Salami, bleu cheese, sourdough sandwich?

I'm having my usual: low sodium turkey on toasted rye with lettuce.

Sometimes if I'm in a daring mood, I'll drop a dollop of mayo on.

Gotta keep that cholesterol in check lest I'll be taking one of those damn statin drugs the doctors love to push.

Ah, Blue Cheese..........

Love it on salads. And, try this sometime for a change with fries, or tots, or waffle fries, etc..

Cook the fries as needed, then add a mix of creamy and dry blue cheese on top. Put back in the over (with it turned off, the heat will melt the cheese) and enjoy. You can do this on Kettle Chips or any kind of potato product too.

Yummy! I dip mine in soy sauce too..............Heaven!

• Banned
Oh YUM.

I really do love bleu....the fry idea sounds heavenly. I recently started stuffing my burgers w/bleu, too....yum yum....

I'm having my usual: low sodium turkey on toasted rye with lettuce.

Sometimes if I'm in a daring mood, I'll drop a dollop of mayo on.

Gotta keep that cholesterol in check lest I'll be taking one of those damn statin drugs the doctors love to push.
Honestly I don't put a lot of stock in the cholesterol hype, there is no empirical evidence, only what may be considered relational evidence that cholesterol levels pose any threat what so ever. The problem with relational evidence in medicine and biology is the lack of a large enough and properly defined contributing factors many of which are individually DNA specific. This is one reason we see medical studies constantly contradicting each other.

• Banned
If I had high cholesterol and things like high blood pressure and heart disease ran in my family I'd worry about it. But my cholesterol is good, so is my ticker, so is my bp...so for now I don't worry much about cholesterol.

But I really should not eat rich food all the time. I love it, but sheesh the calories are through the roof. I don't worry about cholesterol...I worry about getting FAT.

Forum List

Back