Sailor Abby Sunderland's Dad Signed Her To TV Deal Before Her Doomed Voyage

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Here's a dose of reality.

The father
of teen sailor Abby Sunderland told The NY Post Sunday that he's broke and had signed a contract to do a reality show, "Adventures in Sunderland," about his family of daredevil kids weeks after she set off on her doomed and dangerous solo sail around the globe.

Laurence Sunderland, a sailing instructor who lives in the middle-class Los Angeles suburb of Thousand Oaks with his pregnant wife and seven kids, opened their home to film crews four months ago.

"The show might be about family, it might be about Abigail's trip. It's something that was shopped around," he said.

FOXNews.com - Sailor Abby Sunderland's Dad Signed Her To TV Deal Before Her Doomed Voyage

cheap stunt for a reality TV show.. good god dad wtf?

Here's a dose of reality.

The father
of teen sailor Abby Sunderland told The NY Post Sunday that he's broke and had signed a contract to do a reality show, "Adventures in Sunderland," about his family of daredevil kids weeks after she set off on her doomed and dangerous solo sail around the globe.

Laurence Sunderland, a sailing instructor who lives in the middle-class Los Angeles suburb of Thousand Oaks with his pregnant wife and seven kids, opened their home to film crews four months ago.

"The show might be about family, it might be about Abigail's trip. It's something that was shopped around," he said.

FOXNews.com - Sailor Abby Sunderland's Dad Signed Her To TV Deal Before Her Doomed Voyage

cheap stunt for a reality TV show.. good god dad wtf?

a balloon would have been cheaper...

oh, wait

broke, pregnant wife seven kids. now there's a reality show about a DUmmie.

It's amazes me what people find entertaining anymore. This "reality" tv phenomenon is mind boggling; wheather it be about a woman who has more children than she can handle, smaller folk trying to live normal lives, overweight people trying to slim down, exterminators exterminating, and now a chance to watch these parents putting their children in harms way. Come on people turn off the boob tube, get off the couch, and go outside and experience your own reality.

Sunderland insists Abby's trip wasn't just a stunt.

The reality show was, he said, "the last thing on my mind.

Riiiiggghhht!
Like we the public are supposed to believe that?

It's amazes me what people find entertaining anymore. This "reality" tv phenomenon is mind boggling; wheather it be about a woman who has more children than she can handle, smaller folk trying to live normal lives, overweight people trying to slim down, exterminators exterminating, and now a chance to watch these parents putting their children in harms way. Come on people turn off the boob tube, get off the couch, and go outside and experience your own reality.

And the very worst of the lot is Wife Swap. That show causes me pain. Reality TV isn't reality. It is unscripted acting, IMO.

LOL, I'd better get offline and quit wasting time at this site. :eusa_whistle:

I wouldn't let the midsguided father's actions detract from the young lady's achievements...or attempts at achievement.

If you had a father who taught sailing and you'd studied under him all your life, wouldn't you like to take that and achieve something with it?

I don't know a lot about her, but hearing that she has an expert father makes me think she probably knew what she was doing.

Since this girl was trying to set a record for going solo, I would think it would be somewhat hard to have a reality camera TV crew on her boat.

But there I go being logical again.

Since this girl was trying to set a record for going solo, I would think it would be somewhat hard to have a reality camera TV crew on her boat.

Don't be inane. There is no doubt that this PROVES that daddy put dollars above daughter.

Don't be inane. There is no doubt that this PROVES that daddy put dollars above daughter.

There is certainly doubt.

Just not in your mind. It was made up days ago.

There is certainly doubt.

Just not in your mind. It was made up days ago.

Certainly it was and more and more evidence keeps appearing that shows that as usual I was correct.

Forum List

Back