Said-Not Said

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
wha??

"The suffering inside Iraq can come to an end when Saddam Hussein's regime is replaced. And I hope -- and most of the world community hopes -- that this regime based on terrorism and atrocities against his own people will be replaced. Over time, we hope to achieve that result."

-Al Gore, 1993

"They dare not admit the truth lest they look like complete fools for launching our country into a reckless, discretionary war against a nation that posed no immediate threat to us whatsoever."

-Al Gore, June 24 2004

I don't see what's similar.

In the first paragraph he was talking about Saddam being bad for his own country (which we knew for a long time before 1993) and in the second paragraph he was talking about how Saddam was no threat to this country (which for right now, it appears that way).

So where is the contradiction? I think he was talking about two different things. Please explain. :confused:

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
I don't see what's similar.

In the first paragraph he was talking about Saddam being bad for his own country (which we knew for a long time before 1993) and in the second paragraph he was talking about how Saddam was no threat to this country (which for right now, it appears that way).

So where is the contradiction? I think he was talking about two different things. Please explain. :confused:

NO. Learn to read.

In the first part, he's saying how we're working rightfully to change saddam's regime.

In the next one he's pretending like he never held such an opinion and that bush was wrong in doing it, and lied about it.

So the contradiction is: Gore accuses Bush of lying and manipulating, though Gore HAD supported regime change himself, as evidence by the first quote from 93. see?

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
NO. Learn to read.

In the first part, he's saying how we're working rightfully to change saddam's regime.

In the next one he's pretending like he never held such an opinion and that bush was wrong in doing it, and lied about it.

So the contradiction is: Gore accuses Bush of lying and manipulating, though Gore HAD supported regime change himself, as evidence by the first quote from 93. see?

How about you learn not to be so rude?

I was just asking what the contradiction was. Obviously, interpretation is key, not reading.

I now see the contradiction now, but next time don't be such an ass about it! I'm so not in the mood today.

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
How about you learn not to be so rude?

I was just asking what the contradiction was. Obviously, interpretation is key, not reading.

I now see the contradiction now, but next time don't be such an ass about it! I'm so not in the mood today.

I'm sorry. I just want you to be your best. That's why your mother and I are so hard on you.:D

Forum List

Back