And we don't base our Rights on wether or not a few people will abuse them.....11 people committed mass public shootings in 2017, 117 people were killed....rifles were used to kill 403 people in total that year.......there are close to 600 million guns in private hands..... close to 8 million AR-15 rifles........cars kill 38,000 people in 2017, yet you don't call for a ban on those...

Knives kill more people each and every year than all rifles do, not just AR-15 rifles....why won't you ban those?

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Rifles...still kill fewer people each year than knives... 403

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

You have no logic to back your call for banning these rifles and magazines.....you make no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back