Saline in IV's may increase risk of death, kidney failure

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
IV bags filled with saline solution are one of the most common items in hospitals. But new research suggests replacing the saline with a different intravenous solution may significantly reduce risks of death and kidney damage among patients.
Saline in IVs May Increase Risk of Death, Kidney Failure
-------------------------------------------------

Oh this be something the FDA passed as safe, oh but wait trust those Governmental Gods why they'd never give you anything that would harm you or make you sick, never, just like those trusty vaccines they tell you their bs on and how safe they are meanwhile they give them to you for a virus they haven't a clue as to which one will hit.
Mkkk . alright then.

Look for the link before looking like an idiot. =)

Last edited:
  • Banned
I've heard this before...very interesting...

Yeah imagine how many were sickened from this bs. Just like everything else they sell us as " safe" twenty years later it' kills you,

The Government, Big Pharma, LIE LIKE FKN RUGS..just like they did about POT for the past forty years or so.... And that shit is the safer than any of this fake ass man made drug bs.

IV bags filled with saline solution are one of the most common items in hospitals. But new research suggests replacing the saline with a different intravenous solution may significantly reduce risks of death and kidney damage among patients.
Saline in IVs May Increase Risk of Death, Kidney Failure
-------------------------------------------------

Oh this be something the FDA passed as safe, oh but wait trust those Governmental Gods why they'd never give you anything that would harm you or make you sick, never, just like those trusty vaccines they tell you their bs on and how safe they are meanwhile they give them to you for a virus they haven't a clue as to which one will hit.
Mkkk . alright then.

Look for the link before looking like an idiot. =)

Yep, it must be a conspiracy by the government, it couldn't be that new research ever increases knowledge or anything.

And while it might reduce a significant number of negative outcomes to switch, to be clear, the article says that the difference would be about 1%. That would be a large number of cases because of how often an IV is used.

I won't comment on the conspiracy theory stuff. I will say that I've noticed the hospitals just love to stick a needle in your arm and give you IV fluids though. I remember one time I was sick and I went to the hospital. Turns out they said I was dehydrated and gave me IV fluids as a healthy 23 year old woman. As if I couldn't go home and drink some water??? They like the $$. They charge you an exorbitant amount of money for a bag of salted water.

I won't comment on the conspiracy theory stuff. I will say that I've noticed the hospitals just love to stick a needle in your arm and give you IV fluids though. I remember one time I was sick and I went to the hospital. Turns out they said I was dehydrated and gave me IV fluids as a healthy 23 year old woman. As if I couldn't go home and drink some water??? They like the $$. They charge you an exorbitant amount of money for a bag of salted water.
If you’re sick enough to be in the hospital and found to be dehydrated, odds are you need to be hydrated more quickly than just a few glasses of water will do it

If you’re sick enough to be in the hospital and found to be dehydrated, odds are you need to be hydrated more quickly than just a few glasses of water will do it

They only thought I was dehydrated because my BP was low, but my BP ALWAYS runs low. Around 90/60 usually.

I went in because I was having these horrible cramps in my stomach (which I STILL get sometimes). They thought I was dehydrated. Turns out I have levator muscle spasms.
Those cramps could have been due to lack of potassium, due to dehydration, which can lead to heart failure. Better safe than sorry. Time can be of the essence, in such a case. I went in for foot surgery, knew I had occasional muscle spasms, mid 20’s, always run low blood pressure, and thought nothing of it. They had to postpone surgery, after doing blood work up, while they fed me iv potassium, because I was so dehydrated it had lead to potassium depletion and had no idea, I was on the verge of heart death-

Potassium levels below 3,0 mmol/l cause significant Q-T interval prolongation with subsequent risk of torsade des pointes, ventricular fibrillation and sudden cardiac death.

The clinical manifestations of hypokalemia include gastrointestinal hypomotility or ileus, muscle weakness or cramping.

The most dangerous aspect of hypokalemia is the risk of ECG changes (QT prolongation, appearance of U waves that may mimic atrial flutter, T-wave flattening, or ST-segment depression) resulting in potentially lethal cardiac dysrhythmia. The pro-arrhythmic risk of hypokalemia is significantly increased when hypokalemia occurrs simultaneously with other pro-arrhythmic setting (table 2).
Hypokalemia and the heart

Better safe than sorry.

I went in because I was having these horrible cramps in my stomach (which I STILL get sometimes). They thought I was dehydrated. Turns out I have levator muscle spasms.
Those cramps could have been due to lack of potassium, due to dehydration, which can lead to heart failure. Better safe than sorry. Time can be of the essence, in such a case. I went in for foot surgery, knew I had occasional muscle spasms, mid 20’s, always run low blood pressure, and thought nothing of it. They had to postpone surgery, after doing blood work up, while they fed me iv potassium, because I was so dehydrated it had lead to potassium depletion and had no idea, I was on the verge of heart death-

Potassium levels below 3,0 mmol/l cause significant Q-T interval prolongation with subsequent risk of torsade des pointes, ventricular fibrillation and sudden cardiac death.

The clinical manifestations of hypokalemia include gastrointestinal hypomotility or ileus, muscle weakness or cramping.

The most dangerous aspect of hypokalemia is the risk of ECG changes (QT prolongation, appearance of U waves that may mimic atrial flutter, T-wave flattening, or ST-segment depression) resulting in potentially lethal cardiac dysrhythmia. The pro-arrhythmic risk of hypokalemia is significantly increased when hypokalemia occurrs simultaneously with other pro-arrhythmic setting (table 2).

Better safe than sorry.

No, I am fortunate that I have never had anything serious like that. I was diagnosed a couple of weeks later at the gynecologist as having levator muscle spasms. I wasn't even that sick for goodness sake. I had stomach cramps is all. I was alert, oriented, and otherwise completely totally healthy. No reason to suspect any heart condition in me at all.

I was not feeling sick, either. Only my blood test told them I was not as I looked or felt. My whole point is, they ( and you should want) would rather be sake than sorry.

Better safe than sorry.

No, I am fortunate that I have never had anything serious like that. I was diagnosed a couple of weeks later at the gynecologist as having levator muscle spasms. I wasn't even that sick for goodness sake. I had stomach cramps is all. I was alert, oriented, and otherwise completely totally healthy. No reason to suspect any heart condition in me at all.

I was not feeling sick, either. Only my blood test told them I was not as I looked or felt. My whole point is, they ( and you should want) would rather be sake than sorry.

Better safe than sorry.

I had already been suffering from these types of cramps for years, and I told them that too. I think they wanted to keep me there to make money, feed me a couple of IV bags and charge my insurance company for "hospital time." You know they charge upwards of 80 dollars per IV bag?

Cramps? Take the holy trinity. A Roxicodone, a Xanax and a Flexeril. And down it with 40 oz. of your favorite beer. I guarantee it will work better than 0.9% saline solution.

Forum List

Back