Safety net for the poor

952 billion from the same chart for defense. Defense is important, but aiding citizens in need is not? What then are we defending?

Just look at it as insurance against looting, widespread revolt and food riots. It's cheaper to feed the poor than to keep them locked up in jails. Don't think it can't happen here, a hungry man will steal to eat in any country.

In a land of plenty, if there are no jobs, and the rule is 'root, hog, or die', a hungry citizen is right to steal and to riot.

952 billion from the same chart for defense. Defense is important, but aiding citizens in need is not? What then are we defending?

BTW, in a fascist country such as ours militarism is part of the welfare programs.

$431,000,000,000.00
+ 952,000,000,000.00

So the welfare/warfare grand total is over a TTTrillion dollars.

Yawn....still is small in comparison to corporate welfare.

Remember who got the bailout after the financial crisis? Wall St. or Main St?

Yet, Contards, blame the poor for welfare. When will you fucking assholes start attacking corporate welfare with the same passion that you attack the poor?

Last edited:

Yet, Contards, blame the poor for welfare. When will you fucking assholes start attacking corporate welfare with the same passion that you attack the poor?

Excuse me son, but I am not a "conservative" as a LIBERTARIAN I oppose welfare , period. All forms and all shapes

Although I support a welfare system that takes an active/relentless role in finding their clients a job, the endemic absence of constructive checks and balances across the board means that the safety net has become a fishing net used to trawl the system for whatever benefits it can yield. By all means make state assistance available to those who genuinely need it, but make it a two-way street where the recipient's job seeking is effectively scrutinised whilst legally reserving the option of withdrawing said assistance as a result of unsatisfactory efforts to seek/find work from the unemployed.

Although I support a welfare system that takes an active/relentless role in finding their clients a job, the endemic absence of constructive checks and balances across the board means that the safety net has become a fishing net used to trawl the system for whatever benefits it can yield. By all means make state assistance available to those who genuinely need it, but make it a two-way street where the recipient's job seeking is effectively scrutinised whilst legally reserving the option of withdrawing said assistance as a result of unsatisfactory efforts to seek/find work from the unemployed.

Start hiring more government employees to do that then. Create jobs!

Excuse me son, but I am not a "conservative" as a LIBERTARIAN I oppose welfare , period. All forms and all shapes

TOO BAD!

you are not the majority and this is a democracy.

dont like what that the majority dont want children to go hungry and cold then fucking move.

Forum List

Back