Safety Tidbit

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
This morning I just happen to remember that it's been one year since one of my neighbors moved back into their house after having a kitchen fire that destroyed the entire interior of their two story home.

This reminded me to check my kitchen fire extinguisher. Something easily forgotten. Heck they sit out of the way in a corner or hang in a pantry etc..the ole out of sight out of mind stuff, ya know.

Anyway folks if you don't have one get one..their less than $20.
If you have one be sure it shows green on the face thingy.
In addition...if you have one of the dry chemical ones, once a month shake it, shake it hard...turn it upside down an all around. Then if you hold it horizontal to
the floor and gently rock it end to end, you can feel the weight of the contents shift from one end to the other. That's a good thing.
The dry chemical tends to compress and pack in over time which could
result in a malfunction if you need it. In other words, it may not won't work. So shake em up.

Mr. P

Mr. P said:
This morning I just happen to remember that it's been one year since one of my neighbors moved back into their house after having a kitchen fire that destroyed the entire interior of their two story home.

This reminded me to check my kitchen fire extinguisher. Something easily forgotten. Heck they sit out of the way in a corner or hang in a pantry etc..the ole out of sight out of mind stuff, ya know.

Anyway folks if you don't have one get one..their less than $20.
If you have one be sure it shows green on the face thingy.
In addition...if you have one of the dry chemical ones, once a month shake it, shake it hard...turn it upside down an all around. Then if you hold it horizontal to
the floor and gently rock it end to end, you can feel the weight of the contents shift from one end to the other. That's a good thing.
The dry chemical tends to compress and pack in over time which could
result in a malfunction if you need it. In other words, it may not won't work. So shake em up.

Mr. P

Good idea! Fire extinquishers and smoke detectors: check when you change the clocks for Day Light Savings or to end Day Light Savings. If in Indiana, maybe you should use corn planting or harvesting dates? :shocked:

Forum List

Back